closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex bracelet adjustment

Craftsman

Rolex bracelet adjustment

Does anyone know anyone in Essex who can install a link into a submariner bracelet? I have the link but unfortunately there is no ad in Colchester.

Thanks all

Blog Entries
    Can you not just buy a Burgeon screwdriver (other screwdriver brands are available) and do it yourself?

Careful crouchy, this was my attempt last week with a Wera. I've since ordered a spare link and bought the bergeon kit. Lesson learned.

OP, look for a reputable indy or pop over to Ipswich or Chelmsford. Alternatively give it a go yourself but mind you don't overscrew.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Careful crouchy, this was my attempt last week with a Wera. I've since ordered a spare link and bought the bergeon kit. Lesson learned.

OP, look for a reputable indy or pop over to Ipswich or Chelmsford. Alternatively give it a go yourself but mind you don't overscrew.
    What have you done there? I can't tell.

Rolex bracelets are the easiest to work on in my experience because the screws are a good chunky size. Try adjusting the Speedbird GMT bracelet in comparison

Is it a 1.8mm or 1.6mm head? Just make sure you have a proper table top magnifier or loupe so you can see properly, then a steady hand is all that's needed. Once you've done one you'll never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    What have you done there? I can't tell.
    Was chatting to my wife while screwing it back in and kept screwing. Screw came out the other end of the link. I unscrewed it a bit after but it still pokes out a bit and I have no faith in the screw/link now.

Rolex bracelets have always been one of the easiest to work on. My lads mate bought a Datejust last weekend and came round yesterday for me to remove a link and to swop a link from one side to the other in order to centralise the clasp on the back of his wrist.

Grand Master
    Beware of Loctite-secured screws, if a screw won't move with sensible force the chances are it's being secured with Loctite and that'll require some heat to soften it. On Rolex links you must apply heat to the area of the link that the screw thread goes into, not the head. The opposite is true for Omega screws. As with all things, a bit of thought helps. Don't be afraid to play a small naked flame onto the area, just don't leave it there for more than a couple of seconds. Alternatively, a soldering iron can be used to transfer heat.

The right screwdriver helps, that goes without saying, and a magnifier is a must. Work in a well-lit area and work on a tray.

However, if you're a clumsy cack-handed individual none of this advice will help and you're better off getting someone else to do it.

Great advice from walkerwek there.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Beware of Loctite-secured screws, if a screw won't move with sensible force the chances are it's being secured with Loctite and that'll require some heat to soften it. On Rolex links you must apply heat to the area of the link that the screw thread goes into, not the head.
    I've used a cup of boiling water, to good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    However, if you're a clumsy cack-handed individual none of this advice will help and you're better off getting someone else to do it.
    It's very easy to do damage that costs more to repair than the cost of paying someone to do it...

Craftsman
    Thanks all. Forgot I had a watch toolkit 🤭. All done within 5 minutes