closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cantilever Parasol

Master

Cantilever Parasol

Thought I'd ask on here as someone always has good advice.
    As the title suggests. Probably 3m and waterproof.
    These aren't an insignificant amount of money by the time you add a cover and weight for the base so want to get it right first time.
    Basically don't want to be ordering s**t.
    I've been looking on Amazon but several different brands and have no idea if one is any better than the other.
    Thanks for any help offered.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

We needed one for the garden as my tolerance to direct sunlight is very low- the wife picked one up the other week from Aldi, think it was about £100 which includes the base weights. Can’t complain for the money tbh.

Master
    That's excellent value for money. I fortin Northern Ireland doesn't have any Adli stores.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    That's excellent value for money. I fortin Northern Ireland doesn't have any Adli stores.

Didn’t realise you got any sun ,thought it was like Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Didn’t realise you got any sun ,thought it was like Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've already had our fortnight of sun for this year but still like to get the parasol. That's why I asked for it to be waterproof

Picked up a fantastic one two or three weeks back from Costco. Worth checking one if you or someone you know is a member. Potentially they also do them online too.

I bought a Kettler one, have used it once since it arrived. Nice piece of kit, I think.
    "A man of little significance"

Got a Bramblecrest one a few weeks ago. A Chichester I think. Impressed so far, 100kg base means it’s unlikely to disappear off. Nicely made, and works well. Some friends saw ours and ordered the same.

Craftsman
    I have the Ikea one. Good solid piece of kit.
    https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/seglaro...rey-s49251803/

Jake

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I have the Ikea one. Good solid piece of kit.
    https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/seglaro...rey-s49251803/

Jake
    These are really good. We have 2. Not waterproof though.

Master
    Thanks for the input guys. Something for me to look into

Master
    Any reason why it needs to be waterproof? These tend to be used in the sun rather than in the rain.
    I bought one from Homebase and while it looks good in the pictures the reality is in anything higher than the slightest breeze it blows about something terrible.
    This is a photo of the one I bought. On my experience, give it a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Any reason why it needs to be waterproof? These tend to be used in the sun rather than in the rain.
    I bought one from Homebase and while it looks good in the pictures the reality is in anything higher than the slightest breeze it blows about something terrible.
    Saves messing about with a cover.

Master
    Thanks for that. Looking at reviews on b&q website and one customers had there's snap in half because of this. Blowing about puts me right off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Saves messing about with a cover.
    I live down in South Wales and we have more than our fair share of rain down here. I never bought a cover for mine and it’s still doing fine a couple of years later.
    In all honesty though I’m not bothered if it does rot, it gives me an excuse to buy a better one.

Journeyman
    +1 for the Kettler.. We've had ours for a few months and I'm impressed so far... solid piece of kit!

We had a Kettler one, the cover rotted

I live down in South Wales and we have more than our fair share of rain down here. I never bought a cover for mine and it’s still doing fine a couple of years later.
    In all honesty though I’m not bothered if it does rot, it gives me an excuse to buy a better one.
    Sounds like yours is waterproof then!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Sounds like yours is waterproof then!
    It didn’t say it was in the literature so I’d guess it’s not.

Blog Entries
    Mt advice, from personal experience, would be to avoid anything from 'Hampshire Garden Furniture', 'Jumbrolly', Sunhaus, etc.

https://jumbrolly.wordpress.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuDE...ature=youtu.be
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

It didn’t say it was in the literature so I’d guess it’s not.
    Suspect they are all to certain extent but claiming so could lead to consumer complaints.

Journeyman
    We got one about two months ago now I think. We have two young kids and especially during lockdown, we wanted something to offer shade on our deck. Not only that, but because of where we have put it on the deck (offering shade over the French doors), it also cools down our living room.

My wife specifically wanted a cantilever parasol as we previously had a regular one but you couldn’t then put a table cloth on the outside table etc...

Got an Outsunny one plus weights from here..

Www.aosom.co.uk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf1982 View Post
    We got one about two months ago now I think. We have two young kids and especially during lockdown, we wanted something to offer shade on our deck. Not only that, but because of where we have put it on the deck (offering shade over the French doors), it also cools down our living room.

My wife specifically wanted a cantilever parasol as we previously had a regular one but you couldn’t then put a table cloth on the outside table etc...

Got an Outsunny one plus weights from here..

Www.aosom.co.uk
    Some price before weights are even included although I'd rather pay the premium if it meant getting something decent. I want this to last for years.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    Some price before weights are even included although I'd rather pay the premium if it meant getting something decent. I want this to last for years.

Yeah, same here. With a three year old, a six month old, and a wife going back to Uni to do a masters and make a career change after maternity leave finishes we thought it best to go for something of quality that would last! So far so good, it has only been a couple of months but it looks properly built.

I might struggle today but can take some pictures and share them so you can see a ‘real’ one rather than just glossy staged photos...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf1982 View Post
    Yeah, same here. With a three year old, a six month old, and a wife going back to Uni to do a masters and make a career change after maternity leave finishes we thought it best to go for something of quality that would last! So far so good, it has only been a couple of months but it looks properly built.

I might struggle today but can take some pictures and share them so you can see a ‘real’ one rather than just glossy staged photos...
    If its not too much trouble then yes please we're not rushing this purchase as the weather he in NI is pretty crap now anyway.
    I'm currently swaying towards the Kettler ones though. Mainly due to price difference

Master
    In the West of Scotland, ours is used more to keep the rain off, than shelter from the sun.

Over the years, we've had a few, from cheap and cheerful to quite expensive but the killer element in this part of the world is the wind. If it gets caught in a gust, it ends up like an umbrella turning inside out.