closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Maldives with the kids

Master

Maldives with the kids

There are many well travelled members on this group so I’m hoping someone has done this and can advice whether it’s a good idea or not.
    I was idly browsing Maldives holidays online and I had a price of just shy of 5.5K all inclusive for the four of us next may at a place called Club Rannalhi.
    My kids would be 13 and 9 by that time.
    Good idea or bad? Will the kids get bored out of their brains?

Cheers.

Craftsman
    Personally I would not take kids to the Maldives (I have been myself for scuba diving)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just come back from Maldives in March and I would say depends how long your going for, 1 week yes 2 weeks defo not

The island resorts vary. If your chosen resort has a good range of facilities for children then it should be ok, other resorts are more appropriate for couples so the risk of boredom is higher as there’s little else to do than swim, snorkel or lie on the beach.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    That sounds very cheap for AI- Bear in mind May is the start of the rainy season, can rain all day not just isolated showers etc.... Every Maldivian island is different, some will be bigger and more suited to kids, I went to Hakuraa which was tiny, literally one bar, restaurant and not much else.

If your kids love snorkelling then the Maldives is simply stunning, you may have to stay in a beach bungalow as most resorts won’t let kids stay in the water villas. Journey is a pain in the backside but also stunning, I flew via Dubai with Emirates finishing off with a sea plane transfer, if you’ve never been the sea plane is a must, absolutely beautiful views and being literally right behind the pilot, no cockpit door with him flying without shoes is an experience to say the least :-)

We took the kids when they were small to an atoll with about 40 villas spread out over an island, it was punishingly expensive as it was over new year, August is cheaper and weather apparently ok

It was idyliic and the snorkelling/ diving great

One of the few holidays the kids still talk about

We went for 10 days before we had kids. I'd certainly entertain a bigger resort with kids now. The experiences they will have will be hard to beat anywhere else. It is expensive but well worth it.

May is not a great time to go, potentially the kids will have limited stuff of interest.

Maldives is not geared up well for kids.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

SydR
    Only been to Hakurra myself which, as said upstream is very small. But then I didn’t see anything much bigger from the seaplane on the way down from Malé.

There are some resorts which claim to be family friendly but it would depend very much on what interests your kids have and whether that matches what the resort offers.

I’d think its an easy place to get bored if nothing interests you.

Master
    Thanks for the replies folks.
    I asked the kids if they would prefer a holiday to the Maldives or a hotel in Turkey with its own water park.
    Turkey won hands down.

I loved scuba diving in the Maldives, but I think I'd get bored on an island there...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Same as above, I would have gone stir crazy if not for the diving, there was literally nothing to do

Journeyman
    As others have said depends where you go. We went as a couple before we had kids and this Island we stayed on certainly had plenty for kids to do, both inside and outside. I would definitely go again with my kids but will wait until they are a bit older and will appreciate it!

We stayed at Royal Island for a week. Plenty to do from my opinion... there were a few ping pong tables, a resort pool, and plenty of water sports from diving, snorkelling , sailing, boat tours, paddle board etc etc.

I do believe a fond appreciation for the water helps though.

Master
    We taken our kids to the Maldives a couple of times and they loved every minute of it, although they are a little younger than yours. Of course, it really does depend on the island facilities too, but throw in a 3/4 night stay at Atlantis on the way home and it will be an experience that they won’t forget.