closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko quartz perfection

Master
    Blog Entries

Seiko quartz perfection

I have two quartz watches, both with interesting movements. An SBBN045 with its 7C46 and an SBGX337 with its 9F62. The former is known for its ruggedness and reliability, the latter is Seiko's HAQ model that is thermocompensated, able to be regulated and apparently can go without servicing for 50 years.

I've only owned the Tuna for about six weeks and the GS for four, but in that relatively short space of time, both are keeping perfect time and remain in perfect step with each other. Can't ask more than that :)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

GS SBGP015 with the 9F85 movement. Honestly it is the best sports watch I've owned. I used to think the Rolex Explorer fit that role but this spanks it and sends it home with a wedgie. IMHO of course lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why are Grand Seiko so far under the radar?
    Im starting to warm to them quite a bit now, from everything i read about them they just knock Rolex out of the park

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Im starting to warm to them quite a bit now, from everything i read about them they just knock Rolex out of the park
    I think the quality and design of them is outstanding - I have had four Grand Seikos to date, all quartz so all fantastic timekeepers. My finger keeps hovering over the buy button on a SBGV243 - another of their sports models - to complement this SBGX337. But I don't need any more watches. I don't need any more watches. I don't need any more watches :)

Because I think your average Joe banker or business man can't get his head around buying a luxery watch that says Seiko on it. I think for a lot of people spending that kind of money on a watch is a status thing and you're buying an image as well as a watch and they want the image of Rolex or Omega et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo View Post
    Because I think your average Joe banker or business man can't get his head around buying a luxery watch that says Seiko on it. I think for a lot of people spending that kind of money on a watch is a status thing and you're buying an image as well as a watch and they want the image of Rolex or Omega et al.
    This is so true. Companies in Japan, such as Seiko, cater to literally all levels of the market, it's the same with Japanese motorcycles and cars. In the West people are used to brands being at one price point only and so equate brands that only produce expensive goods with quality and wont look beyond that. Very blinkered and often rather boring.

I'm not sure they knock Rolex out of the park. From my perspective the dial and case finishing of GS is superior to Rolex and actually by some distance. I'd say GS gives Patek a run for its money in this area. However Rolex bracelets are for sure better than GS bracelets. I think that today GS watches are priced broadly similar to Rolex so the value proposition isn't as compelling as it used to be. But for sure GS deserves to be in this category. The correct answer is to buy both of course :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Here are my 2

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice bazza - love the date wheels :)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk