closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tudor 30 June and price rise 1 July

Glad they went for the blue dial, looks to be matt finish as well.

If they had the imagination to go with square plots and no white gold surround this would be a must have, as it is I will likely go with a Seiko 62Mas SPB147 instead

already have a 58, think I'd liquidate the rest of my collection for that.

New Tudor 30 June and price rise 1 July

Looks really tasty... was the right decision to drop the gilt for the blue one, differentiates them nicely.

ETA: Just want them to do a 39mm Bronze now, I’m ‘bored’ of steel...
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 28th June 2020 at 23:07.

Master
    I like that. Having owned and sold the BB blue ETA I would be in the market for this. Just couldnt get on with the thickness so this would work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same picture but not cropped. Can't help but think a nice BB58 without the gilt would have been better. Swing and a miss imo.

Master
    It appears Jenni’s video has been pulled. ☹️

She was looking particularly radiant too! 😍

Dave

It’s a no from me. Maybe a biased BB58 owner, but feel the BB range suit vintage styling, with Pelagos the modern offering which I feel this blue falls into. I’m sure it will SSL’s like hot cakes, wonder if it will now be the BBB58?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Love and own (or have owned) most Tudors. Am really confused why I’m not excited by this at all. Size perfect. Blue — favourite colour. Brand - my favourite brand.

Very puzzled. Just can’t put my finger on it.

Maybe the white plots on steel give it a no nonsense business attire look, but once the dial is made blue it makes the watch more fun/frivolous and maybe it needed a more vintage aesthetic. Dunno. Maybe I’ll come round to it. I’m sure it’s a good looking watch and will sell like hot cakes but at the moment I’m on the fence and not certain why.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Same picture but not cropped. Can't help but think a nice BB58 without the gilt would have been better. Swing and a miss imo.
    It's a bit....boring(?) and after the BB58, feels a bit unimaginative. We've discussed the 62MAS a fair bit, and given the prices involved (€3500) I think I'd go with the Seiko.

Master
    I like it. No other bb has a blue dial and if you love the bb range but want something more moderns and crisp this is the only one that might fit a lot of folk with smaller wrists. The GMT, BBB and now this open up the range to appeal to more modern tastes.

It’s a bit boring IMO. A BB58 but with all the charm taken out.

I would need to see it in person but think it would have looked far nicer with a black dial for some contrast.

Have registered my interested for one so will make a decision once in stock.

Master
    The blue does look slightly dull in the picture. Let's see what they are like in the metal. I am still considering going for one as a contrast in my collection!

Still the details are a little unclear, because we are yet to see a properly lit, full face-on photo.
    But it would seem from that (and other) photos that the finalised details are silver dial print, and white lume.

This is surely what people have clamoured for? It is true to the original (there was never any other colour on a blue Tudor sub, no gilt, no red bits, just blue).
    So I am quite surprised by the "boring" or "unimaginative" comments.
    It is clearly supposed to be restrained and simple, competent and stylish.
    If it inherits the BB 58 size, then at 39mm diameter and 11.something mm thick, it is the perfect sub size.
    It is a purists dream.
    No date
    No Fauxtina
    A simple 3 hander with an inhouse movement, long power reserve and a long heritage to back it up.
    Us purists want boring.
    But when we get it, we think it is boring.

But I too find it s bit meh. Why?
    I think it is because the BB design is a little flawed.
    When the BB and the Pelagos were launched, I was all over the Pelagos, and quite dismissive of the BB, mostly because I thought it was a stylised Melange of heritage wierdness.
    Snowflake hands with round indices? Surely not. If you put snowflake hands on a 79090 it would look wrong, and so did the BB to me.
    So I bought a Pelagos.
    But I had to eventually agree the BB had a certain charm, and we have carried on with a whole plethora of BB models, with different sizes, chronographs, GMT, plain bezels, bronze, other colourways etc etc. I bought one of those too, the GMT.
    Now the BB has tried to get back to its roots, strips away the red bits, the other colours and so forth, and we have run into the same problem we had at the start.
    It needs square indices.
    I think that is why I find this less attractive than I should.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    It's a bit....boring(?) and after the BB58, feels a bit unimaginative. We've discussed the 62MAS a fair bit, and given the prices involved (€3500) I think I'd go with the Seiko.
    You would think their one release for the entire year would be a bit more exciting than that, definitely. If I worked in an AD I would be showing that against a Seamaster 300 every day of the week - the two would be on the tray together wether the person had asked or not. After discount there's not much in it. For a WIS the 62MAS is probably the better watch but the SPB143 would weigh heavy on my mind while buying an SLA017.

Master
    I called my AD earlier who told me they have no more to allocate and they believe it is a limited edition piece only! Hmmm....

I found with my black bay 41 it is considerably nicer in person than in photos.

I wouldn't judge it without seeing it in my hands.

Master

New Tudor 30 June and price rise 1 July

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Still the details are a little unclear, because we are yet to see a properly lit, full face-on photo.
    But it would seem from that (and other) photos that the finalised details are silver dial print, and white lume.

This is surely what people have clamoured for? It is true to the original (there was never any other colour on a blue Tudor sub, no gilt, no red bits, just blue).
    So I am quite surprised by the "boring" or "unimaginative" comments.
    It is clearly supposed to be restrained and simple, competent and stylish.
    If it inherits the BB 58 size, then at 39mm diameter and 11.something mm thick, it is the perfect sub size.
    It is a purists dream.
    No date
    No Fauxtina
    A simple 3 hander with an inhouse movement, long power reserve and a long heritage to back it up.
    Us purists want boring.
    But when we get it, we think it is boring.

But I too find it s bit meh. Why?
    I think it is because the BB design is a little flawed.
    When the BB and the Pelagos were launched, I was all over the Pelagos, and quite dismissive of the BB, mostly because I thought it was a stylised Melange of heritage wierdness.
    Snowflake hands with round indices? Surely not. If you put snowflake hands on a 79090 it would look wrong, and so did the BB to me.
    So I bought a Pelagos.
    But I had to eventually agree the BB had a certain charm, and we have carried on with a whole plethora of BB models, with different sizes, chronographs, GMT, plain bezels, bronze, other colourways etc etc. I bought one of those too, the GMT.
    Now the BB has tried to get back to its roots, strips away the red bits, the other colours and so forth, and we have run into the same problem we had at the start.
    It needs square indices.
    I think that is why I find this less attractive than I should.

Dave
    If it had square plots, it would just be a snowflake reissue but without the crown guards, that would be annoying for me as it’s only one step from a reissue. Unfortunately I don’t see Tudor ever reissuing the snowflake sub properly as i think they would see it as stepping on the sub toes.

Master
    I think it’s going to look great in the metal. All blue, yes!

Master
    Blog Entries
    There is a photo of it on Tudor’s Instagram feed.

Black dial, no gilt, blue bezel.

Looks ok but I prefer the original 58

Edits. And a blue crown tube.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    There is a photo of it on Tudor’s Instagram feed.

Black dial, no gilt, blue bezel.

Looks ok but I prefer the original 58

Edits. And a blue crown tube.
    Sure that is not a pic of the 41mm version?

It's the 41. The actual model has been posted about 18 replies up.

BB58 date and I’m done

Craftsman
    Take my money, liver, wife......I don’t care!

Craftsman
    Another Instagram find

Quote Originally Posted by Dakuan View Post
    I got a call about a regular BB58 being available this morning, judging the callers reaction, I wasn't the first or second person to say that they'd prefer to hold on for a blue one.
    Which dealer please? I’m after a regular BB58.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Lostgear View Post
    Take my money, liver, wife......I don’t care!

Now that does look great! Different enough from the Pelagos and BB58.

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Another Instagram find

Slightly better real life pics.

Be interesting to see any new other announcements from Tudor (& if reports Rolex are looking to slim line the Sub).

I'm also waiting to see what Nomos & Omega (speedy pro) release this year.

Master
    Looks like prices for this new model may be identical to the current BB58 RRP from what I've seen.

