closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA Ernest Jones Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Nice one Clinton.

Was that in Exeter or were you flapping your wings elsewhere?
    I was working in Plymouth Ben, they do not do Casio’s in Exeter store any more.

Just received my Seiko Enamel today....small speck on the dial, ding at 9 o'clock and misaligned date..on the way back soon...pity because is a beautiful watch...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    It is such a PITA that you cannot buy Tudor online - at the moment, doing a wild goose chase trying to find a store with a North Flag in stock...
    Just seen the North Flag on leather at Fraser Hart in Cabot Circus, Bristol - £2380 down from £2800.

Master
    Ordered one of the Citizen Promaster divers depth gauge watches.

Had order confirmation awaiting despatch conf nowScreenshot_20200702_214211.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quite big for my liking but then most G-Shocks are. Not bad at half price!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Just seen the North Flag on leather at Fraser Hart in Cabot Circus, Bristol - £2380 down from £2800.
    This was down to £1900 in the EJ sale before removed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    This was down to £1900 in the EJ sale before removed.

Charlatans that they are. I received an email from them a little while ago asking me to fill in a customer satisfaction survey... I filled it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Charlatans that they are. I received an email from them a little while ago asking me to fill in a customer satisfaction survey... I filled it in.
    ? I bet you did, a customer dissatisfaction survey.

Balls - a real shame. I was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. I have a few screw back 5000 series G’s and would have seriously considered that one as the flagship model for me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Just for reference - my wife picked up a watch and when it arrived, she emailed them to confirm it was new because of lack of stickers and they knocked another 10% off without any ask.

I do think the large majority of these are previously returned watches, or perhaps watches they have put on display at one time or another. I’m not too worried about a g shock, as let’s face it even if the watch has been dropped or played around with, most don’t have a crown to strip or bracelet screws etc to wreck. I’m really not sure about a decent, relatively expensive mechanical watch, god knows what has happened prior to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    OK just an update seeing i started this thread...

I ordered a Casio Rangeman GPS(I have owned this watch before so i know how MASSIVE they are)

Not the quickest dispatch and delivery but arrived today and has everything with it including hangtag and stickers in place on buckle and keeper etc.

If it was an ex display i can honestly not tell and as i am a little OCD i would notice any marks etc.

For £399 it is great VFM.

Quick picture and as yet due to weather i haven't been outside to set time via GPS.

For all those i have forced to spend money or go in search of a watch you didn't really need then i am sorry.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    For all those i have forced to spend money or go in search of a watch you didn't really need then i am sorry.
    You do have a lot to answer for. I have been telling myself for ages that no matter how functional and tough these G-Shocks are, they look really bad on my small wrist. Yet I got a Mudmaster just because it was half price

For reference, it arrived the next working day and even though it was missing tags and buckle/retainer stickers, to me it doesn't look like a used watch or one that has been handled by a lot of people before reaching me.

Gutted there's no Turtles or Samurai left!

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    You do have a lot to answer for. I have been telling myself for ages that no matter how functional and tough these G-Shocks are, they look really bad on my small wrist. Yet I got a Mudmaster just because it was half price

For reference, it arrived the next working day and even though it was missing tags and buckle/retainer stickers, to me it doesn't look like a used watch or one that has been handled by a lot of people before reaching me.
    Email them anyway - my wife got a gift card for £360 with (10% of value of her watch) one email.

Master
    Email them anyway - my wife got a gift card for £360 with (10% of value of her watch) one email.
    Yeah, doesn't sound like much effort. Will do - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    I picked up the BB41 with the blue face today and got an extra £50.00 chatting in store:

Some good discounts available, the Red Bezel BB is one of only and is a store code of M79230R-0004 at head office? Not available to transfer. Current code
    M79230R-0003 is full price and in the window.

Looked tonight and all Tudor have been removed from the sale page. I was eyeing up a GS but my wife was made redundant so this is a great fillet for the collection :-)
    Well done, great watch! Might be my next acquisition. Need to go and try 36 and 41, see what feels right. Also, the blue seems lovely but very light blue sometimes. Other times - like on your picture, it looks like a dark blue which I prefer. I’d like to see it in the metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a longines Hydro conquest with the 50 quid off code for £390
    Last edited by miguelh34; 7th July 2020 at 17:22.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    Gutted there's no Turtles or Samurai left!
    Black dial Samurai seemingly in stock: https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...l+black+watch/

Master
    Does anyone know what delivery method EJ uses and how long it takes? It has been 3 days since a dispatch notification and not a sausage.

They don’t seem to provide a tracking number like other company either.

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    Does anyone know what delivery method EJ uses and how long it takes? It has been 3 days since a dispatch notification and not a sausage.

I ordered on a Thursday morning, got the "despatched" email the same day and then an email from "DX Delivery" on Saturday morning (so 2 days later) with a tracking number. The watch arrived later that day (Saturday).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post

Mine was Royal Mail and was three days

Master
    Mine was delivered by DX. I ordered late evening, got dispatch email the following morning or afternoon and received the watch the day after that. Next working practically, considering I ordered so late.

