closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster - Realistic Discount?

Omega Seamaster - Realistic Discount?

I haven't bought an Omega for a few years and I'm aware the market has shifted. Would anyone mind sharing what discount they've been offered recently?

I'm after either the black dial on bracelet or the white dial on rubber if that makes a difference.

Last one I bought in December was with a 17% discount from Goldsmiths...

They offered 10% straight away, but it took a fair bit of haggling and showing chrono24 prices to get them to 17%...

Master
    [QUOTE=wileeeeeey;5461051]I haven't bought an Omega for a few years and I'm aware the market has shifted. Would anyone mind sharing what discount they've been offered recently?

I'm after either the black dial on bracelet or the white dial on rubber if that makes a difference.

Hacketts have a Grey dial on rubber for £3195.
    They’ve had a few at similar prices in recent months. It might be worth contacting them.

[/https://www.hackettwatches.com/

Master
    Put a WTB on here with a realistic price and Im sure you would get one .

If you don't mind having the warranty of a top internet retailer, jomashop.com sells new Seamasters for generally 20-30% off.

Thanks guys. Someone has messaged me with an AD who will do it for 20% off. Not the 33% I got off a Speedmaster in 2015 but still pretty good. Seems to be some debate on the rubber strap/buckle combo being £220 or £550 depending on who you ask so would need to factor that in too.

Craftsman
    As someone looking to pick up a Planet Ocean fairly soon, I'm curious to hear how generous ADs' COVID discounting will be. Please let us know how you get on.

The white with black rubber is ~ £3,234 at jomashop.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    The white with black rubber is ~ £3,234 at jomashop.
    £3,128 at a friendly AD with 20% off. Need to figure out the true rubber strap cost as if it's £200 I would buy in bracelet and get the rubber separately and if it's £550 I would ignore the bracelet completely. Would never wear the bracelet with the white dial, but would prefer both due to resale. I have thighs for wrists and some people online have said the rubber comes in different lengths.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    £3,128 at a friendly AD with 20% off. Need to figure out the true rubber strap cost as if it's £200 I would buy in bracelet and get the rubber separately and if it's £550 I would ignore the bracelet completely. Would never wear the bracelet with the white dial, but would prefer both due to resale. I have thighs for wrists and some people online have said the rubber comes in different lengths.
    The rubber strap/buckle is £240 from Omega dealers but can be a few months before they get them in stock.

A few genuine ones have appeared on ebay but still in the £180/200 price range.

Part numbers...

Buckle: STZ010129

Strap: CVZ010127
    Last edited by mjc1216; 28th June 2020 at 10:54. Reason: Update

Journeyman
    Hi,

I’m also wanting a Seamaster on bracelet. Just a thought - but if there’s a few people wanting to purchase various Omega items could we arrange a deal with an AD? A higher discount based on XX purchases.

Just an idea that popped into my head, hope I’ve not broken any rules by suggesting it!

Mike
    Last edited by Mikelancs; 28th June 2020 at 11:21. Reason: Typo

Craftsman
    Funnily enough I was looking at these two on Friday

I keep coming back to the planet ocean , I'm after the one with the orange touches on the bezel and numbers

But that white Seamaster is lovely

Craftsman
    Took a good look at the rubber strap on Friday and its really decent quality with a metal reinforced fixed keeper, its probably worth £200 to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    The rubber strap/buckle is £240 from Omega dealers but can be a few months before they get them in stock.

Part numbers...

Thanks for that. Certainly not the £550 someone on here was quoted from Goldsmiths. The sales assistant was probably looking at the wrong strap or even a bracelet. I would rather buy the strap from an AD or OB but if it's a few weeks I'd probably try buy on the strap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    I keep coming back to the planet ocean , I'm after the one with the orange touches on the bezel and numbers

But that white Seamaster is lovely
    I think the SM is more compelling than the PO right now but things will change when it's updated. I'm not that keen on the white SM with bracelet but on the rubber think it looks totally different. The titanium PO is a different proposition entirely and still has just about a touch of orange on the seconds hand.
    Took a good look at the rubber strap on Friday and its really decent quality with a metal reinforced fixed keeper, its probably worth £200 to be honest
    I was watching some videos on it yesterday. It's £7-£27 more expensive than an Everest strap and looks at least twice the quality. The first keeper is titanium covered in rubber and is fixed, the second has a special shape on the underside to clip into the last hole on the strap so it doesn't stray. A lot of attention to detail.

