closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What goes around .........................................

What goes around .........................................

Given the amount of irresponsible clowns out last night, this from 500 odd years ago seemed rather apt.

The taverns are full of gadabouts making merry this eve , and though I may press my face against the window like an urchin at a confectioners , I am tempted not by the sweetmeats within .

A dram in exchange for the pox is an ill bargain indeed.

Diary of Samuel pepys.

Great plague of 1665 .

I agree but these are the type of people that can't even think about the consequences of tomorrow mornings hangover let alone next months coronavirus death statistics...it's up to the government to legislate to protect everyone from them.

I'm guessing this whole policy is now being driven to save the economy because being locked down in our houses forever is going to do more harm than good longer term...we accept an increase in coronavirus infections and only put the brakes on again if NHS looks like it will become swamped. I only hope we manage to strike that balance between the virus prevalence and the economy and not end up like Texas/Florida or California.

"What's with all these ****ing fake quotes?" - Me, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

Or, as someone said elsewhere re the same . . .

"Hear ye, young Pepys, groups of credulous poltroons will share these words on ye Internette and claim them to be from frivolous sources wherefore they have forsooth not originated, including from that veritable fountain of literary prowess, your very own quill!"
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    ‘85% of quotes on the internet are made up’ - Abraham Lincoln.

"like an urchin at a confectioners" is the least Pepysian line imaginable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I agree but these are the type of people that can't even think about the consequences of tomorrow mornings hangover let alone next months coronavirus death statistics...it's up to the government to legislate to protect everyone from them.

I'm guessing this whole policy is now being driven to save the economy because being locked down in our houses forever is going to do more harm than good longer term...we accept an increase in coronavirus infections and only put the brakes on again if NHS looks like it will become swamped. I only hope we manage to strike that balance between the virus prevalence and the economy and not end up like Texas/Florida or California.
    I agree.
    Basically the government need people to become ill and die in an orderly manner, so as to avoid overwhelming the system. They have some spare capacity in hospitals and morgues so open the pubs etc knowing that herd immunity will come eventually.
    If you’re in an at risk group you need to look to your own welfare when it comes to risks.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I agree.
    Basically the government need people to become ill and die in an orderly manner, so as to avoid overwhelming the system. They have some spare capacity in hospitals and morgues so open the pubs etc knowing that herd immunity will come eventually.
    If you’re in an at risk group you need to look to your own welfare when it comes to risks.
    Sad as it is, I think you are right about having to weigh up your own chances and look after your own welfare. I would have thought the whole spectacle of the weekend would have been well discussed at government level prior to its announcement. They would have known that throwing alcohol into the mix and any social distancing/hand washing goes out of the window completely.