closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long Shot - end of PCP - anyone here work for BCA

Long Shot - end of PCP - anyone here work for BCA

Just had my reminder letter about end of PCP in 2 months

Not interested in Option 1 part ex

Quite interested in Option 2 pay the balloon

Option 3 - is there a gamble re handing car back ?

I like the car. But ballon is £5k more than WBAC valuation. Dealer rightly says I would struggle to buy my car retail for the ballon. And it’s my spec and I know well looked after.

Spoke to Lloyd’s who do the PCP finance as my idea was to say to them, is there a deal to be done where I give them more than the value but less than the ballon. She said ‘we win some, we lose some’ ...... not interested at all

If I tell them I’m handing it back, will BCA be open to a deal for me to buy it ?

I know I’m probably dreaming, but someone here may be in the know.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The only contact you will have with BCA is an email to tell you when someone is coming to inspect and collect the car.
    The guy who turns up simply does as described above.
    The option to buy is gone as soon as you agree to the car being returned.

Master
    I seem to remember I heard that when you hand a car back, they take it to an auction that's not near you, so you can't find where the car is and buy it cheaper than the balloon. I can't imagine the lease company being especially happy with BCA doing a deal direct with you.

Might be just an urban myth, mind you.

When I handed my Yeti back a couple of years ago I asked the BCA driver where he was taking it. He said Perry Barr in Birmingham and I am east of London but I was able to see the car listed on the BCA website not soon after they picked it up. If I recall the reserve was more than the settlement figure VWFS gave me, then there are the auction fees.

Blog Entries
    BCA will not deal with you in respect of buying the car they are only there to collect for auction, as an aside i have always had an inspection a couple of weeks prior to collection that way no nasty surprises on possible damage etc and if the inspector says there could be fees i respect of wheels etc you can fix it rather than it being done by them at a far higher cost.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Realistically your only option is to register at BCA at trawl through their auction listings (many) until you spot it, and go try buy it.

Master
    If it goes back to BCA you can easily find using their search function. Bare in mind if you are planning to try and ‘buy it back’ at less than your balloon payment you may come a cropper, Residual values are very strong at the mo, Cars are making extremely good money at the moment, a lot of Dealers are short of stock and are paying very strong money for the right cars at Auction.

WBAC can be a good or bad indication of price, they don’t always get it right........

I’ve seen loads of private people looking to do what you are trying to do, look of bemusement when the car goes for more than they could of bought it for pre-auction is sometimes painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    If it goes back to BCA you can easily find using their search function. Bare in mind if you are planning to try and ‘buy it back’ at less than your balloon payment you may come a cropper, Residual values are very strong at the mo, Cars are making extremely good money at the moment, a lot of Dealers are short of stock and are paying very strong money for the right cars at Auction.

WBAC can be a good or bad indication of price, they don’t always get it right........

I’ve seen loads of private people looking to do what you are trying to do, look of bemusement when the car goes for more than they could of bought it for pre-auction is sometimes painful to watch.
    Could HAVE bought it for, could HAVE bought it for, not OF !!!

BTW in case you didn't know WBAC is now owned by BCA; basically used to feed the auction monster.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Could HAVE bought it for, could HAVE bought it for, not OF !!!
    Oh excuse me; your point is?

I’m extremely sorry that I wasn’t grammatically correct, uncalled for and childish.

Oh excuse me; your point is?

I’m extremely sorry that I wasn’t grammatically correct.
    That is my point and you don't have to apologise, really.

Master
    That is my point and you don't have to apologise, really.
    So the only input you’ve had on the thread is to pick up on my grammar? very classy indeed. Are you intentionally trying to be antagonistic?

So the only input you’ve had on the thread is to pick up on my grammar? very classy indeed. Are you intentionally trying to be antagonistic?
    No, I just don't like bad grammar, it's like reading a text off a teenager "uws dat ? - wer r u ? c u l8r !!

Nothing about being classy my friend, it's about writing the spoken word correctly. That's all.

No, I just don't like bad grammar, it's like reading a text off a teenager "uws dat ? - wer r u ? c u l8r !!