Master
    I looked into getting the blue face in rubber strap in the Caribbean and I think even with their discounts it wasn’t much cheaper than 20% off here so if you can get that from a U.K. AD that’s pretty good.

Must say though that the white dial on bracelet is growing on me more and more.

I wouldn't bother with the bracelet with the Seamaster - the clasp is so big, it just looks comical and likely a magnet for knocks and dings. Nato and bracelet very much the way to go IMO.

Master

I bought mine on the bracelet but immediately went on a search for a Rubber strap- Tried the Zealande, quality of the rubber was good, clasp also good but fitment not up to scratch. The price of the OEM is definitely 240 with a four week wait, strap is available straight away it’s the clasp that causes the delay. I was lucky and picked up one for E150 on the bay.

Even at £240 still worth the money, so comfy and really suits the watch, metal strap is good, just looks a bit dated.

Banned
    Thanks guys. Someone has messaged me with an AD who will do it for 20% off. Not the 33% I got off a Speedmaster in 2015 but still pretty good. Seems to be some debate on the rubber strap/buckle combo being £220 or £550 depending on who you ask so would need to factor that in too.
    You could get a speedmaster with 33% off back then??? wow - I thought I was doing good at 25% from the Omega boutique...

Craftsman
    Any chance someone could pm me the details for the friendly Omega AD as I might be in the market for a Planet Ocean

Many thanks

Journeyman
    I would also like the details please, I'm after a Speedy FOIS.

Regards,
    Dan

I'm in the market for a new Seamaster come August.

I have been looking at the white dial Seamaster on Hackett's website. Has anyone any experience of their customer service and delivery timescale?

Thanks.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Craftsman
    Popped into Goldsmiths in Southampton today to look/buy a Planet Ocean ,best they would do is 12% discount.

Hoping to do better than that, any suggestions ?

Popped into Goldsmiths in Southampton today to look/buy a Planet Ocean ,best they would do is 12% discount.

Hoping to do better than that, any suggestions ?
    What model were you looking for?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    What model were you looking for?

Like this but on bracelet

Craftsman
    I haven't bought an Omega for a few years and I'm aware the market has shifted. Would anyone mind sharing what discount they've been offered recently?

Talk to Dominic at Hackett Watches. I asked the same question this week. He’ll sort you out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Talk to Dominic at Hackett Watches. I asked the same question this week. He’ll sort you out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

How did you contact him . I did the enquiry through his website last week but no reply

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    He has a very good rep. I'll see what I can source via a WTB first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post

I bought mine on the bracelet but immediately went on a search for a Rubber strap- Tried the Zealande, quality of the rubber was good, clasp also good but fitment not up to scratch. The price of the OEM is definitely 240 with a four week wait, strap is available straight away it’s the clasp that causes the delay. I was lucky and picked up one for E150 on the bay.

Even at £240 still worth the money, so comfy and really suits the watch, metal strap is good, just looks a bit dated.
    That looks a good looking SM. I think the only one I would consider compared to the blue.

Martyn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    That looks a good looking SM. I think the only one I would consider compared to the blue.

Martyn
    I had looked at the other colour options and they just didn’t do anything for me, don’t get me wrong I’ve had many Seamasters over the years and loved them. IMO though the new model white dialled version is just perfect, to coin a phrase ‘pictures don’t do it justice’ is really apt, just stunning in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I missed this. I found an old picture today from when I tried the black on rubber. This was either before the white was out or I didn't know the white existed. Like you I don't think the white on the bracelet looks that good but on rubber the contrast really works.

I think the black on bracelet is probably the sensible option and a better all-rounder but the white looks to wear slightly bigger and really gives something different in a sea of black divers. If only I'd taken a picture of the rubber so I'd be able to see if the strap was too on the last hole or two for my fat wrists!

I think it's WTB/AD time.

Master

Part numbers...

Just a quick update as i have ordered a strap/buckle.

I have been quoted £230 for both and they are in stock with Omega(ordered via my local Omega dealer) and should be with me in the next 7 days.

Just a quick update as i have ordered a strap/buckle.

I have been quoted £230 for both and they are in stock with Omega(ordered via my local Omega dealer) and should be with me in the next 7 days.
    Thank you, very helpful. I think the Omega might have to go on hold for now as the stamp duty holiday has given us some extra motivation but it's still very much on the wish.