Dx and Royal Mail

Master
    I might give their customer service a call. Dispatch was last Friday. I assume it is royal mail with no further e mail confirmation. I would have thought it would be here by now

Extra 15% of ALL sale items. Really good if you can use work based discount systems for ej vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelh34 View Post
    Extra 15% of ALL sale items. Really good if you can use work based discount systems for ej vouchers.
    Not anymore for me. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not anymore for me. Those were the days.
    Me neither ! I am remember getting upto 25% off EJ vouchers.

Craftsman
    Too bad, no international shipping.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelh34 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, that tipped me over the edge for buying...
    Discount with work vouchers too, a blue Railmaster on bracelet on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    I was thinking of one of those too but I was slightly put off by the review on EJ...

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...p_link-reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Same here. Been looking at this for some time. Let's see if it turns up?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I was thinking of one of those too but I was slightly put off by the review on EJ...

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...p_link-reviews
    Those reviews are bizzare, looks like someone who has no clue what a mechanical watch is and expects the watch to magically set the time by itself.

My watch from this sale just arrived.

Clearly a used return, very dissapointed in EJ.

Think i will send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    My watch from this sale just arrived.

Clearly a used return, very dissapointed in EJ.

Think i will send it back.
    So I mentioned my wife got £360 for just asking if it was used - I used that for a hamilton - if the hamilton is used, I'll email asking for a discount 😂

A watch being a return only worries me if there are marks AND the price was not keen enough.

So I mentioned my wife got £360 for just asking if it was used - I used that for a hamilton - if the hamilton is used, I'll email asking for a discount 

A watch being a return only worries me if there are marks AND the price was not keen enough.
    Yes i like your idea, i am going to contact them to put some heat on them lol....

It looks like it has been cleaned with something that has left a residue all over everything, the box had no seal, the stap has signs of wear, the tag was not attatched to the watch etc.....

Master
    So I mentioned my wife got £360 for just asking if it was used - I used that for a hamilton - if the hamilton is used, I'll email asking for a discount 

I forgot to thank you for your suggestion. As I mentioned, my Mudmaster arrived without any tags and fewer stickers than I would expect on a new watch. There were a few bumps and marks on the tin as well but the watch didn’t appear to be used. I was fine with it but following your advice and after exchanging a couple of emails with them, I got a £25 refund! Not quite 10% but can’t complain. The watch was already good value at half price and the absence of tags or bumps on the box didn’t bother me. Even if it was a customer return, I still have full warranty from my purchase date. So thank you 🙏

Not Ernest Jones but £267 for a Satellite Wave? (use code EXTRA20):

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...n+strap+watch/

(Spec here: https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/p...C3039-08E.html)

Not Ernest Jones but £267 for a Satellite Wave? (use code EXTRA20):
    Showing as £389 for me - which is £311.20 with the 20% off.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Showing as £389 for me - which is £311.20 with the 20% off.
    Opps - not sure what happened with my maths - still a good beater at that price for a GPS-set watch.

It’s £311, £267 is the saving.

Master
    Ceramic cased B&R BR03-92 should be winging its way to me early next week. Hard to resist at 35% off!

Opps - not sure what happened with my maths - still a good beater at that price for a GPS-set watch.
    Got to put up with that colour though!

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Too big for me but a decent beater for £191 (use EXTRA20):

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...r+strap+watch/

Sapphire crystal.
    ETA 2824-2 movement (Hacking+winding).
    Exhibition case back.
    100m water res.
    Case size 42/11.1 mm.

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8wA...ture=emb_title

The samurai prices were pretty good. All sold out now though :(

Well the Railmaster arrived today. Definitely ex display I would imagine. Outer box marked, a little grubby and slightly torn on one corner. Of course it would have helped if they had packaged the white outer in another bigger box, to protect it in transit. But hey ho.

Watch itself appears to be unmarked. However there is no case back sticker. No stickers on the clasp and the hang tag is missing. Warranty card serial is correct, as is the date of sale. This is a shame. I very much like this model. Very nearly bought myself one last Christmas, only to pick up a 58 instead.

I shall call their CS tomorrow and see what they say...

Quote Originally Posted by Jovial Joe View Post
    Well the Railmaster arrived today. Definitely ex display I would imagine. Outer box marked, a little grubby and slightly torn on one corner. Of course it would have helped if they had packaged the white outer in another bigger box, to protect it in transit. But hey ho.

Watch itself appears to be unmarked. However there is no case back sticker. No stickers on the clasp and the hang tag is missing. Warranty card serial is correct, as is the date of sale. This is a shame. I very much like this model. Very nearly bought myself one last Christmas, only to pick up a 58 instead.

I shall call their CS tomorrow and see what they say...
    Not sure how much it was but I'd probably return it and buy the one on SC. I imagine the one on SC is less and in the exact same condition.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not sure how much it was but I'd probably return it and buy the one on SC. I imagine the one on SC is less and in the exact same condition.
    Practically the same price. Obviously has the warranty dated from Friday as well. As mentioned, doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the watch. Just mildly irritated by the omission of the tag and the fact that some dipshit couldn't be arsed to pack the thing in a box. Rather than just wrap a plastic bag around the outer and give it to a courier