closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virtual queuing app to support retailers during COVID

Master

Virtual queuing app to support retailers during COVID

I finished in my previous role at the end of March which more or less coincided with the start of COVID in earnest! Motivated by wanting to support retailers and their customers through the COVID19 period, I have been developing a webapp called vQueue. vQueue allows customers to join a virtual queue which allocates a slot when they can enter a store. This is at the minimal viable product stage, and I would like to work with retailers to pilot this and take it to the next stage of functionality. If anyone works in retail or has contacts that do, then please point them in my direction - many thanks!

Master
    Interestingly the 14 sec animated GIF demo doesn't display when the forum is in mobile mode. Here is a direct link:

14 sec demo

Sorry to be negative about this but I really don’t see the point. Users will have to go to the shop at an approximate time and hang around the shop (like in a real queue) until they are called in by the app?
    Presumably there will have to be another, real, queue for those who don’t have the app?

Maybe I’ve misunderstood how it works though or others will think it’s more worthwhile. Good luck with it anyway!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Sorry to be negative about this but I really don’t see the point. Users will have to go to the shop at an approximate time and hang around the shop (like in a real queue) until they are called in by the app?
    Presumably there will have to be another, real, queue for those who don’t have the app?
    No - the customer can enter at any time between the slot shown on the app, they do not have to physically queue. The underlying scheduling algorithm works to keep the store at approximately the capacity the retailer has set.

I see, maybe some mileage in it but don’t see too many queues TBH.

Master
    A short article on this project in case there is interest