closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fitting a replacement Squale 1521 bezel

Journeyman

Fitting a replacement Squale 1521 bezel

Good afternoon all. I was tinkering with the bezel of my 'screws-version' bezel on my 1521, trying to ease up the action a little bit as it was really stiff, certainly compared to another 1521 i tried in the past (which i think was without screws). I tried loosening the screws, but to no avail. (Do they do anything? they don't seem to)

Anyway, a few days later, on a ride the bezel just popped off... lost forever. V. irritating.

So i managed to get a new one from Squale, which arrived today. I cannot, for the life of me, get this thing back on. I have recevied a bezel, a stiff spring, a washer and four screws. Every time i seem to get it on without the spring popping out of the side, i screw in the screws, it spins for a few times, and then just pops off. How is this thing meant to stay in place? It's not like a friction-fitted Rolex bezel, from what i can tell.

Is there an order of events? Spring on the bezel, and then on the case? Or spring on the case, with the bezel added? What's the washer doing, and what angle should it be at ? presumably the little 'nick' in the washer is for where the spring hole is, but what's the chunk taken out of it for? And what do those screws actually do?

If anyone has a guide to fitting this damn thing, i would be most appreciative.
    Thank you
    John

Journeyman
    And here are the items in question.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The circlip with the tongues should sit in the case and the bezel clips to it. If the circlip has no click mechanism integrated into it via a hook, then i presume the third part serves the purpose of giving the bezel its clicks. In my experience make sure the clip sits in the holes made for it in the case flush, then put the spring clip into the rear of the bezel and square it to case. Then click it home with adjacent equal pressure.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk