closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any pub / club bosses not opening next Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Weird one isn't it. And age has nothing to do with it. I know people in their 40's barely leaving the house, and still disinfecting parcels and food deliveries. Then I've 93 year old grandparents that think everyone's gone potty and who go out almost every day.

Personally, having friends who've tested positive and are fine I'm in the unconcerned group. Not that I'm oblivious, or think nothing ever happened – I just accept that life brings risks.

I'm of the opinion that the UK's approach to dealing with the virus will ultimately cause more harm to the population's long term health than the virus itself, through poverty, bankruptcy, mental health, lack of education, lack of regular exercise, missed and cancelled medical procedures, and so on.

So when the pubs open, I'll be joining some friends for a pint. Because if we don't the pubs won't be in business when the rest of the nation wants to go for a Christmas drink.

Cheers.
    It's partly a location thing for me - working from home until at least September - I am not inclined to travel an hour to get into a city (and given I have no car have no way to get there). I'm not inclined to go to the pubs because it all looks pretty grim to me.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I can't see me being back in my local until either there's an effective vaccine or the virus is eradicated. Take Sunday for example. The domino handicap (15-20 people) rolling over a couple of hours, the bar literally covered in food that the locals cook and bring in, people shoulder to shoulder. It's impossible. The quiet times too. Sigh . . .

Is that the Victoria in Durham?
    Last edited by Tony; 29th June 2020 at 18:52.

My (very) local opens on Saturday, had a word with pub manager and I’m very worried about not seeming to have any idea on what to do.

The owner (never seen him) has given no guidance. Really want to support the pub and her but its not easy... might go suss it out on Friday to see what’s been done but not expecting much :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Is that the Victoria in Durham?

Yes.
    F.T.F.A.

Yes.
    That is a lovely Pub, if i remember it has 3 bars and a classic old Silver Till behind the bar ?, we went 4 years ago for couple of days to see the cathedral
    really enjoyed the Town and the pubs , the other one is on the way out of the centre up a steep hill ....?

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    That is a lovely Pub, if i remember it has 3 bars and a classic old Silver Till behind the bar ?, we went 4 years ago for couple of days to see the cathedral
    really enjoyed the Town and the pubs , the other one is on the way out of the centre up a steep hill ....?
    More of a brassy gold. Up a steep hill sounds like either the Garden House or the Woodman

Sigh . . .
    F.T.F.A.

More of a brassy gold. Up a steep hill sounds like either the Garden House or the Woodman

Sigh . . .
    What a great shot , as you walked up the hill i seem to remember the road split and the pub was on the left hand side ?
    a Pub further on which the barmaid ( a real character ) told us was ok and it was, is/was a Sam Smiths Pub ?

Here another gratuitous Vic Pic. Featuring the excellent Sunday spread. Lovely pub.

Here another gratuitous Vic Pic. Featuring the excellent Sunday spread. Lovely pub.
    Ahh Brilliant Tony , yes classic Pub and very welcoming even for a Southerner...

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    What a great shot , as you walked up the hill i seem to remember the road split and the pub was on the left hand side ?
    a Pub further on which the barmaid ( a real character ) told us was ok and it was, is/was a Sam Smiths Pub ?

That's the Old Elm Tree. Sounds like you walked up Crossgate to get there, then forked to the right along Allergate, which would indeed put the Colpitts on your left. Great pint of Smith's Old Brewery bitter, still about £2.10/20 a pint. The Colpitts and the Vic are the best two pubs in town, albeit each on opposite edges of the city. Mind you it's a small city!
    Last edited by magirus; 30th June 2020 at 20:36.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'd be quite surprised if the Pitsmoor was your local

As for us, our local will be open and as far as I can make out it'll be very busy - I won't be there, It'll take more than our PM to convince me that with a bit of common sense 'all will be well'.
    I packed in boozing decades ago!!

When I was sixteen, I used to clean the windows at the Pitsmoor, Also at the Pitsmoor WMC!!

John

Sigh . . .
    Last edited by magirus; 6th July 2020 at 15:27.
    F.T.F.A.

I'll bet someone on here has been in this pub!, When the vid first appeared it was identified quite quickly, Can't recall where it was though, Maybe somewhere in Donny!

John..