closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just collected my BB58 blue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    That’s the Rolex approach isn’t it? Take a Submariner, add a date and it’s SubDate, add a complication it’s a GMT, swap a bezel it’s an Explorer II and so on. Even more so with the DateJust lineup.

In the past couple of years it looks like they’ve been trying to go down a route of making watches customisable from the factory, which isn’t a bad thing. Maybe one day we’ll have a large range of colours, bezels, straps and complications to pick from.

I like this blue one though, along with the Seiko spb143 it looks like brands are on a roll with good value classic looking divers.
    Adding a date is much different than this, though. Its a different movement thickness, movement, case, dial, hand height etc etc.... this one is literally 2 components with a splash of colour... Everyone does it, so it's not strange, it's just lazy and nothing to get excited over...

Unless you’ve been waiting for a blue version of the bb58....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I think it is the nicest BB by a long stretch and would like to see one in the metal. I was considering a blue Seamaster later in the year (if I ever get back to work) but this could take its place

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Adding a date is much different than this, though. Its a different movement thickness, movement, case, dial, hand height etc etc.... this one is literally 2 components with a splash of colour... Everyone does it, so it's not strange, it's just lazy and nothing to get excited over...
    Was the hulk anything to get excited over ? Just a coloured insert and dial also. It’s just natural expansion of the line. People are just saying it’s a nice watch - I’m not seeing anyone going too OTT with hype about it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Was the hulk anything to get excited over ? Just a coloured insert and dial also. It’s just natural expansion of the line. People are just saying it’s a nice watch - I’m not seeing anyone going too OTT with hype about it tbh
    Exactly. I was expecting something more like. The blue 50s Tudor subs but this is just a smaller version of the Black Bay 41 in blue.

Just collected my BB58 blue.

That is a very strong release indeed.

The BB58 has perfect dimensions, but was excessively vintage in appearance , so this more contemporary colour scheme works much better for me.

Although I can’t see me having a place in my collection for it, I think it is now at the top of the reasonably priced dress-diver list, above Omega and Breitling. It is also quite staggering value.

Dave

Last edited by helidoc; 4th July 2020 at 11:24.

Craftsman
    Tried this on yesterday, going back to pick it up soon as I can get myself back over to the AD. Anyone who isn't sure about the blue, it is much darker in person.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    really like it apart from the snowflake hand.
    Agreed, the snowflake is a deal breaker for me.

I’ll stick to my SMP 300m.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 4th July 2020 at 11:07.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Agreed, the snowflake is a deal breaker for me.

I’ll stick to my SMP 300m.
    It is great we all have our own preferences, me personally - I like it with the snowflake hand and the hour markers just the way they are!

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    That is a very strong release indeed.

The BB58 has perfect dimensions, but was excessively vintage in appearance , so this more contemporary colour scheme works much better for me.

Although I can’t see me having a place in my collection for it, I think it is now at the top of the reasonably priced dress-diver list, above Omega and Breitling. It is also quite staggering value.

Dave

Agree 100%

First mainstream Tudor Diver in a wearable size that isn't trying to pretend it is vintage with faux patina and gilt everywhere.

Deserves to be, and will be a massive hit.

Journeyman
    Gorgeous!

I have the BB58 as well, but will definitely consider getting this as well.

I'm struggling with whether to go for a BB36, this, or hold out for a Pelagos!?

First world problems, hey

Hope you enjoy the watch

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Tried this on yesterday, going back to pick it up soon as I can get myself back over to the AD. Anyone who isn't sure about the blue, it is much darker in person.
    Did they hold it for you or get another delivery today?

Quote Originally Posted by manicmunnday View Post
    Gorgeous!

I have the BB58 as well, but will definitely consider getting this as well.

I'm struggling with whether to go for a BB36, this, or hold out for a Pelagos!?

First world problems, hey

Hope you enjoy the watch

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It’s a great watch and really like it now I have picked up but would I prefer it over my pelagos.

Tough one but I don’t think so, the pelagos has been brilliant for years.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    isn't trying to pretend it is vintage
    Except the rivet bracelet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    It’s a great watch and really like it now I have picked up but would I prefer it over my pelagos.

Tough one but I don’t think so, the pelagos has been brilliant for years.

Very different watches and colour of blue. I wouldn’t cross shop them. I owned the blue Pelagos and it was too big and not versatile enough for me. I also found the blue to be too bright. All personal taste but I much prefer the size, style and colour of the 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Very different watches and colour of blue. I wouldn’t cross shop them. I owned the blue Pelagos and it was too big and not versatile enough for me. I also found the blue to be too bright. All personal taste but I much prefer the size, style and colour of the 58.
    Totally, very different. I have no intention of selling either. Lucky enough to have both.

