closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just collected my BB58 blue.

It looks rather good, I think I will get one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks nice, I think the level of interest in this is more of a factor of the lack of new releases this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Looks nice, I think the level of interest in this is more of a factor of the lack of new releases this summer.
    Not for me. I've been waiting for this for a very long time. There's nothing out there I'd be interested in buying new anyway, apart from one or two of the new Seiko releases.
    "A man of little significance"

That does look very nice , enjoy .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Personally I love it and it’s what I wanted the Pelagos to be. I love the clean modern aesthetic. I love the fact it is blue and white with no brown minute running track. I love the case size for my 7 inch wrist. If you don’t like blue you won’t like it but I am partial to blue watches. The blue is quite different from the bbb and GMT which was a nice surprise too.

As with all things it’s a lot nice in person than in pictures.

Stu
    Looks great, good to see the size comparison against the GMT, I've yet to see in person but that blue does look a nice tone

Quote Originally Posted by Dakuan View Post
    Neither! Its not a limited edition but with all the interest there'll be a wait unless you are very popular with an AD
    I imagine the BB58 will now go the say way as the BB41 with a variety of different colours.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I imagine the BB58 will now go the say way as the BB41 with a variety of different colours.
    Expect so ... so what are we predicting for next year?

Red bezel with black dial?

Maybe a Kermit?

Looks great, just put my name down for one, let the wait begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Firstly congratulations both Stu and PH on your new purchases, absolutely loving the Tudor Black Bay in blue.

My watch collection hasn't changed much at all over the last few years, indeed I haven't actually bought a watch for 5 years since finally sourcing one I'd always lusted after, a 14060M. I slimmed down my diver collection from a dozen to 10 as sold a lovely Zenith blue & gold Rainbow 2-tone to a member here about 2 years ago, then about a year ago I moved on the orange Breitling SuperOcean to a mate, not a member on this forum.

10 watches is a perfect number

I strongly suspect though that my watch collection will be increasing by one as 39mm is the perfect size for me and except for a silver/blue B&M Riviera I haven't got an all blue watch in my collection

Wear in good health guys!
    Mark

Over the last few months I have been thinking about watches I want v what I wear. I want a blue watch, but I am not sure 39mm is the right size for me. But as the other half reminds me, one in one out.

I have 2 tudors and already gravitating towards another.

It means a rolex has to go.........

Master
    I’m seriously thinking of moving the hulk on for one of this as a colourful diver, crazy

God damn it I’m starting to lust after it. #Feelsbadman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    God damn it I’m starting to lust after it. #Feelsbadman
    Same happened to me earlier today...this game is crazy!

I’m intrigued by the synthetic strap. Not seen a decent pic of it though. If someone buys my breitling SOH I might pick up one of these
    Picked mine up today and they had the blue strap version as well. Will post pics tomorrow but I think we all know what they look like by now, I must say though when it was placed on the desk I couldn't get my cards out quick enough.

The blue strap is very similar to the bezel colour and the material is Alcantara in my opinion having handled it. For those not familiar this is a synthetic suede used extensively in the automotive industry.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Picked mine up today and they had the blue strap version as well. Will post pics tomorrow but I think we all know what they look like by now, I must say though when it was placed on the desk I couldn't get my cards out quick enough.

The blue strap is very similar to the bezel colour and the material is Alcantara in my opinion having handled it. For those not familiar this is a synthetic suede used extensively in the automotive industry.
    Do you think it will be hard wearing material or will it start to look shabby pretty quickly?

Of all the variants being posted prior to release I'm glad that it's all blue, no red triangle, no guilt and a silver minute track. It sits perfectly against the black/guilt model and also slips well into Tudor's range full stop.

Congratulations to those that have already got their mitts on them, and to those in the queue.

I want one bad, but I just know that after a short time, the contrast between the round markers and that hour hand will grate on me. As with my previous BBs I’ve owned.

