closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Tictac limited release

Seiko Tictac limited release

This (SZSB006 "Tictac" 35th Anniversary release) is a stunner and it's the second very reasonably priced limited release from them I've missed (the blue dialled Alpinist being the first) and am gutted to have done so. $480 new, sold out in about nine seconds and now changing hands for anything up to $1400. Presently top of my want list.
    Pic appropriated from W&W.
    [IMG]Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 21.58.27 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]

I had the Blue Alpinist and moved it on.

I remember people liking it, but moaning about the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Arrrrgghhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    This (SZSB006 "Tictac" 35th Anniversary release) is a stunner and it's the second very reasonably priced limited release from them I've missed (the blue dialled Alpinist being the first) and am gutted to have done so. $480 new, sold out in about nine seconds and now changing hands for anything up to $1400. Presently top of my want list.
    Pic appropriated from W&W.
    [IMG]Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 21.58.27 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]
    I had this on SC for around £550 2 months ago and nobody even sniffed. It sold on ebay for £775 in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I had this on SC for around £550 2 months ago and nobody even sniffed. It sold on ebay for £775 in the end.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Craftsman
    If its any consolation, Seiko will release a series of similar-looking, non-limited models this summer if Covid hasn't screwed those plans:

Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    If its any consolation, Seiko will release a series of similar-looking, non-limited models this summer if Covid hasn't screwed those plans:
    Excellent, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    There’s one on eBay, from a UK seller, priced at £800.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    There’s one on eBay, from a UK seller, priced at £800.
    Cheers. Yes, have seen that. Too rich for my blood at the moment sadly as I have a bid sitting with an auction house on one of my unicorns. If I win that I'll need to sell a couple (and cheerfully I should be clear for take-off in SC soon so the timing may be perfect). Also, that's the grey-faced one of the two rather than the black/cream. Thanks for flagging though, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

I quite like the look of these but don’t get on with an internal bezel, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I quite like the look of these but don’t get on with an internal bezel, unfortunately.

And being made by Seiko the bezel makes its way around all on its own, I used to leave it and see how many days it took to do a full rotation. Poor quality.

Master
    It’s a bit of a fauxtina oversized 40mm package, at 480 US dollars it’s a bit of fun but when they are trading double original retail i personally would stay away.

Of course the Rolex 1016 and omega railmaster, watches the Seiko is loosely designed to evoke are 10-15k watches these days. However at the 1 to 1.5k mark, which is still more than the Seiko, you can have a smiths w10, the last serially produced fully UK manufactured watch including movement. It definitely has better tool and historical importance than the 1016 also I.e the smiths w10 is military issued to Royal Navy, where as the Rolex 1016 is a tribute watch to another Rolex watch that may or may not have been first worn to go up Everest.

Jesus, really that bad? That’s hard to believe... although I did read quite a few crazy things about Seiko quality. Knock on wood, I still haven’t had a bad one...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    It’s a bit of a fauxtina oversized 40mm package, at 480 US dollars it’s a bit of fun but when they are trading double original retail i personally would stay away.

Of course the Rolex 1016 and omega railmaster, watches the Seiko is loosely designed to evoke are 10-15k watches these days. However at the 1 to 1.5k mark, which is still more than the Seiko, you can have a smiths w10, the last serially produced fully UK manufactured watch including movement. It definitely has better tool and historical importance than the 1016 also I.e the smiths w10 is military issued to Royal Navy, where as the Rolex 1016 is a tribute watch to another Rolex watch that may or may not have been first worn to go up Everest.

These are great. I have one from 1968. W10 is British Army issue. I'm not sure whether they were ever issued to the Royal Navy, but if any were I would expect them to have 0552 on the back. Royal Air Force would be 6BB

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    These are great. I have one from 1968. W10 is British Army issue. I'm not sure whether they were ever issued to the Royal Navy, but if any were I would expect them to have 0552 on the back. Royal Air Force would be 6BB
    You are right, british army not Royal Navy

Master
    I like it looks wise, especially the hints of 1016 and Railmaster styling. It is probably oversized (for me) at 40mm and the bracelet is supposedly poor but I would be willing to give one ago if they could be found easily and affordably.

Master
    There was one for sale if I recall ?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I like it looks wise, especially the hints of 1016 and Railmaster styling. It is probably oversized (for me) at 40mm and the bracelet is supposedly poor but I would be willing to give one ago if they could be found easily and affordably.
    Yeah, the bracelet is generally said to look great and be terrible. Tbh, specs-wise they're not all that, but you know how some watches just get under your skin in defiance of all logic? That.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

Those really are a thing.