I like to change sizes and feels when rotating, what’s the point otherwise

Master
    Totally, very different. I have no intention of selling either. Lucky enough to have both.

I like to change sizes and feels when rotating, what’s the point otherwise

That’s how I feel changing between the BB GMT and 58. Very different to wear but love both.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Did they hold it for you or get another delivery today?
    They held it for me, it’s from the 1st July as the coffin has the sticker on it about not taking any photos and publishing before the 1st July

Master
    Was that Pragnalls by any chance?

I am liking mine and have asked my AD for another for my birthday next month as I am a bit strange and like watches dated on my birthday.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Was that Pragnalls by any chance?

I am liking mine and have asked my AD for another for my birthday next month as I am a bit strange and like watches dated on my birthday.
    No it wasn't. My last few purchases have been with Rudells in Wolverhampton. Meaning to pop into Pragnells but I find it easier to just text my SA at Rudells.

I'm liking this more and more, need to see it in the flesh. But would be a hard sell to have in my collection next to the BB58, especially with other great watches out there.

Master
    Well the inevitable happened today. Maybe the new watch feeling, but I couldn't be more impressed with it. Brilliant watch IMHO.

Easy to wear, not too blingy, VFM, in house movement, dash of colour, 5 year warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Well the inevitable happened today. Maybe the new watch feeling, but I couldn't be more impressed with it. Brilliant watch IMHO.

Easy to wear, not too blingy, VFM, in house movement, dash of colour, 5 year warranty!
    Well done Mr Boss13! Cracking watch you've just bought yourself

Enjoy and wear in good health
    Mark

Have ordered the soft touch strap and clasp for mine as an option, September delivery date though!

I passed on the two reserved for me over the weekend being underwhelmed by the blue dial and bezel not being as dark as I thought it would be in person. I found it quite a washed out blue.

If Tudor had released the blue bezel with a black dial it would have been a lot more appealing.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 6th July 2020 at 18:46.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nice enough, but by no means special. FMO will prevail though. The next best, limited in (initial) availability, great white hope, etc.......

Posters on TRF reporting 6 - 9 month waiting lists.

The hype runs strong with this one.

I am enjoying mine greatly to be fair, the blue is quite changeable depending on the lighting, I think the blue dial was the right call to differentiate it from the 41 blue

Master

I am enjoying mine greatly to be fair, the blue is quite changeable depending on the lighting, I think the blue dial was the right call to differentiate it from the 41 blue
    Agreed. Also, a smaller version of a current model is not special at all. Basing it on a earlier model is the right thing to do and from a collectors perspective gives the watch more credibility. Clearly the blue is personal preference but for me it is a lovely tone that fits into many situations. Any darker and it would be too dark and like the GMT and 41 would look black in a lot of lights and any brighter like the Pelagos and it would be too shape and less versatile.

Got the call from Harrods now for my BB Green, oh well they will make a nice pair!

Craftsman

Wait.

6/9 months wait seems to be way of the mark on this release, they seem to be arriving every week at the ADs and just as quickly put up for sale by the buyers if the numbers on forums etc are anything to go by.

If Tudor had incorporated the Square hour markers reminiscent of the Snowflake submariners on this model, that would have been something but to simply change a colour way, is just taking their fans for granted.

Craftsman
    Fraser Hart Solihull have/had one - my friend got a call after he was on their interest list, but his usual AD got him one earlier in the week

I had another call today offering one on bracelet so seems to be plenty around.

There are plenty about. I was initially told a couple months wait / all gone...and then offered two from two separate ADs within a fortnight. Passed on both, not for me ultimately

Journeyman
    I've had a black BB58 since Dec 2018 and enquired about the blue at my local AD on the day of release. They'd already sold two by the time I arrived at 11am and only had one left on the soft touch strap. I liked it a lot and put a £100 deposit down for a bracelet model, with them stating that I'd have my watch by July. This was Beaverbrooks in Gateshead Metrocentre, which is where I'd brought my current BB58 and have a good relationship with.

Sure enough I had the call this morning that the watch has come in, so the tales of months long waiting lists are either BS, or lots of ADs are just with-holding them for preferred clientelle.

Craftsman
    They do look class in fairness

Have just had a call from EJ in Peterborough, had my name down for both bracelet and NATO. Picked up the bracelet early doors so don’t need both. If anyone is still looking for one Message me.

Have ordered the soft touch strap and clasp for mine as an option, September delivery date though!

What price did they quote you on that?

They initially quoted me £128.00 but this has "greyed" a bit as the price is to be confirmed.