closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Aston Martin reliability ... again

How about a V8 Cygnet?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I’m glad you acknowledge that I have. Dubai (another member has kindly shown some from there), Munich and Amsterdam in my travels, plus a colleague has ridden in one in Moscow.

R
    That pic is actually a lineup from Moscow acc the plates...

AM did a 'deal' with AMG, as the latter had not cracked aluminium bonding, and in exchange, hey would provide the engines for AM.

As to British quality, the MB F1 cars are designed and built in the UK it was revealed during the last F1 qualifying on Saturday....
    Last edited by ingenioren; 9th July 2020 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    ...the MB F1 cars are designed and built in the UK it was revealed during the last F1 qualifying on Saturday....
    Not much of a "reveal" give they've got a bluddy-great big factory right next to the A43 a few miles from Silverstone!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Not much of a "reveal" give they've got a bluddy-great big factory right next to the A43 a few miles from Silverstone!
    Well am pretty sure the vast majority are unaware of what we actually do in Britain....
    Nice to learn some positive news as well ..

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    That pic is actually a lineup from Moscow acc the plates...
    Indeed it is, my apologies.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

They are terrible for build quality and reliability. I had a DB11 shit its innards out all over the M4 on me last year (wasn't mine). I remember sitting there waiting for the AA and thinking "even the fecking air vents are out of a Merc B-Class". £250k car? You're having a laugh.

A DBS takes 49 hours to assemble from start to finish.

I've been watching the 'How To Build British' series on C4 and the DBS Superleggera was the subject of one of the episodes.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/...mand/70165-002

R
    I watched that when it was on. The AM production process seems extremely high-tec.

Very little hand building evident.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I watched that when it was on. The AM production process seems extremely high-tec.

Very little hand building evident.
    Did you see the episode featuring Bentley? I found it intersting to compare the two.

R

Did you see the episode featuring Bentley? I found it intersting to compare the two.

R
    Watched them all. Morgan came out tops in the ''hand built'' stakes.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

R
    I did, and enjoyed that too.

I tend to think of low volume high performance cars in the same way I think of horses.

They are thoroughbreds, and anyone who knows horses will tell you that thoroughbreds have all the performance, beauty and prestige, but unlike the more average horse they can be twitchy, temperamental, and costly.

Like horses the owner needs to expect certain characteristics and go in with their eyes, and wallet, open.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I did, and enjoyed that too.

I tend to think of low volume high performance cars in the same way I think of horses.

They are thoroughbreds, and anyone who knows horses will tell you that thoroughbreds have all the performance, beauty and prestige, but unlike the more average horse they can be twitchy, temperamental, and costly.

Like horses the owner needs to expect certain characteristics and go in with their eyes, and wallet, open.
    You can replace 'horses' with 'wives' and the analogy is exactly the same. ;-)

R