Nothing about being classy my friend, it's about writing the spoken word correctly. That's all.
    I must admit this use of 'of' winds me up too. Makes one look common.

Master

I take it you are the Grammar police? I was not using text speak, I made one little error and you choose to highlight and jump all over it. Have I wronged you on the forum in anyway in the past? Your patronising post comes across as a petty little insult, just wondering whether in fact I have done something to annoy you on the forum in the past?

Your post was absolutely pointless and I’m afraid childish- Please don’t bother replying to or quoting any of my posts in the future, I really don’t want any interaction with you whatsoever. I’ve never actually had anyone to put on an ignore list, your post at least has given me a start.

Good luck in scouring the forum and pulling up anyone else that doesn’t meet your grammar standards.

I take it you are the Grammar police? I was not using text speak, I made one little error and you choose to highlight and jump all over it. Have I wronged you on the forum in anyway in the past? Your patronising post comes across as a petty little insult, just wondering whether in fact I have done something to annoy you on the forum in the past?

Your post was absolutely pointless and I’m afraid childish- Please don’t bother replying to or quoting any of my posts in the future, I really don’t want any interaction with you whatsoever. I’ve never actually had anyone to put on an ignore list, your post at least has given me a start.

Good luck in scouring the forum and pulling up anyone else that doesn’t meet your grammar standards.

Thank you to all who contributed before the thread went slightly awry

Interesting to note that values may be higher than I am led to believe - which will make it less painful to pay the balloon. Might also explain why cars similar to mine are on the forecourt at £10k more than the WBAC value and £5k more than the ballon

Master

I think you take a good look at yourself first, I’m sorry if you’ve had a bad day but your post was downright rude and unnecessary.

Continue posting your drivel, feel free to comment again and have the last word, I’ll not be replying.

Last edited by Rob153; 7th July 2020 at 17:25.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

Interesting to note that values may be higher than I am led to believe - which will make it less painful to pay the balloon. Might also explain why cars similar to mine are on the forecourt at £10k more than the WBAC value and £5k more than the ballon

Unfortunately the car game can be very difficult to work out, I’ve been in for over 20 years and it still leaves me scratching my head more often than not :-)

And apologies for sidetracking the thread, i just don’t like forum bullies.

Last edited by Rob153; 7th July 2020 at 17:40.

Master
    You can register with BCA and search for cars, You just need an account holder

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I’m sure some posters think this use is correct.

Master
    If you really like the car, and have known and nurtured it since new etc, then consider what you would be prepared to pay. If it is the balloon payment....and you can afford to, buy it. A car is always worth what someone is prepared to pay for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    You can register with BCA and search for cars, You just need an account holder
    Does the BCA page show hammer prices achieved so the OP could see what similar cars are selling for?

Craftsman
    Most PCP cars are only processed not retailed by BCA. They sell them in closed auctions to the Brand’s own dealer Network. So an Audi return Is sold by BCA at a closed auction only to Audi dealers. Exceptions are high mileage cars but they’re almost never retailed where they are collected.

Blog Entries
    I had an Audi B7 S4 cabriolet that reached the end of it's PCP and as I was starting a new business venture I didn’t want to buy it, or a new car. It was low mileage, high spec, all in all a perfect example and the balloon payment was significantly below market value. Unfortunately, it is hard to sell a car of that value without offering finance. The guy from BCA collected it and commented on the condition, saying this won’t even go to an auction. Apparently, some people get the opportunity to buy the car/ settle the finance. As an aside the car was never auctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

Take the WBAC value with a pinch of salt, they are chancers, their value seems to be close to a blind trade sale, ignore that nice Philip Scofield they are ruthless, people need to be desperate or totally uninterested to sell to them, they are dragging the second have private value of cars down.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Take the WBAC value with a pinch of salt, they are chancers, their value seems to be close to a blind trade sale, ignore that nice Philip Scofield they are ruthless, people need to be desperate or totally uninterested to sell to them, they are dragging the second have private value of cars down.
    This.