EDIT: spoke with an AD earlier and they'd not been informed of a new model, but were quite interested to hear about the rumours as they have a Zoom meeting with Tudor scheduled tomorrow.

Also, found this after a little digging online. Note the mention of gilt markers, hands, etc..

Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight Strap Watch M79030B-0002. With this new addition to the Black Bay family,TUDOR pays tribute to the brand's first divers' watches with a model whose dimensions evoke that of the epoch. This model features a 39mm stainless steel case with brushed steel bezel insert and unidirectional rotating bezel. Fitted with Tudors own manufacture Calibre MT5402 selfwinding mechanical movement with a power reserve of 70 hours. This model features a blue dial with iconic Tudor snowflake hands and logo at 12 o'clock. The Black Bay Fifty-Eight is adorned with gold finishing touches applied to the hour markers, hands and minute track of the blue and steel bezel. This model is suitable for divers with a water resistancy of 200m. This model is presented on a brown leather strap with folding clasp fastening. All Tudor watches purchased after the 1st Jan 2020 come complete with a 5 year manufacturers guarantee. Presented in branded Tudor packaging.

Case Material: Stainless Steel
    Last edited by gcleminson; 30th June 2020 at 11:28.

Craftsman
    https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...3jR6uH9jY_3FTk

In store only now, but some pretty significant discounting here. Unusual for Tudor.

Here is a shot of the new blue BB 58, the blue looks much richer and I am hoping this is an accurate rendition.

Lume plots look slightly creamy as well? or maybe just the lighting.

Master
    Looks good in the last couple of pics on this thread.

I have been told it is a limited edition with very few allocations for the moment. Anybody else hearing this?

I would take that with a pinch of salt, my AD (Goldsmiths) says it is a new mainstream model. It may well be hard to get hold of for a while though, like the original 58.

I have my order in now, calling in Wednesday to check the situation once the AD's have had their briefing from Tudor.

Wonder what the cloth strap with it will be... The 58 Black was different from the regular Black; maybe blue with a white centre stripe?

Apprentice
    I want 1 but I just bought bb58 in feb 2020!

Master
    I love it. Always liked the Rolex smurf and this is awesome.

Gotta say I'm underwhelmed by it. It's a nice watch, but all the warmth and charm that made the original such a stand out watch for me have been stripped away. It now looks far more generic. It's nice, but nothing special. I think a blue bezel with black dial would have been nicer. Or at least a richer blue, like the Pelagos.

Looking forward to see some wrist shots though

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I love it. Always liked the Rolex smurf and this is awesome.
    Does this make a release of speculated blue steel Rolex sub less likely as Tudor would be stealing Rolex thunder by releasing a new hot blue diver first?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I still think it's a bit boring, but looks much better in that video.

Clearly this will be a big seller for Tudor, but it’s the GMT I really want in the 58 case. Issues with the movement I know, but that would be the Black Bay to rule them all

Journeyman
    I find the sobriety of the watch actually appeals to me. I think its po-faced look makes it a good formal desk diver for work and, let's face it, this is what many potential customers in the market will be using it for. If it had a date window I would probably buy it for this purpose.

I don't know why people feel it also needs to be 'fun' when the original BB58 with the warm gilt features will also still be available.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    "yay or nay" in the caption.

If you have to ask it probably isn't a yay...

Master
    Blog Entries
    How long before someone fits the blue bezel to the original 58?

The one thing I am sure about is that it is just about the right blue, the Pelagos blue was totally unrelated to any Tudor blue that ever went before, and was all wrong fo me as a result.
    This blue was predictable, it is almost identical to the BB41mm blue.
    And this needs a nice sophisticated dark blue, not a loud shouty one.

From Adrian at barkandjack Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The one thing I am sure about is that it is just about the right blue, the Pelagos blue was totally unrelated to any Tudor blue that ever went before, and was all wrong fo me as a result.
    This blue was predictable, it is almost identical to the BB41mm blue.
    And this needs a nice sophisticated dark blue, not a loud shouty one.
    Good point.