closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Opinions on this 116710 for sale

Craftsman

Opinions on this 116710 for sale

Hi all

I’m looking for a 2009 11670LN in excellent original condition. I would like to know your thoughts on the one linked below. I am no expert so would also be looking for someone independent to inspect the watch before I decided to buy it. I am a very cautious buyer so happy to ask questions until I’m satisfied.

Happy to hear any comments, or tips/questions that I can use to gauge its condition/originality.

Thanks

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/gmt-m...id14462037.htm
    Last edited by Captaincook; 5th July 2020 at 18:40. Reason: Typos

For about £200 or £300 more you can get a newer one from a dealer with hundreds of positive reviews.... it’s not risk free but at least much lower risk than buying from a private individual.

I would certainly pay slightly more for some peace of mind. Personally I would never buy an expensive watch from a private individual on chrono24... it’s just not worth the risk in my personal opinion.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteenekamp View Post
    For about £200 or £300 more you can get a newer one from a dealer with hundreds of positive reviews.... it’s not risk free but at least much lower risk than buying from a private individual.

I would certainly pay slightly more for some peace of mind. Personally I would never buy an expensive watch from a private individual on chrono24... it’s just not worth the risk in my personal opinion.
    ^This is spot on.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies, I agree the price differential between a private and dealer sale would have to be significant for me to consider a private sale. In this case it doesn’t seem to be there and you are right about the safety net of a dealer. Points well taken.

I actually made this guy an offer but we couldn’t agree on a price. You do pay via an escrow service on Chrono24 which does offer you protection

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    I actually made this guy an offer but we couldn’t agree on a price. You do pay via an escrow service on Chrono24 which does offer you protection

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Irrespective of the escrow service offered on Chrono24, I would not rely on this with a private seller, although I would use the service with a recognised dealer.

Craftsman
    Looks like the item has now been ‘Reserved’, no need for me to think about this one.

From my wanted post, i was pointed in the direction of one from a dealer which was priced keener than this one!