closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Replacement crystal omega aqua Terra skyfall

Hybrid View

Craftsman

Replacement crystal omega aqua Terra skyfall

Hi folks,

I had damaged ar coating on my 39mm skyfall and watchmaker did a great job of removing the ar coating. Crystal pristine now but I've noticed the reflections a lot more on it..I'm not going to rush into anything but would anyone be able to point me to a source for a genuine omega replacement crystal with ar on both sides?

I might at some point try and order one and get my watchmaker to fit.

Watch reference

Cheers,
    Mick

Craftsman
    Should mention I'm in Dublin

Blog Entries
    You could try your local Omega AD? (When lockdown finishes) - some ADs / boutiques are taking emails still.

Craftsman
    I could but I'm pretty sure they will say let's send that back to omega for you...

Blog Entries
    Or google shows this: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/sapphire-glasses. There are some others

Grand Master
    Live with the watch as it is. You’ve no chance of getting the correct Omega crystal with AR coating on the outside, the watch would need to go to an Omega accredited repairer who would be able to source the crystal and fit it.

If you go to the trouble and expense of getting the crystal replaced, there’s every likelihood the coating will get damaged again. You’ve managed to mark one, what will you do differently to prevent it happening again?

The logic doesn’t stack up, just live with the reflections. AR coatings on the outside are a bad idea.

Craftsman
    yeah im in no panic to do anything with it. If at some point i could pick one up and have a local watch fixer fit it would be considerably cheaper than having omega change it. I might just wait a few years and send the watch back to omega for service and ask for a replacement crystal then. Just checking out options at the moment. If i were in the UK im sure someone like genysis would source and fit for me.

Craftsman
    could you get your watchmaker to remove the crystal and get it AR coated at an opticians??

Craftsman
    That's interesting.. i did wonder that's the AR coating process. It's actually not to bad at the moment

I removed the AR coating from the outside of my Oris Depth Gauge, much preferred the look of the crystal without it ... you do get reflections but you do loose the dull look that is a fingerprint magnet

Doesnt help you OP I know but just saying :)