closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nespresso heads up

Nespresso heads up

Hi all after getting a Jura e6 off tz for home I’ve just got
    Vertuo machine for my shop. Managed to get the vertuo plus machine
    And 200 capsules for £70 from the nespresso official website.
    Think it’s a good deal. They are doing the machine for free if you buy the pods
    Andy

That's the machine that I have. The Vertuo pods are excellent if, like me, you like a good thick crema on your coffee.

And the double espresso pods are good, as well.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Hi all after getting a Jura e6 off tz for home I’ve just got
    Vertuo machine for my shop. Managed to get the vertuo plus machine
    And 200 capsules for £70 from the nespresso official website.
    Think it’s a good deal. They are doing the machine for free if you buy the pods
    Andy
    How did you manage to get the capsules for £70?

Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    How did you manage to get the capsules for £70?
    If you select 'choose your own' you can go for the 39p capsules which works out at £78. Can't see how to get £70 though.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    If you select 'choose your own' you can go for the 39p capsules which works out at £78. Can't see how to get £70 though.
    I’ve ordered one anyway, can’t go wrong at that price!!

Master
    Any link to this deal? What pod specifically enables the free machine?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Any link to this deal? What pod specifically enables the free machine?

Cheers
    It's on the Nespresso home page https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/vertuo-promotion

https://postimg.cc/gallery/syc1KVS
    I had £7 I think to use but the machine is free if 200 pods purchased

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    That's the machine that I have. The Vertuo pods are excellent if, like me, you like a good thick crema on your coffee.

And the double espresso pods are good, as well.
    I cocked up on my pod order. Didn’t realise they do different cup size pods. I’ve used to the old machine

Master
    Thanks, just ordered one for work. Got mixed capsules so £115 but worth it.

Master
    Done!

78£ with the 39p pods. 100 of each.

Great heads up

Mrs will be well chuffed when this rocks up

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Done!

78£ with the 39p pods. 100 of each.

Great heads up

Mrs will be well chuffed when this rocks up
    Mine won’t be as she told me not to get one! Wanted to try this for a while, and just running out of my usual Nespresso capsules

Master
    Does this machine also have a milk frothing option or capability? Looks like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Does this machine also have a milk frothing option or capability? Looks like a good deal.
    No mine doesn’t

Craftsman
    I have been looking for a pod coffee maker to replace and old bean machine. This heads up appeared just in time.

Cheers

Master
    I had £15 worth of points to use so I got 200 pods and a machine for £62. Absolute bargain! Thank you OP.

If you heat the milk in your mug in the microwave for 20 seconds before adding the coffee, you find the new Vertuo machine makes so much creama that you don’t need a milk frother.

Not quite cappuccino levels, but enough to stick a flake in.

Master
    Clever idea that, will give it a go when it arrives. Although I do have an aeroccino or whatever it’s called somewhere in the cupboard. Just find the extra cleaning a faff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    If you heat the milk in your mug in the microwave for 20 seconds before adding the coffee, you find the new Vertuo machine makes so much creama that you don’t need a milk frother.
    Exactly right. It seems to be the Vertuo's m.o. Everything it produces looks like a scaled-down pint of Guinness.

Craftsman
    Has anyone gone from an original machine to a vertuo? Is the only difference the longer drink size?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Has anyone gone from an original machine to a vertuo? Is the only difference the longer drink size?
    Yes, I have added a Vertuo to an original; they are side by side in the kitchen and I wouldn't want to lose the original.

The Vertuo [i] makes taller coffees so is principally an upgrade for people who like mug-sized portions, and [ii] produces much more froth in the process. If (like me) you prefer espressos as served in southern Europe, i.e. small, dark and bitter, with a wisp of froth rather than a Guinness-head, the Vertuo does not add anything; I make mine using the original, since I find that the amount of froth is excessive for an espresso. But if anyone in the house likes the larger quantity it works well, and as others have pointed out you can acquire one very cheaply at the moment.

Master
    This is a tempting offer but judging by capsule size alone, it seems the 39p ones don't actually offer any more than the std smaller size. The fatter Vertuo capsules all seem to be priced higher. Is this the case?

Craftsman
    Thanks Tom that's helpful. Like you I prefer a short espresso so I think I'll stay with my original. Sounds like the Vertuo is ideal for a cappuccino or latte style tall drink.

Master
    Just ordered one, thanks for the heads up. I have the original machine which I will transfer into my FHL.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Yes, I have added a Vertuo to an original; they are side by side in the kitchen and I wouldn't want to lose the original.

The Vertuo [i] makes taller coffees so is principally an upgrade for people who like mug-sized portions, and [ii] produces much more froth in the process. If (like me) you prefer espressos as served in southern Europe, i.e. small, dark and bitter, with a wisp of froth rather than a Guinness-head, the Vertuo does not add anything; I make mine using the original, since I find that the amount of froth is excessive for an espresso. But if anyone in the house likes the larger quantity it works well, and as others have pointed out you can acquire one very cheaply at the moment.

The reason I did not get a vertuo to do this alongside the original is at that point I just make a pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post

As I pointed out earlier, the Vertuo makes excellent espresso - you just use the espresso (or double espresso) pods. The crema is appropriate to the coffee, so the espressos have less crema than the lungos.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I'm tempted by this. Currently have a tassimo and tend to drink the Kenco Colombian which I like. Works out about 25p a pod.