Craftsman
    Stop posting photos of this please!!!
    I'm seriously thinking about selling my BB red for this as I move towards smaller watches..
    Congratulations to all the new owners

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I managed to pick one up yesterday afternoon after getting a call first thing. I’d expressed an interest earlier in the week when I heard about a potential release (I’ve purchased previously from the AD, so not sure how much of a bearing that had.)

Beaverbrooks in Trafford Centre. They had two in stock when I got the call.

I’m very impressed, lovely piece!

The most impressive thing about this release for me?

1. It wasn’t a watch fayre launch - there was very little fanfare
    2. From first glimpse to launch was a couple of days and availability was there from day 1

Baselworld officially dead after big brands manage successful releases without the need for trade shows

Journeyman
    The most impressive thing about this release for me?

1. It wasn’t a watch fayre launch - there was very little fanfare
    2. From first glimpse to launch was a couple of days and availability was there from day 1

Baselworld officially dead after big brands manage successful releases without the need for trade shows

Totally agree with you. From talking to the staff in Store, they received their initial allocation a few days back, just in advance of launch day.

I admit that I’ve been lusting after various Rolex Sports Models (JC, Explorer, Sub ND) and I’m on a few wait lists, but there is something so refreshing about not having to sell a kidney to access the Tudor range, releases being done professionally and with actual stock for you to see and buy in store. It’s how it should be!
    Last edited by Mikelancs; 2nd July 2020 at 07:42.

Master
    I prefer this blue to the blue Pelagos, but it's still underwhelming for me.

Craftsman
    Was a little underwhelmed with the watch when I first saw it, but it’s growing on me massively. I’m not sure I could justify getting one without saying goodbye to my black and gilt 58 though...this is tough!

First one on eBay I have seen, In the description “get your hands on it for just a little over RRP”

IMG_1433.JPG

My rough calculations makes that fraction over 1/3

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    First one on eBay I have seen, In the description “get your hands on it for just a little over RRP”

IMG_1433.JPG

My rough calculations makes that fraction over 1/3

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    And some loony will pay that for it no doubt!

Do you think it will be hard wearing material or will it start to look shabby pretty quickly?
    It will likely be harder wearing than suede but still need care compared to leather. The strap is a very fresh looking deep Navy Blue with pure white stitching.

Congratulations on the purchases and OP- great video.

This piece has got everything spot on.

I remember a visit to Jean Rosseau and discussing Alcantara - I have a stra[ with alcantara backing. In their opinion it was not a hard wearing material. It is quite nice on the skin, but they were not fans and said a full alcantara strap was not advised unless you were happy it'd be totally finished in 6 months (assuming daily wear). The strap I have, the backing has definitely faded quite a bit. But the main structure is calf, so I doubt it deteriorates in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I remember a visit to Jean Rosseau and discussing Alcantara - I have a stra[ with alcantara backing. In their opinion it was not a hard wearing material. It is quite nice on the skin, but they were not fans and said a full alcantara strap was not advised unless you were happy it'd be totally finished in 6 months (assuming daily wear). The strap I have, the backing has definitely faded quite a bit. But the main structure is calf, so I doubt it deteriorates in the same way.
    Alcantara wasn’t very good in a Mercedes I owned. It stained very easily and showed all sorts of marks when I sold the car only a couple of years old.

I think the Blue 58 would look nice on the Gilt 58’s brown leather strap.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Interesting thanks.

Alcantara wasn’t very good in a Mercedes I owned. It stained very easily and showed all sorts of marks when I sold the car only a couple of years old.

I think the Blue 58 would look nice on the Gilt 58’s brown leather strap.
    Yea mine has lots of sweat marks. Personally think this watch shouldn’t leave the bracelet - even though I find the whole rivets dubious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine. In direct daylight the dial is slightly lighter and more of a faded blue than the bezel but when partially shaded they become similar.

Journeyman
    The new blue looks exceptional. Personally I was never sure about the bronze accents on the original bb58

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I’m seriously thinking of moving the hulk on for one of this as a colourful diver, crazy
    Not quite sure I would part with my hulk for one, but i've made contact with my AD as I think this could be the next incoming...

