closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BLADE by Heineken

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    It’s been here for just over 24 hours and I’ve now got the technique of the perfect pour.

I’m a quarter of a keg in now and it’s superb, rivalling a pub pint and knocking the socks of cans and bottles.

Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me it blows pubs out the water, only pint i have had close is a Heineken in Amsterdam

But glad you are enjoying it

^ you’re probably right. It’s just been so long since I had one it’s hard to draw a comparison.

Craftsman
    Got a blade last week, really enjoying it. The pints are great, at least as good as a pub pint.
    Will serve me well as still not at the point where I can see myself going back to a pub anytime soon

Master
    Can any of the Blade owners comment on what they are like for pouring pints? The Sub that I have is dreadful, first and last beer is always mostly foam and you are lucky to get 3 half decent beers out of it. Makes each pint really expensive. Also makes a god awful racket all the time as well, even when not being directly used.

I really like the concept of fresh poured pint at home but the subs are really useless and I don’t want to spend £500 on yet another crappy gadget!

Craftsman

BLADE by Heineken

In my first 2 kegs I’ve poured one frothy pint (1st pint) beyond that it’s been excellent.

There is a “knack” to it holding the glass as close to 90degrees as you can and only lessen the angle as the pint fills.

Probably most important thing is to pre chill the keg for 24hrs and let it settle in the machine for at least 30 mins before pouring.

From a noise perspective it makes a little noise when pouring, and for about 15-30secs afterwards. Otherwise about the same background noise level as a fridge but every couple of hours it must “re pressurise” or something which results in some noise for 15-3secs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    In my first 2 kegs I’ve poured one frothy pint (1st pint) beyond that it’s been excellent.

There is a “knack” to it holding the glass as close to 90degrees as you can and only lessen the angle as the pint fills.

Probably most important thing is to pre chill the keg for 24hrs and let it settle in the machine for at least 30 mins before pouring.

From a noise perspective it makes a little noise when pouring, and for about 15-30secs afterwards. Otherwise about the same background noise level as a fridge but every couple of hours it must “re pressurise” or something which results in some noise for 15-3secs

Would agree with the above.

Chilled beer and technique are important. Following a couple of lively pours off the first keg the rest have been excellent and I’m nearly through (with help!) 28 pints now.

It’s a sizeable outlay, but it’s a commercial quality machine.

Master
    If anyone knows of anywhere with any stock please let me know. Seem to be out everywhere. Seen some at drinksshop.co.uk but not sure if they are kosher or not?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post

Arrived in a couple of days. A bit lively so far, but decent.

I ordered one on the 1st of this month and still not a thing from them, I thought they would at least keep me up to date about the order.
    The money was taken from the bank on the 3rd, it was always my belief that a company couldn't legally take money for an order until they had it processed and posted.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had an order ship late yesterday that I made early morning on the 1st July. I suspect yours is nearing the top of the queue for dispatch.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foxworld View Post
    I ordered one on the 1st of this month and still not a thing from them, I thought they would at least keep me up to date about the order.
    The money was taken from the bank on the 3rd, it was always my belief that a company couldn't legally take money for an order until they had it processed and posted.
    Probably teaching granny to suck the proverbial, but have you checked your spam?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Why did I open this thread, spending time researching something that really I shouldn't be buying but all this its "better than the pub pint" talk is too tempting, any of you buy kegs of IPA?

I like Brewdog Punk and having that on tap would be dangerous

Master
    Blog Entries
    I prefer the Lager than the IPA, I have Punk in the Sub at the moment. It serves everything at 2 degreee which I find a bit cold for IPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxworld View Post
    From memory it did say somewhere on their site that they would take payment at time of order (which I agree is unusual) and that the shipping time is longer than normal - up to 2 weeks. My experience was very good, but I suspect I maybe just got lucky.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix View Post
    I had an order ship late yesterday that I made early morning on the 1st July. I suspect yours is nearing the top of the queue for dispatch.

Cheers mate, thats great news. At least I know its not just my order, I have already order more beer from beerwulf, they gave me a date for delivery when I made the order.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Probably teaching granny to suck the proverbial, but have you checked your spam?
    Yes I have been checking spam, promotions, social, and primary mail daily.

