closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Summer hols ,do we write off this year

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Seems a bit odd to me that people who have been on (paid) holiday for nearly 3 months are desperate to exercise their inalienable right to have a foreign vacation.
    Just throwing it out there.
    Try owning and running a business through this and worrying about surviving and the workers' jobs - nothing could be further from the truth than a "paid holiday" for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Simon Calder who is the BBCs resident holiday expert stated a few days ago that aircraft travel was very safe. I accept that it was something of an open statement, he has often said breaching the 2m safe distance is dangerous but if you are "safe" sitting next to a total stranger in an aircraft then there must be something to back that up.

So far none of us know nothing.
    I agree with Simon Calder on this point…. But, this is the same Simon Calder who back in March appeared on BBC breakfast as stated that the British Public should fill their boots with cheap holiday deals as the chances of anything going wrong/ catching it were ‘ Infinitesimally small’. - whoops 😬!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Could you forward my contact details to them please Ralph? ;-)
    I could put in a word for you Bob.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    We've decided to book train tickets to Scotland in early September. The intention is to spend a couple of days in Edinburgh and go out to the highlands the rest of the week.

Fingers crossed no lockdown around that time.

Interestingly most weekend train tickets to Edinburgh in August have been booked up.
    I’ve just come back from Edinburgh, albeit for work, and it was very quiet . At times Princes St was almost deserted.
    Although the apartment prices seem steady, hotel prices were very reasonable.
    I booked 3 rooms at the Rose St Travelodge for £26 per night per room which was a great price .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Try owning and running a business through this and worrying about surviving and the workers' jobs - nothing could be further from the truth than a "paid holiday" for me.

I went to the barber after the lockdown period and all he did was telling me how bad things were: no income, still having to pay the utilities and wages for the employees. I felt sorry for him. This week I wanted to have another haircut... He's on vacation until Aug 11th. When things are really bad, you try to earn every penny available, I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I went to the barber after the lockdown period and all he did was telling me how bad things were: no income, still having to pay the utilities and wages for the employees. I felt sorry for him. This week I wanted to have another haircut... He's on vacation until Aug 11th. When things are really bad, you try to earn every penny available, I would guess.
    When the going gets tough - the tough go on holiday...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I could put in a word for you Bob.

R
    Ooh, I'm not into yachts or whatever they're called but second dibs on that please

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Seems a bit odd to me that people who have been on (paid) holiday for nearly 3 months are desperate to exercise their inalienable right to have a foreign vacation.
    Just throwing it out there.
    And you know for a fact that all the people wanting a foreign vacation are the same people who've been furloughed, do you? As if being furloughed, with massive uncertainty about any future employment, is a holiday?

Some of us have been working harder than ever under massively stressful conditions, so yeah, a holiday would be nice.

What have you been up to?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    And you know for a fact that all the people wanting a foreign vacation are the same people who've been furloughed, do you? As if being furloughed, with massive uncertainty about any future employment, is a holiday?

Some of us have been working harder than ever under massively stressful conditions, so yeah, a holiday would be nice.

What have you been up to?
    On holiday

"The Norwegian shipping company at the heart of a large coronavirus outbreak has halted all expedition cruises and conceded it failed to follow its own guidelines in a further blow to the industry’s image.

At least 41 staff and passengers were infected with coronavirus on two sailings of Hurtigruten’s MS Roald Amundsen from the northern Norwegian city of Tromso to the Arctic Archipelago of Svalbard at the end of July.

Norwegian police started an investigation into the company and its staff on Monday afternoon while public health authorities suggested that Hurtigruten — which is majority-owned by UK private equity firm TDR Capital — had failed to follow infection guidelines by allowing workers from the Philippines to avoid quarantine."

Hurtigruten suspends all expedition cruises after Arctic Covid-19 outbreak https://on.ft.com/3gqeRjc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    "The Norwegian shipping company at the heart of a large coronavirus outbreak has halted all expedition cruises and conceded it failed to follow its own guidelines in a further blow to the industry’s image.

At least 41 staff and passengers were infected with coronavirus on two sailings of Hurtigruten’s MS Roald Amundsen from the northern Norwegian city of Tromso to the Arctic Archipelago of Svalbard at the end of July.

Norwegian police started an investigation into the company and its staff on Monday afternoon while public health authorities suggested that Hurtigruten — which is majority-owned by UK private equity firm TDR Capital — had failed to follow infection guidelines by allowing workers from the Philippines to avoid quarantine."

Hurtigruten suspends all expedition cruises after Arctic Covid-19 outbreak https://on.ft.com/3gqeRjc
    Were they a recommendation for my next trip away?

Next staycation has been brilliant- can’t beat waking up to views like this! Never would have considered a barge before, and the kids love it too.