closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Tudor price increase but the new 58 is live on the site...

Master

No Tudor price increase but the new 58 is live on the site...

Well there is no price hyke which is good. Personally for me it’s a lovely watch. I always like and owned a Pelagos but found it too big. I also love the Rolex sub smurf. I’ll be buying this one. I also like the way it’s not just a random colour choice and it harks back to an earlier watch. Well done Tudor.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watch-...ay-fifty-eight

Stu

Master
    It looks good on the nato

Looks as cold and uninviting as the 41 Blue BB.

Much prefer the black to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I will reserve my judgment till I have seen one. Looks good but not stunning.

No price rise is always good news.

I really don’t understand this - they are my favourite brand - producing a watch in my favourite colour and in my perfect size.

.....and I’m feeling.....nothing. Nada. Zilch. No inclination to buy it whatsoever and I don’t know why.

#Feelsweirdman

So near - and yet so far...sigh, the dream continues.
    Last edited by number2; 1st July 2020 at 08:06.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Close but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Well there is no price hyke which is good. Personally for me it’s a lovely watch. I always like and owned a Pelagos but found it too big. I also love the Rolex sub smurf. I’ll be buying this one. I also like the way it’s not just a random colour choice and it harks back to an earlier watch.

I agree . I like everything about it , from the colour to the size . And no price rise , well done Tudor .

The shade of blue might be the same, but the modern sapphire with AR presents it in a different way. Without the acrylic to add a dimension to the colour it looks relatively flat.

To give an equivalent visual lift without the benefit of the acrylic would probably require a deeper, more alluring blue. But then they wouldn't be able to show the link to the historical model.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 1st July 2020 at 08:20. Reason: Striking out AR as I've been corrected below

I've always found the BB to be a bit....meh. It's a lovely watch but it's just a bit too refined for a diver. I looked at the new blue model and thought it looked quite nice but then the photo with the old blue Sub for comparison reinforced my feelings of meh. Just do a re-issue of the old Subs and they'll have the best seller they've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The shade of blue might be the same, but the modern sapphire with AR presents it in a different way. Without the acrylic to add a dimension to the colour it looks relatively flat.

To give an equivalent visual lift without the benefit of the acrylic would probably require a deeper, more alluring blue. But then they wouldn't be able to show the link to the historical model.
    Are you sure its Sapphire with AR. My black bay certainly does not have AR at all, the reflections are insane and annoying.

Yes it is indeed another Black Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I've always found the BB to be a bit....meh. It's a lovely watch but it's just a bit too refined for a diver. I looked at the new blue model and thought it looked quite nice but then the photo with the old blue Sub for comparison reinforced my feelings of meh. Just do a re-issue of the old Subs and they'll have the best seller they've ever had.
    I've said this before - I've never put my name on a list for a new watch, but a reissue of the blue snowflake would have me queueing like an iphone buyer.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I've never spent that much on a watch but I think I'd be in the queue with you!

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I've said this before - I've never put my name on a list for a new watch, but a reissue of the blue snowflake would have me queueing like an iphone buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Tudor have been very careful with ensuring they carve themselves as an independent brand and not the 'poor man's Rolex'. The square plots would have in my mind worked better, but I think it is unlikely we see it.

On the colour, someone else posted this link showing the colour in real life pics, the blue looks a bit deeper. https://barkandjack.com/2020/06/30/i...ef-79030b-001/

Just love everything about it... the nod to the past... the size... the movement..the way the 58 sits on the wrist compared to its larger/Bulkier stablemates.. Bracelet/strap options to suit every style and no price hike as yet.. what's not to like i'm sure it will be just as successful as the black version.

Looks nice enough. I can't help thinking (as I always have) that these hour hands look a bit incongruous with round plots, though, and it would probably be enough to put me off buying.

It will undoubtably sell well but as I've said on the other thread, they've removed the warmth and charm that drew me to the original. Just too generic looking this time around.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Are you sure its Sapphire with AR. My black bay certainly does not have AR at all, the reflections are insane and annoying.
    Ive never felt the need to say "reflections are insane and annoying" whenever Ive glanced down at my watch to look what time it is!..........is it really as you say,really!.

I just accept it,but having said accept,I would say it never enters my head to even think that.

Its easy to say what you said comparing the two watches together in the comparison pics
    I agree,but not insane and annoying to me.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 1st July 2020 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Looks nice enough. I can't help thinking (as I always have) that these hour hands look a bit incongruous with round plots, though, and it would probably be enough to put me off buying.
    Fully agree - the rectangle/square plots from the old tudor subs are a lot nicer match aesthetically.
    Last edited by crazyp; 1st July 2020 at 09:14.

Master
    Definitely something missing for me. I've been hankering for this since the original BB58 was announced but now it's here...

I think in my mind I'm still chasing that render of a deep crisp black, bright white lume and subtle red text.

Is nice but in my opinion have looked for better with a black dial.

I like it, it is the right blue.
    I'll not be buying, but I like it loads.
    Well done Tudor for keeping it Navy blue.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Fully agree - the rectangle/square plots from the old tudor subs are a lot nicer match aesthetically.
    That is the design language reserved for the Pelagos, the more pure Diver in the range.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Ive never felt the need to say "reflections are insane and annoying" whenever Ive glanced down at my watch to look what time it is!..........is it really as you say,really!.

