closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gerry Anderson TV programmes - toys & models

Browsing Youtube a little earlier I found this documentary

I hadn't realised that a group of enthusiasts made three brand new episodes in 2015 - really high quality and well worth watching

Last edited by Velorum; 17th July 2020 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    If the Aquaphibians find out you wrote that they'll come for you . . .
    And rightly so! Troy and Phones will assist them for such defamation of character!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I had to wait longer than expected, 7 months in fact but earlier this week the handmade wooden models from Planearts arrived.

These have exceeded my expectations, the level of detailing and finish is exceptional.

Fireball XL5 (10")

Thunderbird 1 (12")

and the truly marvelous Stringray (14")

Not that expensive when you consider that they are fabricated and finished entirely by hand and made to order. The makers are so polite and professional checking everything with you at each step of manufacture including emailing photos. I wanted the size of the 'Stingray' logo changing and they couldnt have done more to make sure it was exactly as I wanted it - many emails and photos which they were absolutely fine about.

I wanted something a bit special that could be handed down to my grandsons along with my watches in years to come and Im very pleased with them.

Fantastic Ian! Off to Youtube to watch some Supermarionation!
    F.T.F.A.

That TB1 looks fantastic! Can you get a TB3 as well?

An amazing collection there Velorum.

Blimey!

They look very high quality for carved wood.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The only diecast Thunderbird 4 that I could find - made by Japanese company Bandai in 1992 arrived today.

To be honest it didn't look brilliant in the photos but I thought that I would give it a go. A number of the transfers that should have been in the box were missing and the general quality I thought very poor. Will post it back to the seller on Monday. Guess that I will need to give up on having a TB4 in the cabinet for now......

Yes!!! I had that model too!

I had to save the money myself. Pennies and dimes. Hfl 4.95 (little less than 2.50 euros) I still remember the price. I took me ages to get to that amount (with 10c/week pocketmoney). My mother was afraid that it would be sold out when I'd reached the amount needed. So behind my back, she'd gone to the toy store and already had bought the box with Thunderbird 4. They kept it in the store with my name on it. So when I came with Hfl 4.95 in my hand, the shop owner proudly presented the box, accepted my money and returned that to my mom.

She told me this story many years later. My wife and I already had our two kids and we were busy learning them to save money.

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    That TB1 looks fantastic! Can you get a TB3 as well?

An amazing collection there Velorum.
    Yes, they do TB3

They will also do anything that its isnt shown in their catalogue if you send pictures / plans etc

I keep thinking about a Spindrift from Land Of The Giants

Master
    I was lucky enough to score a Product Enterprise "UFO Interceptor with UFO" on a trip to Melbourne, as they were not available in NZ.
    When I first saw it, I said "I'm not buying it, it's not green". On return to NZ, I found out Dinky had made them green, as they didn't think anyone would buy a white toy.
    On my next trip, I bought it, and hand carried it back.
    The UFO Interceptor is the one toy that I never had (of several), that I really wanted.
    I managed to get the set of three SHADO mobiles too (two in NZ, one in Melbourne).

There were shops here that had Space 1999 Eagles that I should have bought, and Stingrays too.
    I passed on the giant Thunderbird 2 in a shop in Melbourne. No idea how I was going to carry that back to NZ. A$1000 all seems so cheap on reflection.

Rob.

oh no !not something else to collect, up until last year i was completley unaware of of theses collectables but thanks to this thread and Velorum i now have theses :-), and am debating a fireball XL5 purchase!

My old man never let me forget the mint boxed 60s Angel Aircraft (Century 21) I picked up in a jumble sale in the late 80s.
    I spent 50p of my pocket money on it and played with it, lost the missiles that shot out of it and managed to damage it.
    He found out that if it had remained mint and boxed he could have sold it for £100...

Here is my collection. So far. Still a few to get. I'm afraid the Thunderbird 2 is a plastic model but it's beautifully detailed (and more like the real thing than the Dinky version. :D) The Product Enterprise models are superb. Which is just as well as they are fetching silly money these days.

I definitely have some originals in the loft somewhere including the Shadow 3 and SPV. They have been "well played with" back in the 1970s. Are replacement plastic parts e.g. missiles and tracks available?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Here is my collection. So far. Still a few to get. I'm afraid the Thunderbird 2 is a plastic model but it's beautifully detailed (and more like the real thing than the Dinky version. :D) The Product Enterprise models are superb. Which is just as well as they are fetching silly money these days.

Is that a Revoltech T2 top right?
    I have a Revoltech T2, series 044.

I had an Airfix Angel Interceptor, gave it away unbuilt, to my nephew.

Still kicking myself for not getting the Space 1999 Eagles ;-{

Rob.

Rob.

Hi Rob
    Yes, it's same T2 as yours. A lot of the detail is hidden away inside the cockpit and drop container. I might try inserting some subtle led lights some day. Cheers.