Journeyman
    Looks ideal for solitary garden drinking

Master
    I’m toying with the perfect draft gadget at the moment, wider range of beers appeals to me, although the machine doesn’t look as nice as the blade system.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just ordered a Beertender at £120 off FR Amazon, as the 5l kegs are very prevalent here and available in many brands throughout supermarkets. Should be fun.
    Last edited by Skyman; 9th July 2020 at 17:59.

Master

My blade arrived an hour ago I’ll let it settle overnight and get stuck in tomorrow ready for the weekend

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

My blade arrived an hour ago I’ll let it settle overnight and get stuck in tomorrow ready for the weekend

Where did you order it from?

Master

BLADE by Heineken

I ordered from blade, had a couple of pints this evening ice cold and tasted great no spillage

Very happy !

I’ve had sub machines as you’ll see in this thread and theese are in a different league even the packaging is something to behold

https://uk.blade.shop/?email=bypass&...nt=Header_Logo

Ps I got the morretti bundle so if anyone would like to swap some glasses I would be keen for some Heineken or tiger glasses

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 10th July 2020 at 23:59.

Master
    I ordered from blade, had a couple of pints this evening ice cold and tasted great no spillage

Very happy !

I’ve had sub machines as you’ll see in this thread and theese are in a different league even the packaging is something to behold

https://uk.blade.shop/?email=bypass&...nt=Header_Logo

Ps I got the morretti bundle so if anyone would like to swap some glasses I would be keen for some Heineken or tiger glasses

Just ordered one, thanks!

Master

Three days in and the blade is getting out through its paces have to say what a brilliant piece of equipment

Any other owners fancy a swop of pint glasses as I’ve got excess moretti ones and would like Heineken or tiger

Master
    I think it looks a cracking piece of kit, much nicer looking than the perfect draft machine.

I don’t enjoy the taste of Heineken, so would only leave me with BM & Tiger, which just feels a little limited to me.

Wife has banned it being in the kitchen / utility, so looks are not important as it will be living in the garage!

Apprentice
    Well I emailed them on Saturday but no reply, tried ringing them today but they are not answering calls. Will give them until tomorrow and if there is still nothing I will have to make a request from my bank to get the money back as its clear they won't answer a cancellation email or phone. Really disappointed with them as I wanted the machine for Wednesday for a birthday.

Master
    Did you order from blade website direct? Mine arrived in around 4 days so couldn’t fault them

Apprentice
    Did you order from blade website direct? Mine arrived in around 4 days so couldn’t fault them

Yes from Blade UK, went on a Facebook group last night to see if its happening to many other and noticed its almost all folk that live in Scotland that are delayed. Maybe they have a policy of only delivering to Scotland every two weeks or when they reach a certain number!
    They emailed me back this morning saying sorry for the delay and they were trying to keep up with the demand. But from what i seen on the FB group people are getting the same order as me in 3/4 days. I let them know I wouldn't be excepting it now anyway as I have just installed a new fridge in my pub shed this morning and I'm going to get the beer 365 instead as blade have missed the deadline for the birthday later today

Master
    I am in the SW England and haven’t heard a thing in a week. Pretty piss poor service to be honest!

Blog Entries
    Just been messed about to much so i have an order which should have arrived last week but no show i email them today and tell them to stick it, if it arrives it will be my last one just to much hassle and the sub will go on the SF.
    The beer was good but the faffing about a PITA need some beers just walk into my local supermarket then into the fridge and thank you very much i do not need to chill a torp for 15 hrs
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Mine turned up a few days later and I have had a decent sized keg order delivered since as well. Really bad comms but in the end be all good.

The Blade itself is really good as well, pours a perfect pint and my boys all over indulged last weekend whilst I was away!

Interesting product - I’d not seen one of these before. Kind of like the Keurig of beer. I think the option to get one of the kegs refilled would open up all sorts of opportunities - I’d be surprised of someone hadn’t thought of that already.

I built a kegerator a couple of years back from an old fridge, which gave me space for 3 x 5 Gallon kegs - very dangerous! Since I’ve moved I have a smaller kegerator which takes 2 x 5 gallon kegs. The beauty of that setup is that any brewery can fill up your kegs easily enough, giving a huge selection of beers and ciders - as a homebrewer I usually put my own brew in it. Obviously takes up more space though which is where this setup excels.

