closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-21 GMT hand

PRS-21 GMT hand

So, I’ve read on various posts about a ‘lazy’ GMT hand. Is that where it lags the hour hand by about 20 mins? If so, I think my watch has this. But.....the GMT hand has a mind of its own. I set it relative to the hour hand and it moves about (over time) significantly. So, it may start as GMT + 0 hours. But soon becomes -1 hour, then -2 etc. It varies so much I’ve no idea what it actually does. It’s not stuck, but I don’t think it’s consistent either.

Anyone else experienced this? Can it be fixed? Is it a big job??

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mouldie View Post
    So, I’ve read on various posts about a ‘lazy’ GMT hand. Is that where it lags the hour hand by about 20 mins? If so, I think my watch has this. But.....the GMT hand has a mind of its own. I set it relative to the hour hand and it moves about (over time) significantly. So, it may start as GMT + 0 hours. But soon becomes -1 hour, then -2 etc. It varies so much I’ve no idea what it actually does. It’s not stuck, but I don’t think it’s consistent either.

Anyone else experienced this? Can it be fixed? Is it a big job??

Thanks in advance for any answers!
    Mine works perfectly fine. But when did you last get yours serviced? I'm sure a decent watch repairer would be able to sort it out.

Right, I reckon I’ve worked out what the issue is. The GMT hand can be set in half hour increments. Is that normal? It appears the GMT hand is going at half the speed of the hour hand. Is this something wrong with how I’m setting the watch or does it need a service? Thanks!

Master
    Right, I reckon I’ve worked out what the issue is. The GMT hand can be set in half hour increments. Is that normal? It appears the GMT hand is going at half the speed of the hour hand. Is this something wrong with how I’m setting the watch or does it need a service? Thanks!
    Not sure what you mean - but the GMT hand only goes around the watch once every 24 hours, unlike the normal hour hand that goes around once every 12 hours. Therefore at 1 o’clock the GMT hand would be halfway between the 12 and 5 minute marker, where the normal hand would be on the 5 minute marker (which is marked 5 on the bezel but 2 on the dial - because when the GMT hand gets there it will be 2o’clock)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Not sure what you mean - but the GMT hand only goes around the watch once every 24 hours, unlike the normal hour hand that goes around once every 12 hours. Therefore at 1 o’clock the GMT hand would be halfway between the 12 and 5 minute marker, where the normal hand would be on the 5 minute marker (which is marked 5 on the bezel but 2 on the dial - because when the GMT hand gets there it will be 2o’clock)

Exactly this! So, this is how it should be? Boy my face is red!! On my other GMT watch the hour hand moves, rather than the GMT marker. The GMT hand then rotates twice in one day so I assumed this was how all GMT watches work!? Embarrassingly this isn’t the first PRS-21 I’ve owned and I never noticed this before....

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Master
    Exactly this! So, this is how it should be? Boy my face is red!! On my other GMT watch the hour hand moves, rather than the GMT marker. The GMT hand then rotates twice in one day so I assumed this was how all GMT watches work!? Embarrassingly this isn’t the first PRS-21 I’ve owned and I never noticed this before....

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
    Lol, goes to show you live and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Lol, goes to show you live and learn!

I’m such an eejit! Makes sense why it’s numbered 1-24 around the dial now. D’oh!!

And thanks again!!