closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Definitive historical guide for Rolex Accessories?

Craftsman

Definitive historical guide for Rolex Accessories?

Just trying to purchase a few bits and pieces to make up a full set on a 1999 Explorer II 16570 which I purchased last year from a dealer and wondered if there was a reference out there for what box, papers, calendars, manuals, hang tags go with Rolex watches of any given year. Forgive me if this is naive question and would be the sort of guide that wouldn't be out there to stop counterfeiters, but just want to purchase the booklets for this, and if regional, the Italian version (as was originally sold by an Italian AD). I have a box, papers and wallet, but just wondered what else might have been included originally.

Can't help you on that particular watch, but you seem to have listed most of the obvious things. I had an Italian sold Explorer and the books were in Italian, which on one hand was great, but completely unreadable to me. Be aware of the dates on the books, they need to be around the same date as the watch, logically printed before, but if the set was made up later they could be later books.

I recently parted with a 1999 SD and both books were dated 1999, one was Jan and the other Sept, so you could accept that those probably came with the Watch.

Once you know which books (correct cover etc) and boxes that you are looking for they do appear on the likes of e-bay.

I've got the English language Explorer and Your Rolex Oyster booklets and calendar card...drop me a message if you're interested.

MW

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    I've got the English language Explorer and Your Rolex Oyster booklets and calendar card...drop me a message if you're interested.

MW

Mike - sent you a PM