Just checked, and seems someone has already given it a go with their home brew - any owners willing to give it a shot?!

https://youtu.be/3vnnpJjTrIE

Master
    Had mine for just over a week. On my 4th keg (had a couple of mates round ). Great bit of kit and the Heineken is lovely. Got a Zipfer keg installed at the moment but prefer the Heineken. Yet to try the Moretti or Tiger, but I will.

Last edited by stefaulkner; 9th October 2020 at 09:09.

I’m jealous of your bar!

Master
    I’ve had mine for over two months now and it’s been brilliant - Heineken, tiger and morretti have all been great only issue is the amount I’m now drinking!!!

Master
    I’ve had mine for over two months now and it’s been brilliant - Heineken, tiger and morretti have all been great only issue is the amount I’m now drinking!!!
    I have had the perfect draft (as wanted the variety) for a few weeks, but agree on the consumption issue!

Now turning it off in the week, keg into the fridge & turn it on Friday morning for the weekend

Master
    Yeah, but look at all the money you're saving

Man-maths at its finest.

Master
    Ordered the Linde beer cooler compressor yesterday and will be picking up the 30L of Kernel later today. Looking forward to this, although not sure it’s good for the lockdown wait loss.

Bought the two tap version and plan to install Guinness on one of the taps. Lots of experimenting this weekend.

Now, I need a space invader machine and a card of pork scratchings.

Between £300 and £400 and all 12 options are sold out!

Just seen this thread and it’s a slippery slope I’m looking at. A Perfect Draft machine with Leffe Blond on tap, I’m not sure I’d ever walk straight again!

Cheers,

Plug

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post
    Just seen this thread and it’s a slippery slope I’m looking at. A Perfect Draft machine with Leffe Blond on tap, I’m not sure I’d ever walk straight again!

Cheers,

Plug
    I stopped buying Kwak for the same reason!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Ok guys update did a refill quite easy but is it worth the effort? IMO no in fact the whole thing is not worth the effort
    1 the machine is expensive
    2 the kegs/ torps are expensive for 2 ltrs need to be ordered incur a postage charge unless you buy 8 at a time they take up room need to be chilled for 8 hrs prior to insertion and the sub takes for ever to chill so if you fancy a quick pint at home look for a window in your diary.
    3 it takes up a lot of counter space
    Some of the beers on offer are very nice however and if you could buy in a supermarket it would make a difference.

Quite honestly as a gift from my Son it will stay but otherwise it would be on the Bay
    Went to the Bay last week and now resides in Manchester and not missing it at all, just bought 15 cans of Kronenberg for £12.00 into the fridge and good to go later no faffing about.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman
    I’m 99% sure of pulling the trigger on one of these Heineken Blades, how is everybody still getting on with it and would you recommend?

I’ve had a blade and swapped for a Perfect Draft purely as there’s more I like on the latter.

Both very good and the choice is more around what you prefer to drink.

Craftsman

BLADE by Heineken

I’ve had mine for about 2 years. No issues, just great beer. I’m pleased that the novelty has worn off a little and my consumption has decreased significantly!

The range of beers has expanded considerably in that time, and I particularly enjoy the Austrian lagers, although currently have a Lagunitas IPA in the tank

Last edited by Gordon76; 31st December 2021 at 09:23.

Master
    Ours has been used constantly and was a godsend through lockdown. I have 3 sons in there 20’s and it’s helped them feel a little bit of normality. Probably also responsible for some excessive night but hey ho.

It is expensive though, 6 blades costs about £200 which is around £1.80 per pint. Too much for a pint at home in my view but I keep buying them so must be good………

We have been buying birra moretti exclusively, lovely refreshing pint!

I have a blade and really like it and trying the different beers. Expensive but much nicer than cans. Pauliner is a really nice lager

Craftsman
    Tried the Stella on perfect draft at a mates on new year, lovely pint now going to get one.
    Machine bundles are now 50 quid off

Craftsman

Craftsman

BLADE by Heineken

It’s a shame they don’t do Stella on the Blade. My only other concern on the PerfectDraft is what I’ve read on how long it takes to cool down compared the the Blade (fridge Keg - 20 mins Blade v 1hr 40 mins on PerfectDraft)

It’s a bit of a wait if you had a BBQ and needed to change Kegs.