closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dont sit on the fence

Dont sit on the fence

My second Timefactors watch was a Dreadnought that I was lucky enough to buy new when somebody on the list fell off making room for me. A hefty beast that I really enjoyed but I kept bashing it on door ways so I sold it and felt quite smug when I got something like £800 on Ebay...the other thing about the Dreadnought was that it introduced me to Dornblueth and I ended up owning three of those in succession. By the way, I made way for the Dreadnought by selling my PRS1 Speedbird...should have kept that one.

I had a gap from Timefactors for quite a while then bought a Voyager that just didn't hit it off with me so that went via SC and then a further gap until a few years later when I picked up a used PRS-68 and then a quartz and auto Broad arrow PRS-3 (the quartz is on my wrist today) all of which I still have.

I was recently thinking of adding a Rolex Explorer having sold a Seadweller just before the lockdown but kept looking at the Smiths PRS-25 as a more affordable alternative and one Sunday a short while back I grabbed a 40mm version and absolutely love it. This purchase reminded me of the quality that Eddie manages to deliver which together with styling and sheer honesty makes so many of his watches so appealing. That PRS-25 lit something of a blue touch paper and last Sunday I nabbed a PRS-22 Speedbird and once again its exactly what I had hoped for. The quality feels immense and out of curiosity having not had a Sellita "top" movement stuck it on the timegrapher and its well inside COSC from day one. I was slightly concerned about the bracelet having had an IWC with the same style and Grand Seiko's all of which i struggled to get the right fit with due to the lack of micro adjustment so was pleasantly surprised to see the bracelet was fitted with the same adjuster system as that on the PRS-25, in fact its the same clasp with different name engraving and although some people have complained about this being too bulky I am quite satisfied and more so due to the adjustment on offer.

So now there are now five Timefactors watches in my box and for the outlay its hard to think of a better value place to put your money so if you haven't pulled the trigger on one of Eddies (and have the patience to be fast on Sundays at 14.00!) my advice is give it a try, the odds are that you will be very satisfied.

Cheers Keith

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    My second Timefactors watch was a Dreadnought that I was lucky enough to buy new when somebody on the list fell off making room for me. A hefty beast that I really enjoyed but I kept bashing it on door ways so I sold it and felt quite smug when I got something like £800 on Ebay...the other thing about the Dreadnought was that it introduced me to Dornblueth and I ended up owning three of those in succession. By the way, I made way for the Dreadnought by selling my PRS1 Speedbird...should have kept that one.

I had a gap from Timefactors for quite a while then bought a Voyager that just didn't hit it off with me so that went via SC and then a further gap until a few years later when I picked up a used PRS-68 and then a quartz and auto Broad arrow PRS-3 (the quartz is on my wrist today) all of which I still have.

I was recently thinking of adding a Rolex Explorer having sold a Seadweller just before the lockdown but kept looking at the Smiths PRS-25 as a more affordable alternative and one Sunday a short while back I grabbed a 40mm version and absolutely love it. This purchase reminded me of the quality that Eddie manages to deliver which together with styling and sheer honesty makes so many of his watches so appealing. That PRS-25 lit something of a blue touch paper and last Sunday I nabbed a PRS-22 Speedbird and once again its exactly what I had hoped for. The quality feels immense and out of curiosity having not had a Sellita "top" movement stuck it on the timegrapher and its well inside COSC from day one. I was slightly concerned about the bracelet having had an IWC with the same style and Grand Seiko's all of which i struggled to get the right fit with due to the lack of micro adjustment so was pleasantly surprised to see the bracelet was fitted with the same adjuster system as that on the PRS-25, in fact its the same clasp with different name engraving and although some people have complained about this being too bulky I am quite satisfied and more so due to the adjustment on offer.

So now there are now five Timefactors watches in my box and for the outlay its hard to think of a better value place to put your money so if you haven't pulled the trigger on one of Eddies (and have the patience to be fast on Sundays at 14.00!) my advice is give it a try, the odds are that you will be very satisfied.

Cheers Keith
    I couldn't agree more. I am patiently waiting for the Navigator release.

Master
    Hi Huytonnan Great review.

Re the clasp on the prs25 , I maybe wrong but following feedback from the earlier releases, Eddie switched to a slimmer clasp. Certainly mine from earlier in 2020 is the slimmer clasp , so your more recent will definitely be the newer one.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

Re the clasp on the prs25 , I maybe wrong but following feedback from the earlier releases, Eddie switched to a slimmer clasp. Certainly mine from earlier in 2020 is the slimmer clasp , so your more recent will definitely be the newer one.

Steve
    Thanks Steve, that would explain why I didnt agree with the comments!

BTW the Navigatator and ana digi concept both look very appealing too.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    Thanks Steve, that would explain why I didnt agree with the comments!

BTW the Navigatator and ana digi concept both look very appealing too.
    The issue with the clasp being too big for the Everest was in regard to the original release of the 36mm version, of which I have one. As well as the taper being 20>18mm, the original clasp was a lot longer and deeper than the subsequent version, in short it was vastly oversized for the watch head and quite unbalanced the watch, IMHO. Mine went straight on to leather and/or Nato straps, and I looked in vain for over a year for an aftermarket bracelet for it, the only real contender being a Meraud, but the endlinks weren't quite right and I didn't fancy taking a Dremmel to a €130 bracelet with no guarantee that I could make it fit. I was very happy indeed when the revised bracelet was released as an aftermarket item for the watch, much better dimensions at 20>16mm and reduced in size and bulk all round. That said, I'd have much preferred the 36mm Everest to have 18mm lugs. I also have a first release 40mm Everest, and the bracelet from that is in the box still stickered and unworn. I gave the original 36mm bracelet away to a member here in return for a donation to Eddie's fundraiser. As well as the Everests I also have a Voyager and a PRS-5 Broadarrow, the Sewills Ferreira remains a constant target in the future, one of Eddie's finest IMHO.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Magirus very complete and concise summary. Thank you

If we're talking lovely, just look at this. One of the favourites in my collection and one of Eddie's finest IMHO

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Yep I concur after picking up this recently! Wears exceptionally well, think I prefer it over the 68 I’ve also been wearing of late.

Great post, and totally agree. I bagged this in SC recently and much as I try to avoid wearing the same thing all the time if it's off the wrist for more than a day or so I miss it and back out of the box it comes. [IMG]Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 10.48.12 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]