closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baltic Aquascaphe - anyone had one?

Baltic Aquascaphe - anyone had one?

Really like the look of these. Anyone had one or seen one in the flesh?
    https://wornandwound.com/review/revi...ic-aquascaphe/

Master
    Yes I had one on a tropic strap. After the initial excitement I didn’t really bond with it, partly because the strap tapered to 16mm and on me it didn’t look right. I quickly noticed the time keeping and power reserve was well off spec, so I sent it back for a refund, at my expense under the t&cs. With the cost of that and the difference in exchange rate when the refund came through the whole experience cost me £80. Lessons learned.

I like the look of Baltic watches but never thought of getting one. There’s other nice options in that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ism123 View Post
    Yes I had one on a tropic strap. After the initial excitement I didn’t really bond with it, partly because the strap tapered to 16mm and on me it didn’t look right. I quickly noticed the time keeping and power reserve was well off spec, so I sent it back for a refund, at my expense under the t&cs. With the cost of that and the difference in exchange rate when the refund came through the whole experience cost me £80. Lessons learned.
    Ah. Forewarned is forearmed. Thank you.

There was a Blue dialled one on SC a while back that looked stunning and I was tempted, but after googling the brand and seeing feedback from others I quickly decided against it.

Owned a black/cream one
    Very photogenic but didn’t do it for me on the wrist. I think the cream was too dull maybe. I don’t really know what I didn’t like about it in the end.
    I guess some watches are greater than the sum of their parts, you read the specs, don’t seem impressed, but then when you see it in the flesh it meets and beats expectations.
    This was the opposite, promised more than it delivered.
    A lovely watch, just not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I had an Blue Gilt Aquascaphe on beads of rice as a daily wearer for 6 months. Robust as hell -took it water most days- and incredibly versatile at 39mm. The faux patina on the dial/hands/bezel is really well done. For someone so into watches as long as it tells the time I’m not fussed on what’s under the hood so the miyota / seagull movements in these watches as mentioned doesn’t bother me - maybe I’m just lucky I haven’t had a problem. Would highly recommend picking up a new or nearly new blue gilt!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app