closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would anyone go on a cruise this Summer/ Autumn?

I worked on the big cruise ships for 10 years and have great memories. My wife (who I met on the ships) and I are booked on a cruise at the end of August and still intend to go if it isn't cancelled - but it is only 3 nights.

The key problem is that the ships ventilation and air-conditioning circulates within 'zones' that each include scores of cabins, so germs are pushed round and round just like on a plane. New ship designs are already changing as a result of COVID, with completely redesigned ventilation, but that can't be changed on the ships already out there.

Add to this the numerous touch-points previously mentioned and it is a giant petri-dish.

So the industry is in deep doodoo, but there are some great bargain holidays to be had if you're brave!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Who did you Cruise with
    Cunard...first one was around the caribbean and the second one was a round the world cruise in which we got off in Singapore as we both had had enough.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Going with Cunard, it probably was full of the older generation who do tend to be very stuffy stiff upper lip Brits. We like to Cruise with the mid and smaller ships with a more international clientele. We would never go Cunard, Princess or the lower budget lines, Celebrity and Silverseas our favourites.

Hmm, let's see, should we take the "Death Ship" or "The Ship That Never Returns?"

It's a tossup.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Cunard...first one was around the caribbean and the second one was a round the world cruise in which we got off in Singapore as we both had had enough.
    No wonder you did not enjoy it!.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 3rd July 2020 at 21:19.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not a snowballs chance in hell would I go on holiday this year. Staycation for me. Second spikes only just starting now - way too early imho and far from safe