closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The new Holy Trinity?

The new Holy Trinity?

Hopefully this will be a fun thread for a Sunday

According to this article there's a new holy trinity on the scene. Okay maybe not in high horology terms but these brands deserve respect for delivering real value at their price points:

https://gearpatrol.com/2020/04/20/gr...20and%20Tudor.

I currently have a Grand Seiko, a Nomos and a Zenith that I believe to be excellent quality and very good value.

Does anyone on here possess three watches from the new holy Trinity?

I think we all have our own interpretation of what represents a holy trinity to us and none those three brands would appear in mine. The GS is the best of that bunch for me.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. I have a Nomos and Tudor and sold a GS recently. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were my 'holdy trinity' but I did buy them due to the in-house movements and value (and for the asthertics of course). I don't think I'd buy another of any brand though. Don't particularly like any other Tudors enough, one Nomos is enough and as much as I respect GS I can't get on with the shiny scratch magnet cases.

Master
    Very open to interpretation for a new holy trinity and neither Tudor nor Nomos would feature in mine.

I've heard Gary talk about this on a Hodinkee podcast and I don't really understand. The concept of 'Holy Trinity' was around the excellence of watchmaking, using the term for value is a bit odd.

Besides, talking about 'value' - why limit to 3? Even then, not sure the 3 of them would make my top 3. All of them are guilty of raising prices and not being as good 'value' as they used to be.

I have watches from Nomos, GS and Tudor, but have never given any thought as to whether they are regarded as a “value holy trinity”.

Well they are all great brands and excellent value. I’m not sure any of them are aspirational, which is what might be expected of such a trinity.

GS, lots of excellence in the details, hands dials, cases, spring drive, but as a whole package and design none really do it for me.

First Tudor I would actually buy is the new BB58 Blue, although as I have a Sub I’m not sure where that would fit. I would have a Nomos if I didn’t have my B&R Geneva

Fine watches though, you can certainly pay more and get less.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own 2 modern Tudors and one vintage one
    I have never seen a Nomos that I like the look of enough to consider buying.
    And I really respect GS, but they seem to vlad up every desgin I see with a detail that I don't like

So I see no trinity here. Holy or Diabolic.
    Just an artificial construct to tie together 3 otherwise very disparate brands
    Dave

Seems more of a ‘bang for buck’ trinity than holy trinity.

Craftsman
    I have a GS Snowflake and a NOMOS Orion 380. Funnily enough I was considering selling the 380 to put towards a BB58.

Not sure I'd call them a holy trinity, although you could argue that NOMOS is where the interesting design is happening and GS is where the interesting horology is happening. I'm not sure either of those things are true for Tudor though, but I'd probably add Citizen as a third for their HAQ and eco-drive watches.

The new Holy Trinity?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    I have a GS Snowflake and a NOMOS Orion 380. Funnily enough I was considering selling the 380 to put towards a BB58.

Not sure I'd call them a holy trinity, although you could argue that NOMOS is where the interesting design is happening and GS is where the interesting horology is happening. I'm not sure either of those things are true for Tudor though, but I'd probably add Citizen as a third for their HAQ and eco-drive watches.

Maybe a slight re-wording to a Holy Trilogy.

Linked by the value proposition over the “Holy Trinity” also liked by the comments made by @Lusty
    With Tudor take the mantle for the marketing and relaunch of an almost dead brand. No one has done it better.