closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ineos Grenadier - who’s buying?

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    The new Jimny looks fab in real life. Sadly, Suzuki isn't up to pace with the European emission rules. As a result, the Dutch government sanctions the Jimny with a lot of anti-pollution tax. The Jimny with its current engine is far too expensive for its use and practicality. 26k euros here for the cheapest version. A cleaner engine and 18 - 20K euro for the cheapest version-price tag would proof it to be unbeatable in the sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The Jimmy's 3 star NCAP rating also isn't helping it.
    From Suzuki ''Unfortunately the current Jimny is no longer in production, so please contact your local Suzuki Dealer directly to check their new and used stock availability. The Suzuki Jimny will return at some point in the future, so follow us on our social channels to stay updated''.

Probably bigger - hybrid or electric.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Kiss of death if they do this.

One of the many things alienating people from the Deafener [sic] is its Slovakian origin.

Well that and the fact it' a giant cop-out...
    Maybe that's a ''Lincolnshire'' thing.

Suzuki is making all its cars electric.

The new Ford Bronco is very inteteresting. I'm not sure someone hellbent on buying a new version of the classic Land Rover is going to be swayed but it's going to be a very compelling option for anyone else thinking about a new and perhaps slightly different SUV.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Blog Entries

Ineos Grenadier - who’s buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    A pity Suzuki have pulled it from the UK market despite a two year order book for it.
    Wow really? Pity as I wanted to like but far too slow and underpowered with poor economy and emissions for a modern car.
    Last edited by Middo; 16th July 2020 at 09:14.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Maybe that's a ''Lincolnshire'' thing.
    You've been here then?

Fact is, if you're going to make mileage out of a vehicle's oh-so-British heritage, offshoring to a place most Yellowbellies couldn't find on a map is somewhat of an own-goal.

No doubt it'll fly-out of the doors irrespective and be better built than Solihull ever managed...

I think I would wait until the 2021 Ford Bronco comes out, if I was in the market for something I don’t need or wouldn’t drive.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Nothing British then, other than a ripped off design. Should have seen it coming given the French name (yes, I know).

Blog Entries
    There goes the British market...

I'd love to give my opinion but its impossible without straying into politics, - enough to say that the outcome is hardly surprising.

I quite liked the idea of buying a British assembled 4x4

I guess I’ll wait until the final product and pricing to see if it’s still as interesting
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    If the vehicle works it will sell, if it doesn’t it won’t. But why build a factory and train the staff when you can get an existing one and have a reasonably skilled workforce from the car industry already in place. Also given the uncertainty of Brexit I’m sure it won’t be the last one moving out to the continent.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

You may be missing the point somewhat.

Craftsman
    So pricing has been officially indicated at circa £45k for retail and under £40k if your a business and can claim the VAT back.

Orders/deposits will commence around middle 2021 but no indication delivery dates.

https://youtu.be/R3HpvKQ70FQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Can’t see farmers buying them, too expensive for a utility and not the name for the poseurs. Anyone wanting something ugly and exclusive can buy the G-wagen.
    Agree 100%, must be for those who lost out serving in the forces, pretending to be 'macho man' see them a lot in London where really required for the kerbs...

Master
    Just placed my order for a new Defender 110. We test drove one a couple weeks back and it was everything we want from a Land Rover. Delivery date scheduled as 25th December, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Just placed my order for a new Defender 110. We test drove one a couple weeks back and it was everything we want from a Land Rover. Delivery date scheduled as 25th December, we will see.
    Lets be honest... thats pretty unlikely. I'd even go so far to bet my house that you won't be picking it up on the 25th December...

Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Lets be honest... thats pretty unlikely. I'd even go so far to bet my house that you won't be picking it up on the 25th December...
    Id be very careful on what you’d bet your house on. Many years ago the dealership where I used to work opened on Xmas morning for an hour so that an exceptionally loyal customer could surprise his wife with a new car. They we’re driving past anyway on their way to the in-laws and he said to his wife could he pop in and look through the showroom window for a second to see if a new model was in there, when they got there of course our sales guy was waiting with a huge sheet around the car and it wrapped up like a Xmas present. He had paid for the vehicle days before and sorted out all the paperwork so it was just a case of collecting it.....Money talks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Id be very careful on what you’d bet your house on. Many years ago the dealership where I used to work opened on Xmas morning for an hour so that an exceptionally loyal customer could surprise his wife with a new car. They we’re driving past anyway on their way to the in-laws and he said to his wife could he pop in and look through the showroom window for a second to see if a new model was in there, when they got there of course our sales guy was waiting with a huge sheet around the car and it wrapped up like a Xmas present. He had paid for the vehicle days before and sorted out all the paperwork so it was just a case of collecting it.....Money talks!
    A nice story but I’m not expecting this to happen for me! The 25th December date is when it’s due at the dealer and they then need to fit the add-ons (side steps, wheel arch protectors, mud flaps, etc). I’m hearing that gaps have appeared in the schedule as some customers have cancelled their orders on the news that the 4 cylinder diesel engines are being dropped and replaced with inline 6 MHEV Diesel engines. Mine will be the 250 HP MHEV anyway so I must have been one of the first to order it. So it may get to the dealer early enough for it get to me before Xmas, more likely the new year though.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see you weren't swayed by the somewhat negative response to the new Defender. Sometimes actual experience can be a lot different to peoples imagination.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice to see you weren't swayed by the somewhat negative response to the new Defender. Sometimes actual experience can be a lot different to peoples imagination.
    There is obviously a great deal of emotional baggage tied up with the old Defender and the die hard fans are bound to dislike the extent of progress JLR have made with the new one.

As a former Disco 4 and recent old model Defender owner I consider the new Defender to be much more akin to the the D4, and a much better car (for me) than the D5, which I have a strong dislike of. The new Defender drives superbly well, better than the Velar in my opinion, and I was hooked straight away. JLR almost lost me as a customer but I am now back in the fold and very much looking forward to receiving it.

Master
    My wife was looking at the Ineos as a replacement for her ageing Jeep. She would use it as a utility vehicle for towing, collecting hay and general field duties.

Now that it’s being made in France, she’s gone right off the idea.

Blog Entries
    There is obviously a great deal of emotional baggage tied up with the old Defender and the die hard fans are bound to dislike the extent of progress JLR have made with the new one.

As a former Disco 4 and recent old model Defender owner I consider the new Defender to be much more akin to the the D4, and a much better car (for me) than the D5, which I have a strong dislike of. The new Defender drives superbly well, better than the Velar in my opinion, and I was hooked straight away. JLR almost lost me as a customer but I am now back in the fold and very much looking forward to receiving it.
    Thanks thats an interesting insight especially regarding the drivability.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    My wife was looking at the Ineos as a replacement for her ageing Jeep. She would use it as a utility vehicle for towing, collecting hay and general field duties.

Now that it’s being made in France, she’s gone right off the idea.
    That's what I said in posting #59: "There goes the British market". I'm sure your wife will not be the only one with that idea.

Dutch forces are replacing their Defenders for Mercedes G's. The only Defenders still in use are the ones for the Royal Marines. Simply because Dutch Royal Marines and British Royal Marines share equipment. Let's see what happens in years to come. Dutch Commandos (not the same here as Marines; different task and part the Army) have already switched to the Mercedes G.

Can't see Ineos take over that position - at least not for the next few years.
    Last edited by thieuster; 5th October 2020 at 16:46.

Craftsman
    As automobiles move to new “greener” power sources, the grenadier will be joining in with a hydrogen electric version!

https://thismon.ee/a/8975433

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydrogen for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Hydrogen for the win.

So as long discussed on here and now officially confirmed:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...nder-in-france

Bump! Base price just released of £40k plus VAT for the two seat commercial… so likely £60k+ for the domesticated family wagon.

Wonder how sales will do at that kinda number? Pretty strong pricing IMO. £450 refundable deposit from tomorrow gets you on the list

TopGear reporting £48k incl VAT for business users and about £5k more for private buyers.

^^^

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Its a strange mix of Defender, Santana, G Wagen and something else. It just doesn't look right to me.

I bet it will be North of £30K.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    Well North then...

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

No SWB versions planned to be made available?
    Seems a shame as that would have suited us well.

Craftsman
    Speaking to staff on the stand at Silverstone, they didn’t rule out a 90 style vehicle in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy View Post
    Speaking to staff on the stand at Silverstone, they didn’t rule out a 90 style vehicle in the future.