Would Nespresso be a noticeable upgrade?

I tend to prefer a larger coffee, ~200ml, but would probably also drink the odd double expresso if the nespresso was good.

Master
    My machine arrived today - very happy indeed. You get a selection box as well to try the different size capsules.

Additionally, you can set the machine to produce your preferred amount of coffee, beyond the default for each type of capsule. The coffee it produces is a lot better than my aged regular original nespresso machine. Quicker and quieter too.

Master
    Mine also arrived today. Tried one of the largest drink capsules and the ‘cream’ was a little like an artificial foam, seemed to remind me of the foam in a packet of cappuccino.

Not sure I’m a convert from my original kitchen aid capsule machine, but will keep trying. Need to dial back the liquid volume of the longest drink as bigger than my mug!

Usually I’m a long draw from a traditional capsule then 1 of just hot water to top the mug up. Bonus is the machine is always clean.

I purchased the mix selection of 200 as too lazy first time to choose from a variety of flavours I’ve not tried.

Not sure of the automated open / close mechanism, think manual has less to go wrong. Oh and great work designing something that’s too tall to be under a wall cupboard in its open position...that was annoying, so have to lift it forwards each time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    As I pointed out earlier, the Vertuo makes excellent espresso - you just use the espresso (or double espresso) pods. The crema is appropriate to the coffee, so the espressos have less crema than the lungos.
    Each to his own. I quite like the double espresso, but I don't find the espressos a meaningful upgrade on the original machines, which was the question I was answering.

Master
    Dived in for my man shed. Wife did the ordering so my pods came to a bit more

So far so good, will be good to try all the different coffees then just order your favourites next time.
    For the mug size I just heat up the milk for 30 seconds in microwave then make the coffee on top.

Master
    414ml is a lot of coffee, and also larger than my mug...will adjust volumes next time!

Master
    Just got one from the local boutique. Needed some advice and guidance and they were lovely in there. They also had all the colours in stock.
    So now have a machine that I can take home along with 200 capsules and a milk attachment.
    There’s a lot more to it than I expected!
    Thanks for the heads-up. Excited to try it out now.

Anyone know of any decent flat white recipe using this machine.....

Master
    If you want a decent Flat White, you need a Nespresso Barista.
    Expensive, but it produces excellent results - also does exceptional iced drinks.
    https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/orde...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Master
    Mine arrived and i have had a swig, ordered another for the garage.

Master
    Experimenting with mine at the moment. Made a couple of drinks so far - pretty pleased. Glad I bought the milk frother attachment.

Easy to use and quite slick. Seems very well built. Like it so far!

Nespresso heads up

I also picked up a Vertuo and whilst the coffee tastes good and I like the ability to have larger coffees, I am not impressed with the crema. This is more like frothy foam and it is way too much, no matter what size coffee you choose.

If you are an espresso man then I believe the the original pods are better.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I also picked up a Vertuo and whilst the coffee tastes good and I like the ability to have larger coffees, I am not impressed with the crema. This is more like frothy foam and it is way too much, no matter what size coffee you choose.

If you are an espresso man then I believe the the original pods are better.
    Yes,, I think the Vertuo creates foam by spinning the capsules & the original machines create crema by water pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    If you want a decent Flat White, you need a Nespresso Barista.
    Expensive, but it produces excellent results - also does exceptional iced drinks.
    https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/orde...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I have a Latissima Pro and I've used the milk frother built into the machine, the Barista, the aeroccino 3 and 4. The Aeroccino 4 is hands down the best and the Barista for me was hands down the worst (I sent it back). If you want to make fancy flavoured drinks etc it's probably good but if you just want a coffee with a good level of froth (and options of froth levels) it has to be the Aeroccino 4.

This video might be interesting for anyone considering an external froth.

https://youtu.be/aIT2kSSFB3Y

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Yes,, I think the Vertuo creates foam by spinning the capsules & the original machines create crema by water pressure.
    Yes the centrifugal forces of the Vertuo do produce a less ‘authentic’ expresso than the pressure based machines

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Usually I’m a long draw from a traditional capsule then 1 of just hot water to top the mug up. Bonus is the machine is always clean.
    When you do the top up, do you leave the capsule in and just draw more water through it or do you eject the capsule and then draw more water through? Interested as like the idea of cleaning it a little inside after use.

When you do the top up, do you leave the capsule in and just draw more water through it or do you eject the capsule and then draw more water through? Interested as like the idea of cleaning it a little inside after use.
    In the older machine I used to run a cycle without a pod in to flush it through. Not sure if you can do it with the new one ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    In the older machine I used to run a cycle without a pod in to flush it through. Not sure if you can do it with the new one ?
    It doesn’t say that you can in the manual. I’ve just been pressing the button when the coffee has finished dispensing as if I want to top it off and then ejecting the capsule afterwards.

Master
    On the old style, always eject the capsule rather than run through ‘spent grounds’.

With the new style, cannot find a way to do it without entering the full cleaning mode, which is overkill for a little water.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cheers - just bought one and 200 mixed capsules.

Probably the only thing I've missed from not being in the office is the Nespresso machine... now I've no reason to go back at all

Enjoying the Stormio and Colombia’s so far 😀

Master
    Still very much on the side of preferring old capsules with a water top up. The foam on this one (refuse to call it crema), reminds me of the stuff you see floating on polluted seas!