closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grey market buyer’s confidence

Journeyman

Grey market buyer’s confidence

Good evening all!

I have been trying to figure out how safe it is to buy watches on the grey market. Apparently, box and papers alone cannot guarantee the watch to be legit and not reported stolen. Some also come with a verification receipt from Rolex.

I also know that RSC can check the watch for you but that takes around 2 weeks.

For all those with experience, will Rolex issue an OR for verification if the watch turns out to be stolen? The red stamp “does not serve as a certificate of authenticity” makes me worried and doubt the receipt. I also called RSC for clarification and they said that the status will only be conveyed verbally to whoever sent the watch in.

So will a stolen, fake or modified watch have the same verification receipt as a perfectly legal watch?

bottom line no one can guarantee what you want, better off buying reputable dealer.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Buy the seller first, then the watch.

I guess it depends what we mean by Grey market - a Jomashop or Ashford ? Sure - no problem. Some dude who's company was formed three weeks ago... not so much.

As others have said buy the seller, even when going grey. I've heard so many horror stories re grey dealers in Hatton Garden and without a serious recommendation from someone here I would generally avoid. There are a few forum favourite grey dealers and I would try stick to them.

If you are USA based, probably not many people can advise - different market TBH.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Also seems to be a Rolex specific question, which would probably require a different answer to other brands. I recently bought a Blancpain off a broker/grey dealer, but that doesn't help with Rolex.

If you're in America I would probably go straight to David SW. Never bought from him but from what I can see he is the guy to go to. Nice new shop too.