closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Insured postage to Europe

Craftsman

Insured postage to Europe

Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice on how to post a watch to Europe insured on a tracked/signed for basis?

Parcel value is £1,300 sending from the UK to Amsterdam.

The Royal Mail website isn't clear on whether they deal with packages insured for this amount.

Appreciate any tips.

I'd look at Parcelforce/GLS, DPD, UPS... I used them for various things and never had a problem. I don't think Royal Mail offers insurance up to that value, it needs to be a courier company.

Edit:
    Parcel2go gives you many options laid out easy to compare.

not cheap, but dhlitnow does the trick (next day delivery). 1.5% insurance fee though, so you are looking at approx 50 gbp. they will pick it up from you, so saves a trip to the posties!

SydR

Insured postage to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I'd look at Parcelforce/GLS, DPD, UPS... I used them for various things and never had a problem. I don't think Royal Mail offers insurance up to that value, it needs to be a courier company.

Edit:
    I had a watch sent to me via GLS/Parcelforce.

Service was atrocious, seller, in Italy, couldn’t’t get Parcelforce to talk to them and I had to spend a couple of days, getting the run-around, to find out where my watch was.

I guess every company has issues from time to time though.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    I had a watch sent to me via GLS/Parcelforce.

Service was atrocious, seller, in Italy, couldn’t’t get Parcelforce to talk to them and I had to spend a couple of days, getting the run-around, to find out where my watch was.

I guess every company has issues from time to time though.
    Yup, with the sheer amount of deliveries the do, the bad experiences are inevitable I think.

Also, recently I had some good experience with Yodel, for a change. I think now it's only 99.7% of disappointment rather than 100% ;-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post

Edit:
    Thanks - I'll check these out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Do check the small print on anything you choose as there are sometimes exclusions or low limits to what is insured (for example “valuables including jewellery, watches, etc).

(i am sure there have been long and extensive posts on this subject in the past running to many pages)

for example DPDlocal has “watch” on their prohibited list - they will not ship

https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/prohibited-items

DPD has the same list

https://shipping.dpd.ie/prohibited-items

UPS prohibit any watch above £500

https://www.ups.com/gb/en/help-cente...ted-items.page

so do check any courier

I suggest you get independent insurance rather than rely on the shipping insurance. However, MPB do cover - but at a price
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 6th July 2020 at 08:34.

Master
    DHL is the way to go up to £4k. You can pay them extra to insure up to that amount.

All the others have low limits on what you can send watch-wise as Martyn says.

I recently used Secursus for a shipment to Austria, which was pretty straightforward.