When we changed cars last time I used them as a marker for what the deal potentially could look like. They valued the car (BMW X5) £1200 less than the dealer (who use BCA for their higher mileage trade ins).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    I had an Audi B7 S4 cabriolet that reached the end of it's PCP and as I was starting a new business venture I didn’t want to buy it, or a new car. It was low mileage, high spec, all in all a perfect example and the balloon payment was significantly below market value. Unfortunately, it is hard to sell a car of that value without offering finance. The guy from BCA collected it and commented on the condition, saying this won’t even go to an auction. Apparently, some people get the opportunity to buy the car/ settle the finance. As an aside the car was never auctioned.
    You are quite correct, not everything BCA collected ended up going through. Back in the day I used to deal heavily in S/RS Models, biggest reseller of the limited B5 RS4’s etc.... I used to be able to buy bits and pieces direct from the vendor, even if BCA had picked them up and started to put it through their system, not strictly above board but that’s the way it worked back then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Does the BCA page show hammer prices achieved so the OP could see what similar cars are selling for?
    No unfortunately not, if you have an account you can see loads of info prior to sale, condition reports, CAP figures (retail valuation bible) but no hammer prices are displayed after the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    They do run Private trade only auctions at Bruntingthorpe, you will never be able to see these.

Master
    I prefer to use Autotrader and ebay completed listings to gauge a more real world price of a cars value, as this indicates what I would have to pay to get a similar car in similar condition.
    The only time we handed back a car after a PCP was for a Nissan Leaf, which had a 12k balloon but had a cost to replace of about 8k, so it made no sense to buy it. As an aside we were charged about £300 for excess mileage and damage which included a broken fog light and a nasty scrape on the sill where the wife had taken a multi story car park ramp turn a bit tight. There are pretty strict guidelines about what is and isn't chargeable, pdfs are available on the net so you can do your own inspection and get anything big corrected if you feel it's beneficial.

Language is transient. You need to accept that and move on.
    Shakespeare would have cringed at the use of your apostrophes.
    In a few hundred years language and grammar will have evolved beyond comprehension.

Sorry about hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Language is transient. You need to accept that and move on.
    Shakespeare would have cringed at the use of your apostrophes.
    In a few hundred years language and grammar will have evolved beyond comprehension.

Sorry about hijack.
    Language may be transient but spelling and punctuation, in the here and now, incorrectly applied makes me cringe just like you suggesting The Bard might.
    Given that he died 400 years ago, I might beg to differ.

You also need not suggest I accept it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    But it isn’t ‘Could of’ it’s ‘Could’ve’, so the shortening of ‘Could Have’ , which is misheard then repeated/adapted into common use.

A bit like ‘You’re joking me?’ Which winds me up too, but it is now in everyday use, especially in the South West and Wales.

I might beg to differ.
    Yes, beg and differ away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Yes, beg and differ away.
    Very poetic I must say.
    I should buy you a pint when I next find myself in the Shropshire wilderness, yeah...
    You can teach me where I've been going wrong for all these years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Suck it up, you signed knowing the balloon, car companies know their way around and don’t give money away.
    Last edited by hilly10; 8th July 2020 at 19:42.

Master
    Only this week guys on a bike forum I subscribe to say they have been contacted by main dealers to buy their 18 month to two year old bikes back. In many cases at well above so called market values.

The reason, dealers cant get new vehicles, they need turnover to generate small profits to cover overheads. So I certainly wouldn’t expect your vehicle if its as nice as you say to be available at a “ deal” price.

So as stated above, if you like it and value its known history, pay the balloon.

Steve

Master
    New car dealers can't get new stock so will buy used to provide some income, used dealers who rely on cast off from the main dealers have had the tap turned off, I popped into a local guy I know to look at something he had, he wanted my trade in and my wife's car at top dollar, I nearly jumped at the deal but we can't do one car family, bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    New car dealers can't get new stock so will buy used to provide some income, used dealers who rely on cast off from the main dealers have had the tap turned off, I popped into a local guy I know to look at something he had, he wanted my trade in and my wife's car at top dollar, I nearly jumped at the deal but we can't do one car family, bugger.
    I'm shifting my 2013 3 series tomorrow, a month ago WBAC offered £8500, Motorway £9000, Evans Halshaw offered £9900 today, I was gobsmacked - I can't find my car and spec for less than £12.5k on a forecourt yet I couldn't shift it at all privately.