closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW diesel class action

Master
    Blog Entries

VW diesel class action

I keep seeing ads from solicitors chasing this.

Anyone signed up?

I have a Vehical included but have not got involved. Is it worth it and if so with which company?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post

Anyone signed up?

I have a Vehical included but have not got involved. Is it worth it and if so with which company?
    I keep getting similar about Mercedes now as well

Been signed up for over 12 months
    It’s going well

Banned
    Blog Entries

Anyone signed up?

I guess it would help in making a decision, to understand what loss(es) you have actually incurred? Any idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    It’s going well
    How are you measuring that? Genuinely interested.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I guess it would help in making a decision, to understand what loss(es) you have actually incurred? Any idea?

- - - Updated - - -

How are you measuring that? Genuinely interested.
    Well finically I have incurred no losses but I have created more emissions than I had expected due to the software fix to understate the actual emissions. How do you price that?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s going well
    In what way and who did you sign up with?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes,I signed up about three years back.

Master
    It's worth doing and rather like PPI, you might get something at the back end but whatever happens it'll be risk and cost free until settlement.

Avoid anything funded by Burford and if there's one by G&K Law, I'd favour them, smart guys.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well finically I have incurred no losses but I have created more emissions than I had expected due to the software fix to understate the actual emissions. How do you price that?
    Which is my point. How would you price it? It is your loss afterall. Personally, I detest these bandwagon consumer class actions. The new one being COVID-19 business interruption insurance claims. Parasites.....the lawyers (being very generous with that title) that is.

I saw an article where they showed aerial photos of 10's of thousands of newish VWs lined up for breaking in the USA.

The horror of all that is not the NOx those cars could have outputted but the energy/materials waste in the replacement cars that all those owners then went and purchased.

Was an applaing waste of resources.

Especially as VW were almost certainly not the only manufacturer adjusting the engine operating regime for the test criteria.

Master
    It has been mooted that VW are not the only company who have used emissions cheating devices and several other manufacturers may have used similar methods.

We have had several VW diesels in the past few years but cannot, for the life of me, understand how I have lost out financially by doing so.

I have no intention of jumping on this compensation bandwagon as I cannot see how I have been disadvantaged.

Whilst I accept that there has been extra air pollution that will have affected all of us and not just diesel owners. If there is any justification for compensation then this should be used on anti pollution measures not personal gain. Indeed this is where the massive fines already levied should have been directed.

I do feel quite strongly about this sort of compensation culture and those who abuse it. It just makes things more expensive for everybody.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 30th June 2020 at 21:42.

Not sure you can, but did you really choose your car based on emissions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Which is my point. How would you price it? It is your loss afterall. Personally, I detest these bandwagon consumer class actions. The new one being COVID-19 business interruption insurance claims. Parasites.....the lawyers (being very generous with that title) that is.
    This.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

It’s going well
    Is it too late to buy used or will they all have been sorted by now?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Not sure you can, but did you really choose your car based on emissions?
    Yes it was a factor but not the primary one.

I have not signed up with any of these companies chasing VW I was just asking if any others had.

I probably won’t bother but if I felt there was a prospect then I might.

Let’s not forget that what we are dealing with is a corporate deliberately cheating the system and misleading customers and over stating their environmental credentials.

Craftsman
    I had a Tiguan that was affected by the fix and spent the best part of 6 months with the local dealer. In the end I part exchanged it (not for another VW).

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Especially as VW were almost certainly not the only manufacturer adjusting the engine operating regime for the test criteria.
    True i reckon. I keep getting adverts for a Mercedes class action too. I’ve owned 3 VW diesels in the last decade but i’m not interested in this in the slightest. It wouldn’t have changed my buying decisions at all.

Master
    I bought a diesel Sirocco in 2011 IIRC. Kept it a couple of years but never warmed to it. How much would VW owe me then?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I saw an article where they showed aerial photos of 10's of thousands of newish VWs lined up for breaking in the USA.

The horror of all that is not the NOx those cars could have outputted but the energy/materials waste in the replacement cars that all those owners then went and purchased.

Was an applaing waste of resources.
    Well put. Plus at the end of the day the customer will end up paying.

People needed to go to jail for a long time to prevent this sort of thing happening again.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I keep seeing these ads too but frankly had disregarded them as a scam.

Have many of these class actions against VW are there in the UK?