I just accept it,but having said accept,I would say it ever enters my head to even think that.

Its easy to say what you said comparing the two watches together in the comparison pics
    I agree,but not insane and annoying to me.
    The exact wording i used was over the top i agree. My one is flat and it does seem to reflect to a great deal of enthusiasm lol.

I’ve stayed away from the 58, and this will be the same for me, but it’s good to have another option for buyers.

I really think they should offer a different hand set and modern look bracelet alternative - then they can keep a heritage line, but sell a current up to date diver too, as an alternative to the Pelagos.
    It's just a matter of time...

Looks great on that new blue flannel strap, but there's not enough going on there to open my wallet.

It looks good and is very cheap - I think it will sell very well indeed. Good value for money.

Master
    Collecting mine today. Can’t wait.

Master
    When did you put your name in the hat, out of interest? Was it a long standing "the next in the 58 series regardless"?

Looking forward to a wrist shot

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    When did you put your name in the hat, out of interest? Was it a long standing "the next in the 58 series regardless"?
    The AD put one aside for me assuming I would want one! I am not a big spender but have bought jewellery and 4 watches from them in the past. Tudor is their most expensive brand. They only got two in. It’s a fraser hart.

Master
    The AD put one aside for me assuming I would want one! I am not a big spender but have bought jewellery and 4 watches from them in the past. Tudor is their most expensive brand. They only got two in. It’s a fraser hart.
    Great stuff! Throw a photo in when you get home

Master
    Blog Entries
    Rang a couple Ej, Fraser heart today and was told with deposit it’s about 4-6 weeks.

Spoke to goldsmiths who said it’s a register your interest piece and quote 6-9 months. Confirms why I think goldsmiths are the worst, a proper we don’t know or care attitude.

I remember literally stopping in my tracks when I saw the original black bay blue (41mm) in a Jewellers window. I eventually went to try one on, prepared to make a deal there and then, but it just looked huge on my wrist. As many have said before, the 39mm oyster case is the sweet spot in terms of size, and this highlighted that point. On my wrist the 41mm looked like a child wearing his Dad’s watch! The proportions were almost comedic. And the thickness made it unwieldy. But the colours and design were so subtle and it was stunningly finished.

When the BB58 came along I was just waiting for a blue version to be released, and here it is. My personal circumstances probably don’t allow me to make a purchase but I will definitely try one on at some point to see how it compares. I think a part of me can’t help but feeling it would be a substitute for a 14060 which is what I always wanted, despite this watch having a design and heritage all of its own.

So in summary, mixed feelings, a watch I always wanted but maybe not right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Rang a couple Ej, Fraser heart today and was told with deposit it’s about 4-6 weeks. Spoke to goldsmiths who said it’s a register your interest piece and quote 6-9 months. Confirms why I think goldsmiths are the worst, a proper we don’t know or care attitude.
    Goldsmiths have always been the same. I think they're in for a rude awakening in these troubled times.

And a quick one outside away from the bright lights

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Goldsmiths have always been the same. I think they're in for a rude awakening in these troubled times.
    agreed. I took great pleasure in telling them a store across the road from them can get one by end of July and would be getting my money. I don't wish the recession on anyone, but these firms will feel it harder and faster and i won't be crying for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    And a quick one outside away from the bright lights

Lovely pic, thanks

Master
    In Japan, the blue 58 on bracelet sold out in around 30 minutes, as it went on the shelves/display at 16:00 Japan time and by the time I called around ALL the ADs in Tokyo, which was 16:30, it had sold out.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like it. Ive had an eye out for a blue dial for a while.
    I would have preferred the square markers but you get what you get I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post

I think a part of me can’t help but feeling it would be a substitute for a 14060, despite this watch having a design and heritage all of its own.
    Agreed.

Master
    I really like it. I liked the original too, but having so many black dial watches in my collection didn't make sense to add another.

This one is tempting...also sounds from some of the above comments, that availability will not be as bad as it was with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

I like they new, blue one. Not as much as the vintage, but then again, it's not as expensive.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Side by side with the ‘original’ BB58

Will be picking mine up this afternoon assuming the blue tones are what I want. I had dreamt of creamy square lume plots and acrylic but knew I wasn't going to get them, not for £2700 anyway!

I moved my BB58 on a few months back on here having started to find the gilt highlights a bit kitsch.

I have a feeling this will be a big hit for Tudor, 39mm, no faux lume patina and a nice tribute to the MN Snowflakes although lacking the original pieces warmth and personality.

Craftsman
    I think they've got the colour spot on, thanks for posting a side by side, hoping to pick one up in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Side by side with the ‘original’ BB58

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Will be picking mine up this afternoon assuming the blue tones are what I want. I had dreamt of creamy square lume plots and acrylic but knew I wasn't going to get them, not for £2700 anyway!

I moved my BB58 on a few months back on here having started to find the gilt highlights a bit kitsch.

I have a feeling this will be a big hit for Tudor, 39mm, no faux lume patina and a nice tribute to the MN Snowflakes although lacking the original pieces warmth and personality.
    I certainly think the 58 Blue will be a big hit as was the 58 gilt but both do lack originality, warmth or personality.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I certainly think the 58 Blue will be a big hit as was the 58 gilt but both do lack originality, warmth or personality.
    Surprised you think the bb58 lacks warmth

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Surprised you think the bb58 lacks warmth
    +1. Strange comment.