closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Quality Control!

Seiko Quality Control!

A new Seiko Presage (SRPD37J1) arrived today. Gorgeous dial. On closer inspection I noticed that there was what appears to be metal swarf around the hands pivot. I'm very disappointed but also surprised that this would have been allowed to leave the factory in this condition. Hopefully just a one off. I am returning it to the company I purchased from for a refund.

Master
    I had a cocktail time that had askew indices. I'm a Seiko fan with my heart but my head says citizen. Their quality control is the best bang for buck.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    How about this one...

Its not mine but its brand new purchased and one of Seiko new 62Mas re-issues...

Is that Lume pip in the centre of the triangle? NOPE

Craftsman
    Lume pip - that's not listed in the disclaimers added to the 'Note' section of this listing.

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...-made-in-japan

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    How about this one...

Its not mine but its brand new purchased and one of Seiko new 62Mas re-issues...

Is that Lume pip in the centre of the triangle? NOPE
    I was going to say a badly sized strap but I see what you mean. :)

Blog Entries
    These types of QC issues only feed into the value for money proposition offered by the likes of Steeldive and heimendllr even more.

Seiko , Cmon we are rooting for you and your letting us down !

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Lume pip - that's not listed in the disclaimers added to the 'Note' section of this listing.

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...-made-in-japan

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    That's just crazy for a watch of that price. I assume the Note is added by the sellor, not Seiko themselves.

Really disappointing. Seiko is the brand I gel with the most and I've always admired their QC for the price(es). Hope these are just blips.

I had two problems with Seiko Alpinist Quartz GMTs that came back from a service. The first one was the rare Blue dial limited edition and the date changed at 22:30 every night. It had to go back to Seiko to have the hands reset because they had been put on wrong and on the second watch that came back with a small lump of dust or grease or something stuck to the dial which hadn't been there previously.

I got the impression that they just throw things back together and get them on their way without doing a proper QC check or inspection.

I no longer own any Seiko.

Seiko are shocking really. At the prices from a couple of years ago (SKX just over £100, Turtles around/under £250) you could laugh it off almost, but the prices they're asking now for that same lack of attention to detail has removed the value proposition they once were.

I quite enjoyed those days where you knew if you wanted your brand new seiko perfect you'd have to do work to it on arrival, it got me into a new area of the hobby that was quite fun. With the prices now though, I don't want to spend £250 on the new equivalents of the SKX only to still have to do this work, and the idea that misalignment and these other issues is acceptable on anything £500+ is laughable as there is so much competition.

Nobody can assemble and send out a watch as badly presented as seiko, unless you're in the sub £10 area of aliexpress, then you might find something equally as poorly done if you get unlucky.

Still have a fondness for Seiko, but with the restrictions from the grey channels such as creation watches on prospex now, I will not pay UK AD prices for any new models so am at a stalemate personally.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    they have admitted to lowering the standard saying misalignment is within specification etc.