Journeyman

VW Class Action

Hi

Slater and Gordon are one of the bigger Legal Eagles you (could) register with - just your details and the vehciles. They do a check to see if your vehicle falls into there class action group and you are in.

In as in, if there is some payout you will be eligible minus the fees - in US (yes i know they are across a Pond) upto (IIRC) 12k$ was handed back/car.
    Even if half that unexpectedly few years down the line would be welcome by me............Panzer is in - I should have registered my Octavia at the same time as same VW engine.

I'm in S&G from early days - seems the Judges the pre-case was put to agreed there was something to be heard out in the open.

L-K

There will be a band wagon along in a bit, just jump on that .

Master
    I saw one today on the telly for merc diesels saying about how they have conned everybody and Have been polluting the air does that mean then because I breath the air they are polluting I can sue them too even though I have never owned A merc

Master
    I for one would now think twice about buying a power crippled, possibly less reliable effected VW so if I owned one I’d be wanting compensation at least covering the difference between pre diesel gate equity and post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Low-Key View Post
    Hi

Slater and Gordon are one of the bigger Legal Eagles you (could) register with - just your details and the vehciles. They do a check to see if your vehicle falls into there class action group and you are in.

In as in, if there is some payout you will be eligible minus the fees - in US (yes i know they are across a Pond) upto (IIRC) 12k$ was handed back/car.
    Even if half that unexpectedly few years down the line would be welcome by me............Panzer is in - I should have registered my Octavia at the same time as same VW engine.

I'm in S&G from early days - seems the Judges the pre-case was put to agreed there was something to be heard out in the open.

L-K
    Thanks for the S&G ad. Parasites.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Low-Key View Post
    Hi

L-K
    Very rarely do I agree with Skyman, but he’s 100% correct, you’re a parasite.

Master
    I’ve already made my views quite clear here, if you have not suffered any tangible financial loss then there can be no moral case for jumping on this bandwagon and trying to claim money just because you can.

IMO this is reprehensible behaviour and all this does is to put prices up to the detriment of the general consumer.

- - - Updated - - -

In what way and who did you sign up with?

I get regular updates with what’s going on in test cases and next actions etc across in Europe
    I’d need to dig the paperwork out but if you did have a car during that period I see it as nothing to lose

I had a TT diesel - their take as would be mine is when changed I got less than I would have done due to the scared and fiddling at the time

I get regular updates with what’s going on in test cases and next actions etc across in Europe
    I’d need to dig the paperwork out but if you did have a car during that period I see it as nothing to lose

I had a TT diesel - their take as would be mine is when changed I got less than I would have done due to the scared and fiddling at the time

It was SPG Law back in 2018-2019 I think but has now rebranded etc but spg law google will get you there I’d think

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Very rarely do I agree with Skyman, but he’s 100% correct, you’re a parasite.
    You should apologise. This guy is hardly a parasite. All he did was give info on one of the class actions on the go, for those interested in signing up. If anything, you mean the lawyers are the parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    You should apologise. This guy is hardly a parasite. All he did was give info on one of the class actions on the go, for those interested in signing up. If anything, you mean the lawyers are the parasites.
    They are only able to do so by people jumping on the bandwagon.

Master
    Skyman in (correctly) having the moral high ground shocker!

Sweepinghoover in grabbing every penny non shocker!

This is ambulance chasing. Pure and simple.

Blog Entries
    It might intrigue people to know that I brought my 1.6 tdi 5 years ago because I could fit my family in and I was lead fo believe that it was relatively kind to the environment…

What VW did was nothing short of scandalous….

The fact that my next car will likely be a small engine petrol, suggests that there is likely to have been a price impact on my diesel….

So absolutely VW are libel and absolutely they should pay up…

I don’t like the ambulance chasing litigious culture… but, they should absolutely be held accountable for what they did

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Skyman in (correctly) having the moral high ground shocker!

Sweepinghoover in grabbing every penny non shocker!

This is ambulance chasing. Pure and simple.
    No it isn’t…

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    It might intrigue people to know that I brought my 1.6 tdi 5 years ago because I could fit my family in and I was lead fo believe that it was relatively kind to the environment…

What VW did was nothing short of scandalous….

The fact that my next car will likely be a small engine petrol, suggests that there is likely to have been a price impact on my diesel….

