closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Glastonbury on TV

Glastonbury on TV

Watched it last nigh and just watching 'The Boss'.

Gutted about the cancelled summer.....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Watching it on and off as well as Spectre.

Just watched the Boss, remember watching it at the Time, he then played hyde Park the next Day , which the full version is on youtube. just hoping he tours next Year

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Yes missing Glastonbury, was due to work there for 10 days, hopefully next year

Rewatching the Metallica headline set as we speak!

Metallica 2014 set, now that was a show!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Metallica 2014 set, now that was a show!
    Was it really 2014?!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Was it really 2014?!
    Shocked me too, doesn’t seem 6 years ago. Seen them live since too

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Rewatching the Metallica headline set as we speak!
    One of my fave's!

Pulp... amazing...and just a stand in for Stone Roses.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post

Oh, was hoping they’d show that! Thanks!

Foo Fighters 2017 were amazing- especially the way Dave Grohl toys with the audience opening with Times like these as a solo in tribute to Florence Welch before inevitably the whole band comes in.

Master

Glastonbury on TV

Disappointed by the boss, don’t get all this live mumbling into mics that’s seems prevalent. Amazed by 2011 Beyoncé, astounding. Adele mixed views. But want to see Beyoncé live if she’s kept that energy, astounded.
    Last edited by Mj2k; 27th June 2020 at 23:20.

Master
    Coldplay? Why?

I just don’t get them at all. Absolute crap
    Last edited by craig1912; 27th June 2020 at 23:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Disappointed by the boss, don’t get all this live mumbling into mics that’s seems prevalent. Amazed by 2011 Beyoncé, astounding. Adele mixed views. But want to see Beyoncé live if she’s kept that energy, astounded.
    Possibly the worst songs Springsteen could perform. Dancing in the Dark is dire.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Foo Fighters 2017 were amazing- especially the way Dave Grohl toys with the audience opening with Times like these as a solo in tribute to Florence Welch before inevitably the whole band comes in.
    I was there to watch the Foo Fighters - it was brilliant! As you say, apart from being a great guitarist, Dave Grohl is fantastic as an entertainer. He created a real buzz with the crowd. I managed to get Glastonbury tickets this year which luckily they are rolling over to 2021.

They do divide opinion but I’m in the ‘like’ camp. They always put on a high energy and colourful show. Music is full of opinions. Lots of posts on this thread about Motorhead who have been banging out unfathomable white noise for decades....IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Coldplay? Why?

Master
    Never thought I would agree about a Beyonce performance, but she and her troupe are entertainers, and they do it really well. Mega high energy performance.

Just shows if you like music you can appreciate everything from the haunting Florence and the machine to poppy Beyoncé

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

What channel is it on - was it a one off or are they doing a series of glastolookbacks?

Master
    I watched the Stones at Glastonbury last night. 2013 set- very good. This was coincidental, and the whole set was on YouTube.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    What channel is it on - was it a one off or are they doing a series of glastolookbacks?
    BBC2 showing previous performances. They are on catch up.

BBC2 showing previous performances. They are on catch up.
    Great thanks

Master
    Been lucky enough to get tickets for all but one for the 20 or so years and gutted not to be there this year. Was supposed to be 5 days at Glastonbury followed by a fortnight in Gram Canaria for r&r.
    There has been some excellent stuff broadcast, though I think a few from the smaller stages would have been good.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    At 9.30 tonight they are showing Bowies performance from 2000. First time the full set has been shown I believe. Already set to record in case I forget!!

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post

That’s my only Glastonbury Festival attendance to date. 25 years ago now!!

Foggy

Just watching Oasis from 1994. Their a bit raw and Bonehead really should have shaved his hair off by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

It's only June...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    At 9.30 tonight they are showing Bowies performance from 2000. First time the full set has been shown I believe. Already set to record in case I forget!!

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    What an amzing night that was, the crowd was absolutely huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Just watching Oasis from 1994. Their a bit raw and Bonehead really should have shaved his hair off by then.

I loved seeing them so young, fresh and raw. Liam's singing style was already set with his top lip firmly jammed up against the mic and fascinating to see them performing songs that would soon go on to be so well known. Their first two albums are special to me.

Looking forward to Bowie, it's not his best performance and the band is a bit too tight and lack a bit of live rawness but I haven't seen the footage before so keen to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I loved seeing them so young, fresh and raw. Liam's singing style was already set with his top lip firmly jammed up against the mic and fascinating to see them performing songs that would soon go on to be so well known. Their first two albums are special to me.

Looking forward to Bowie, it's not his best performance and the band is a bit too tight and lack a bit of live rawness but I haven't seen the footage before so keen to see it.
    I often reminisce about Oasis in the 90’s with my brother. It’s normally starts off with talking about today’s music being so linear and boring. Back then Oasis were new and exciting.
    I’m lucky enough that I’ve seen them a lot from the mid 90’s up to the last time I saw them in 2005 at Man City’s new ground. For me and our kid they were The Beetles and Stones of our time, and being in my 20’s at the time I’m glad I lived through it. Talking to my teenage kids now they just don’t get how big they were.

