closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSA Ernest Jones Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jovial Joe View Post
    Practically the same price. Obviously has the warranty dated from Friday as well. As mentioned, doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the watch. Just mildly irritated by the omission of the tag and the fact that some dip**** couldn't be arsed to pack the thing in a box. Rather than just wrap a plastic bag around the outer and give it to a courier
    What a silly slip up at the end. See what their customer services say and what difference they offer you back. Needless.

Spoke to the H Samuel CS that I guess do all the legwork for the Signet Group. Long wait on the phone but when they answered were exceedingly helpful and apologetic.

Asked me whether I would like a partial refund or if there was something else that they could do? I enquired as to the possibility of a new outer and the requisite tag. The very nice chap said that he will investigate and get back to me by Monday next week at the latest.

At no point did he mention returning the watch. I guess they don't want to go down that route.

38mm hamilton hand wind field watch?

£260 you say?

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01183...l-Mens-Watch/p

use code YESSALE20

Master

Copied from the Bell & Ross thread

My BR03-92 ceramic arrived yesterday.....

The additional black rubber strap and the strap changing tools were both missing from the bottom tray, outside of watch box is clearly used and watch has some light marks in the ceramic finish.

I contacted EJ and they explained that all their sales watches are ex display hence some light marks, which I hadn’t seen printed anywhere before I pressed the buy now button.
    I could exchange but the replacement may have worse marks, or take a refund.
    However they are going to try to source the missing parts on Monday, so fingers crossed. but in fairness to EJ they are on the case with it and I’ve had two phone calls this afternoon assuring me it will be resolved, so hopefully all is good. As previous the watch is great. Will update once concluded.

Edited to add that I used their “Live advice” function on their website this morning and asked whether their sales watches are all brand new and was assured that they are, so something is amiss here with some ex demo watches being sold but not being declared by EJ.....
    Last edited by Cat7; 26th July 2020 at 06:16.

I have been given this excuse before and told that because a watch was on sake there were no further discounts because of a scratch etc.

I called head office and asked if this was the case... I was asked to leave my number and that someone would contact me. A half hour later I was called and went in to pick up my watch with an even greater saving from a very friendly and apologetic store manager.

Now I’m not saying this is what’s going on but only suggesting that previously... sales were not in place to shift damaged or slightly worn watches.

Well the Railmaster arrived today. Definitely ex display I would imagine. Outer box marked, a little grubby and slightly torn on one corner. Of course it would have helped if they had packaged the white outer in another bigger box, to protect it in transit. But hey ho.

Watch itself appears to be unmarked. However there is no case back sticker. No stickers on the clasp and the hang tag is missing. Warranty card serial is correct, as is the date of sale. This is a shame. I very much like this model. Very nearly bought myself one last Christmas, only to pick up a 58 instead.

I shall call their CS tomorrow and see what they say...
    Just an update on this. After customer services failed to get back to me. I contacted them again and was subsequently put in touch with the Omega Boutique Manchester. This is where the warranty card was stamped
    Very apologetic and with no prompting they said they would replace the watch and send it to a Ernest Jones store of my choosing. Unfortunately this proved a little more difficult to source than they first anticipated. However, credit where credit's due. I picked up a brand new Railmaster that was delivered to Cribb's on Saturday
    In summation, it was a cracking price (£2635) obviously a return or ex display. Whoever packed it was a doughnut. Ernest Jones CS is pants. The Omega Boutique Manchester are very good. I would probably be wary of buying from a EJ sale again

Just an update on this. After customer services failed to get back to me. I contacted them again and was subsequently put in touch with the Omega Boutique Manchester. This is where the warranty card was stamped
    Very apologetic and with no prompting they said they would replace the watch and send it to a Ernest Jones store of my choosing. Unfortunately this proved a little more difficult to source than they first anticipated. However, credit where credit's due. I picked up a brand new Railmaster that was delivered to Cribb's on Saturday
    In summation, it was a cracking price (£2635) obviously a return or ex display. Whoever packed it was a doughnut. Ernest Jones CS is pants. The Omega Boutique Manchester are very good. I would probably be wary of buying from a EJ sale again
    Good result!

I may have picked it up wrong but the first Railmaster was bought from EJ and the warranty card was stamped by the Omega Boutique in Manchester? Was it pre-owned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Good result!

I may have picked it up wrong but the first Railmaster was bought from EJ and the warranty card was stamped by the Omega Boutique in Manchester? Was it pre-owned?
    I think there is a certain amount of overlap between boutiques and Ernest Jones. For example, the Longines Boutique, Breitling Boutique and Tag Boutique stores in Westfield London are all owned by Ernest Jones. Don't quite know how it works...maybe like a franchise or something.
    Last edited by Christian; 26th August 2020 at 11:14.

The Omega boutique in Westfield Stratford is owned and run by Beaverbrooks. Must be a few different groups running boutiques.

Thanks, that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Good result!

Both operated by the Signet Group in this particular case. Nope was sold as a brand new watch but it was either ex display or a return. As previously mentioned it was a decent deal and really all I was looking for was a brand new outer. Ironically when I picked up the new watch from Cribbs, the sales girl wasn't happy with the condition of the new watch outer and without prompting gave me a replacement for that one after she filled out the new warranty card.
    Happy days

Just read up on it...fairly common for brand boutiques to be owned by Ernest Jones etc...

https://www.watchpro.com/breitling-w...yled-showroom/

But they also own their own...

https://www.watchpro.com/breitling-o...regent-street/

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Just read up on it...fairly common for brand boutiques to be owned by Ernest Jones etc...

https://www.watchpro.com/breitling-w...yled-showroom/

But they also own their own...

https://www.watchpro.com/breitling-o...regent-street/
    A good way to figure out which boutiques give discount.

Quote Originally Posted by teeth man View Post
    A good glashutte original deal here.

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...racelet+watch/
    That’s a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wow! If that isn’t snapped up I don’t know what will!

Craftsman

The webpage indicates you can get an extra 10% off from signing up to their website. Glashutte seem to be the only luxury brand that arent excluded. If you get ernest jones vouchers through work you can combine with that and the watch really does become a bargain. Very tempting!
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 24th September 2020 at 20:54.