So absolutely VW are libel and absolutely they should pay up…

I don’t like the ambulance chasing litigious culture… but, they should absolutely be held accountable for what they did

- - - Updated - - -

No it isn’t…
    I was always under the impression that’s 2nd hand values weren’t effected at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I was always under the impression that’s 2nd hand values weren’t effected at the time?
    No, they were relatively unaffected and remain so.

Most people interpret mpg to being kind to the environment - it's a bit more complicated than that.

No, they were relatively unaffected and remain so.

Most people interpret mpg to being kind to the environment - it's a bit more complicated than that.
    Exactly, they weren’t affected.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I started this topic as I had seen many ads recruiting people to the action.

I have not registered with any of these campaigns but was curious what was going on.

I bought a new golf TDI which I still have that was affected.

What has happened here is a mainstream corporation has cheated the environment and its customers through deliberately cheating the system and they should be held to account.

Customers didn’t get what they paid for ...

I probably haven’t suffered financially but I am unhappy about being duped by VW. I was inconvenienced by the episode as I had to twice take the car for various tests and upgrades. should they compensate me? I’m unsure.

I’m unhappy just reading about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I’m unhappy just reading about it.
    You seem unhappy reading most things.

You seem unhappy reading most things.
    Your posts, certainly.

Craftsman
    There’s also a class action for Mercedes doing the rounds.

I’ve been unlucky to have both an Audi and a Merc that qualify. I was impacted because I got dinged by the dealer big style when I traded in both: the comment at the time from dealers was all the media furore has driven the price right down.

So I will be registering. It’s free money.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    It’s free money.
    The underlying sentiment of all the Eco-anguished in this affair............

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The underlying sentiment of all the Eco-anguished in this affair............
    Nope not really. As I say, I had to take a bath on resale because the manufacturers had taken the approach they chose to take with their emissions tech and the media hype. Why would I not want to recover that money?

I do completely understand that the envisions scandal likely had zero impact on the environment.

Somebody cost me a bunch of money and I want it back.

Nope not really. As I say, I had to take a bath on resale because the manufacturers had taken the approach they chose to take with their emissions tech and the media hype. Why would I not want to recover that money?

I do completely understand that the envisions scandal likely had zero impact on the environment.

But I bet you're not going to refund the treasury for the VED / BIK that you didn't have to pay based on the falsified emissions data.

I see it the other way around. The environment was impacted by this scandal, how much is probably immeasurable. Some clever sod could probably do the maths with numbers sold and come up with a figure.
    How much money did this scandal cost you?

There’s also a class action for Mercedes doing the rounds.

I’ve been unlucky to have both an Audi and a Merc that qualify. I was impacted because I got dinged by the dealer big style when I traded in both: the comment at the time from dealers was all the media furore has driven the price right down.

So I will be registering. It’s free money.
    You didn't fall for that one did you?

And, no such thing as free money.

Master
    I'm glad this isn't in the BP as I think the "free money', 'I care about the environment' and 'someone should pay' parasites would be ripped up for @rsepaper.

I'm not often with Skyman, but he nailed it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I see it the other way around. The environment was impacted by this scandal, how much is probably immeasurable. Some clever sod could probably do the maths with numbers sold and come up with a figure.
    How much money did this scandal cost you?
    About 4.5k based off the pre diesel gate values.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I'm glad this isn't in the BP as I think the "free money', 'I care about the environment' and 'someone should pay' parasites would be ripped up for @rsepaper.

I'm not often with Skyman, but he nailed it.
    Bottom line is a company, by their actions, impacted me to the tune of about 4.5k. There is a legitimate way I could potentially remedy that loss so therefore why should I not take it?

And yes if the government decide to retrospectively recover the correct amount of VED based off the new emissions calculations I would expect to have to pay it back also.

For the complainers: if I had cost you a sum of money due to my actions, are you really saying you’d not attempt to recover it?

Craftsman
    About 4.5k based off the pre diesel gate values.

Why estimated? Surely you know exactly how much money you lost when you sold ?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Bottom line is a company, by their actions, impacted me to the tune of about 4.5k. There is a legitimate way I could potentially remedy that loss so therefore why should I not take it?

And yes if the government decide to retrospectively recover the correct amount of VED based off the new emissions calculations I would expect to have to pay it back also.

For the complainers: if I had cost you a sum of money due to my actions, are you really saying you’d not attempt to recover it?

From how you described it, you fell (twice no less) for an entirely predictable but not necessarily true line from a dealer, that part ex values were impacted.