My only regret was not going to see them at the Warehouse in Derby on a Wednesday night in 1993. £5 to get in and a crowd of no more than a couple of hundred. My excuse at the time was I couldn’t be arsed, what a dick.

I’ve got no end of memorabilia from gigs up in the loft. I’ll have dig it all out.

Master
    I watched the 94 Oasis gig earlier and thought it was great. Quite liked the drummer and Noel’s nonchalance. I only ever saw them once and that was on my year abroad as a student in Milan 95. Great gig at a small venue. Good we are able to see some of this Glastonbury stuff.

Shamelessly enjoying it,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Never enjoyed the oasis or blur music, or the support for either. Will be alone on the view but who cares, they were both crap IMHO.

Never realised how much I’d enjoy watching old repeats though.

Given some of my neighbours haven’t cut their grass in months, I’m worried how long their bunting will remain out for...

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Shamelessly enjoying it,
    Me too mate.

Just watching the legend that is BB King.

Master
    Absolutely loving the Bowie concert, every bit as good as i remember it, such happy memories.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Absolutely loving the Bowie concert, every bit as good as i remember it, such happy memories.
    Haven’t seen this before and it was better than I expected, great concert. Watched Beyoncé last night too which was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    It's only June...
    Yes, but everything's still cancelled for the summer - Festivals, Gigs, Olympics, Euro2020, Wimbledon...

Enjoying Bowie's set though.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    It's only June...
    Everything has been cancelled, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Wasn’t it great

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Wasn’t it great
    Yes! Blooming fantastic. Seems soooo long ago now. I’m old, he’s dead, the world is weird. God, I love music. Almost all of it.

Grand Master
    Never been a fan of Glastonbury, but the Bowie set from 2000 was brilliant, really enjoyed that.

being in my 20’s at the time I’m glad I lived through it. Talking to my teenage kids now they just don’t get how big they were.
    Books, Film, Music, Art etc. that you’re exposed to in your younger, formative years generally carry greater weight of influence & staying power, in my opinion.

I saw Oasis first in their very next gig after Knebworth, in Cork. Missed my GCSE results to travel. Support from The Prodigy, not long after ‘Firestarter’ was released. Quite extraordinary.

I think it’s hard for people not around at the time to understand how big Oasis were in the mid-90’s. Love or loathe them, they had a tremendous cultural currency back then. Rarely out of the papers & the Blur chart battle an item on the 9 o’clock news. Mike Flowers Pops reaching No.2 in the UK charts with his cover of ‘Wonderwall’ a mere two months after the original reached No.2 also. A journalist’s recording of Liam & Noel arguing reaching No.52 in the Charts as ‘Wibbling Rivalry’. And that was in the days when you had to physically leave the house to buy a CD in Woolworths or whatever for a few quid, not just buy on your phone for £0.99, or stream. Unbelievable. Of course, a huge part of that was the much narrower, less fragmented media back then.

I also thought the Bowie gig was fantastic. Great band.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Haven’t seen this before and it was better than I expected, great concert. Watched Beyoncé last night too which was outstanding.
    Got Bowie for tonight.

Beyoncé was my big ‘wow’ moment, what a show & loved it all. Confused by all the digital cameras not phones & realised it was all the way back in 2011, which explains a lot.

One thing I don’t get, and wasn’t like it when I went 24 years ago (unless I’ve forgotten) was all the bloody flag waving going on. What’s the point?

I still get annoyed with people sitting on shoulders though. Poor buggers behind!

I often reminisce about Oasis in the 90’s with my brother. It’s normally starts off with talking about today’s music being so linear and boring. Back then Oasis were new and exciting.
    I’m lucky enough that I’ve seen them a lot from the mid 90’s up to the last time I saw them in 2005 at Man City’s new ground. For me and our kid they were The Beetles and Stones of our time, and being in my 20’s at the time I’m glad I lived through it. Talking to my teenage kids now they just don’t get how big they were.

My only regret was not going to see them at the Warehouse in Derby on a Wednesday night in 1993. £5 to get in and a crowd of no more than a couple of hundred. My excuse at the time was I couldn’t be arsed, what a dick.

I’ve got no end of memorabilia from gigs up in the loft. I’ll have dig it all out.

Good times! It sounds like they hit a note with you as they did with me, they were huge in Australia in the mid-'90s.

Would be great to see some photos of your memorabilia when you get time. Some of that stuff may surprise you with its value so it's worth treasuring.

Master
    I watched a bit of Ed Sheran last night. One man & a guitar gets rather boring after a couple of songs even with a pedalboard full of tricks. It only perked up when the Irish band trooped on for one song.

The Legends spot was good. Tony Bennet(?) couldn't believe how the crowd were singing back to him & the crowd loved Tom Jones & Delilah.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Coldplay? Why?

I would have to agree with you.