closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lockdown rotation

Craftsman

Lockdown rotation

Prior to lockdown I used to switch watches every couple of weeks or so. For the first month of lockdown I barely wore a watch.

However I now have 4 watches on my desk and I rotate all the time...... during a boring conference call I may even rotate through all 4 of of them!!

How has lockdown effected how often you rotate your watches?

Master
    In my case fairly extremely: no rotation at all and they're all sat in a drawer, since I don't wear watches at home and when I go to fetch one for the occasional constitutional it's stopped.

Craftsman
    I'm in the first camp, swapping watches every day and sometime two or three in a day......... :)

Master
    I’ve carried on rotating them every 2-weeks, although must say I’m leaning towards wearing day-dates, or at least dates - as I’m finding it hard to remember what day of the week it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apart from 2 occasions when i wore a watch for just a hour or two, today is the first time i`ve worn a watch for the last three months.
    I received the dreaded `return to work` email a few days ago after being on furlough, so i suppose i`m subconciously preparing for `normality` again and the wearing of a watch is part of that process.
    I chose a Panerai Luminor Marina.

Grand Master
    I’ve worn almost all my collection over the past 12 weeks and serviced a few. I’ve got too many but I can’t see myself parting with any at the moment.

On the one hand I find it quite uplifting to dig out a nice watch to wear for a couple of days, but the downside is it reminds me there’s nowhere to get dressed up and go to, so wearing a classy vintage gold watch seems a bit pointless. Next step down that oath is to question the whole point of owning these things, fortunately that state of mind (usually) passes quickly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve worked throughout so not really. Although I’m working longer hours so wearing the work watch more!

I’ve continued my usual rotation pretty much unchanged. Picked up one watch during quarantine and it’s taken a bit extra wrist time due to the usual honeymoon phase effect.

Before the lockdown, when I was in the office every day, it was the same watch every weekday, with an occasional change in the evening if I was going out or something, and then another over the weekend.

Now, I'm continually rotating through all my watches, usually changing every couple of days.
    Last edited by DMC102; 28th June 2020 at 00:17.

I am certainly rotating more, every couple of days and rotating straps more.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    I'm in the first camp, swapping watches every day and sometime two or three in a day......... :)
    Same here, everytime I go upstairs the wife says 'changed your watch?' when I come down again. and she's usually right.

Craftsman
    With the exception of a g shock the few times I've done a sporting activity I haven't worn a watch at all. I've worked from home the entire time and just haven't felt the need.

Master
    Yep, took my watch off at time of lockdown. Trying to get back into wearing one, but given I don't usually wear at home my collection is feeling redundant...although bought a watch two weeks ago!

I am trying to adapt to wearing a watch every day even if at home all day.

I'm really only wearing two. Either the Speedy, which doesn't require wearing to wind, or the GW-5000 so I know what day of the week it is.

I will confess to getting my Explorer out from time to time to wear for a couple of days, but apart from that any rotation has gone to pot.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Only got a few at home as can't easily get to the safe deposit, but yep I rotate regularly and sometimes have them lined up on my desk.