... Baselworld officially dead after big brands manage successful releases without the need for trade shows
    Not really a surprise that a sought-after model in a highly desirable colourway is a runaway success without much effort. Let's face it, Hans Wilsdorf could release a chromed turd* and the fanghurls would do the rest of the legwork for them - but for many of the smaller independents the loss of a single-focal-point show will be another nail in the coffin. Harsh reality of business, sure, but FWVLIW I think it's a damn shame.

[*this is not a chromed turd]

I think I have managed to nail the exact way this thing looks in natural light after some work to minimise reflections.

You can see the contrast now.

I have added a size comparison with a BLNR

Master
    Is it just me, or does it look more elegant than the BLNR?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look more elegant than the BLNR?
    You may have a point but the BLNR is all about wrist presence these days. Rolex know how to make wrist jewellery that pops but the BB58 concentrates on the tool watch DNA of the brands.

Craftsman
    Surprised no one has picked one up on leather yet. I wonder if the first wave predominantly on the bracelet.

It’s a good looking watch, with well proportioned bezel thickness, but I can’t warm to the riveted bracelet.

I am getting one of these for mine.

I wasn't keen on the supplied strap, it looked too new and I think distressed is a more suitable option although I may pick up the Tudor Nato down the line.

Apprentice
    I was one of the lucky ones to get mine yesterday. As others have said it's difficult to catch the blues in photos, I find the hue of the dial changes a lot with the light while the bezel remains consistent.

Here is mine in the morning light where the dial is inky blue.

Overall I am enjoying it a lot so far, it needs to be seen in person to really appreciate it I think.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TTSFR View Post

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    The more I see it the more I am warming towards it.

If it looks as good as this in person I will be purchasing the one on hold for me.

Master
    How have you all managed to bag one of these already? Two dealers in Brent Cross and sold out already and waiting list in place!

They have 4 GMTs in the window!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    How have you all managed to bag one of these already? Two dealers in Brent Cross and sold out already and waiting list in place!

They have 4 GMTs in the window!
    I have reserved 2 for viewing this weekend. One on bracelet and the other on strap.

Have been told if I reject one or both there are a few buyers lined up in the queue.

Master
    Having collected an expensive watch just a couple of weeks ago, I can't justify adding this, as much as I would love to. Thinking whether to sell something, wait and get the BB58 blue later when the wife feels there has been a long enough gap between purchases or just practice self-restraint and unsubscribe from this thread.

Master
    I have reserved 2 for viewing this weekend. One on bracelet and the other on strap.

Have been told if I reject one or both there are a few buyers lined up in the queue.
    Ah yes I think Fraser Hart mentioned a customer had two reserved !

Craftsman
    I'm considering selling my 114060 (I was wanting to free up some funds anyway) and think the Blue 58 could fill the spot - the guilt numerals on the original always put me off but this looks very nice indeed!

Really need to try and see one in the flesh!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Ah yes I think Fraser Hart mentioned a customer had two reserved !
    Not me as it is not Fraser Hart.

When I was at Goldsmiths collecting yesterday we had both the bracelet and strap versions out on the desk and whilst I was checking out the finish on the strap I became aware of this guy on the next customer table staring at me. Turns out he was ready to buy and anxiously waiting on a decision!

Goldsmiths Trafford Centre got 3 and Beaverbrooks 2. The story I got was that Tudor wanted a launch where watches were going out of store directly on launch day so all dealers got an allocation drop earlier this week to get things moving and create lots of buzz out on social media/forums.

My sales guy said the Tudor rep had suggested they could expect another drop in a month and then about 2 per month thereafter regardless of demand.

This will probably end up like the black version, a bit of a wait but not Rolex style unobtanium.

Master
    My local AD got one of each variant, I went for the bracelet as I will just add the strap at a later date. I had a few calls from ADs enquiring if I wanted one. I am tempted to get one for the date of my birthday next month.