closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Warranty card with no name

Craftsman

Warranty card with no name

I have been offered a Daytona, strangely enough by a neighbour of mine and the warranty card is below.

Im not saying I doubt the guy but you have to be careful and the below card comes with no name, I have seen this in the past but wanted to know what other peoples opinion were of it. Does the card look as it should, just excluding the name?

The watch is a full set and I will have a proper look over it this week, the shop on the card is the one he originally purchased it from.

Last edited by GC2012; 6th July 2020 at 10:21.

Blog Entries
    Do you trust your neighbour?

Only check is to see if Rolex can say if it’s on their ‘lost stolen’ register. BTW - Maybe not the best idea to display the full serial number on a public forum?

I’ve seen cards without name / address. The guarantee is with the watch not the customer so no issue for me.

Master
    My BLNR card wasn’t filled in at all, I didn’t have a problem with it but Rolex did tell me it was absolutely against policy and the AD would be severely reprimanded for the offence!

Master
    I bought 2 watches (both Rolex) from Amsterdam airport on different occasions a few years ago. AD didn't put my name on the cards for either. Just the absence of name on warranty card alone shouldn't be a cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Do you trust your neighbour?

Only check is to see if Rolex can say if it’s on their ‘lost stolen’ register. BTW - Maybe not the best idea to display the full serial number on a public forum?

I’ve seen cards without name / address. The guarantee is with the watch not the customer so no issue for me.
    Sadly you can't just phone up to check a serial number, you would have to take the watch in, I took my 16600 in to St James to check if it had any service history and she warned me she would have to check it against the register first.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Sadly you can't just phone up to check a serial number, you would have to take the watch in, I took my 16600 in to St James to check if it had any service history and she warned me she would have to check it against the register first.
    thanks. Yes - would need to take it in. Is St James still being refurbished I wonder?

I can't see that the absence of the original purchaser's name is even remotely of concern. The card appears to have been stamped by the dealer, which is far more important

Master
    I know a couple of people who have bought from grey dealers where the watch was sourced from European AD’s (mainly Italy and Greece if I recall correctly) and they were blank. I bought a watch from an AD in Florence a few years ago and they never filled that in.

I think what UK AD’s have to do and what other AD’s seem to get away with is quite telling. That may have all changed nowadays.

Craftsman
    From what I understand he buys and has known this dealer for over 20 years, originally met him in Basel back in the day.

He spotted my Sub and we got talking, it turns out he is a bit of a trader and gets a few desirable watches from certain dealers in the EU by committing to buying a few 'undesirable (gold, womens models etc)' ones at the same time.

He has offered me a Daytona at a good price and although he is knowledgeable and lives 5 doors down I am still being cautious.

It was just the warranty card I was unsure about, he said he gets them left blank as it helps when he sells them on. Then the next owner can put their name on as if they were the original owner.

Il have a chat with him again this week before pulling the trigger and suss it out a bit more.

Thanks for the replies.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do country/area codes (Eg UK 160?)no longer exist on newish Rolex cards? I no longer have any so cannot check.

Master
    Just a note of caution on Rolex's records of lost / stolen watches: they seem increasingly to be less effective than the ALR Watch Register.

As Rolex removed general access to their list some years ago (and as I warned at the time), their register has become increasingly less relevant. Only last week I had a hit with a 116400GV that was on the ALR Watch Register....but not on Rolex's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Do country/area codes (Eg UK 160?)no longer exist on newish Rolex cards? I no longer have any so cannot check.
    the one pictured has code 100 if that helps?

Blog Entries
    OP: I notice the purchaser field IS populated with the initials U A - can’t see any issues here. Maybe check serial numbers match the actual watch though.

At least you know where the seller lives. :smiley face:

I have this with the BB58 I purchased from SC, in fact I think the date is also missing

The seller included the original purchase receipt though which ties up with the AD stamp on the card

The text around only the warranty only being valid if the card has been populated does worry me a little though

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    the one pictured has code 100 if that helps?
    It used to be a separate box on the other side of the card - “No. client”. I guess the card style has changed.

Apprentice
    For a 2018 I'm not concerned if there is no name on the card. I think it's only within the last year that Rolex is requiring ADs to fill these out.

Do check out this very helpful reference if you have suspicions about the warranty card (also dig a bit more beyond this one if needed) https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=716674.