closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Inexpensive strap advice

Inexpensive strap advice

Hi All,

I’m looking for some inspiration for a strap to go on this watch. I was thinking something reddish, maybe a red/brown alligator effect?

Needs to be thin to match the watch and not too expensive. Is it worthwhile getting an Omega gold buckle? The gold plating on the watch is quite tarnished so should I get a buckle to match that tarnished gold effect?

Cheers!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brown for that methinks. TSS has some nice straps at reasonable prices that may suit.
    F.T.F.A.

Reddish you say? How about burgundy...link?

And there are plenty more options on that site to hunt through. You'll have to decide whether and how to 'age' the bold buckle.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Both sites look good, I’ll take a look. The burgundy one looks ideal but they don’t do it in 18mm. I’ll have a dig around on that site.

I found some “vintage” buckles on Etsy that have a slightly tarnished look. It says they are genuine Omega, so may try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Brown for that methinks. TSS has some nice straps at reasonable prices that may suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Reddish you say? How about burgundy...link?

And there are plenty more options on that site to hunt through. You'll have to decide whether and how to 'age' the bold buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJSmith View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Both sites look good, I’ll take a look. The burgundy one looks ideal but they don’t do it in 18mm. I’ll have a dig around on that site.

I found some “vintage” buckles on Etsy that have a slightly tarnished look. It says they are genuine Omega, so may try them out.
    A search on 'burgundy' on that same site turns up many 18 mm options in a range of prices.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    A search on 'burgundy' on that same site turns up many 18 mm options in a range of prices.
    Perfect. Just ordered one of these https://ukwatchstrap.co.uk/DiModell-...rgundy-R2.html comes with a good buckle so may just see how that works to start with. Thanks 😊

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJSmith View Post
    Perfect. Just ordered one of these https://ukwatchstrap.co.uk/DiModell-...rgundy-R2.html comes with a good buckle so may just see how that works to start with. Thanks 
    Glad you found something you like. I have several Di Modell straps and IMO they offer VFM.