closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster - what is your attraction to it?

Hybrid View

Shame the Silver Snoopy was the one that went bonkers price wise whilst other LEs released around the same time turn up for Peanuts (see what I did there ). I would happily own that one again if they were selling at normal second hand prices.

Master
    I *Should* love the speedy, it has all the tick boxes, history, space geek, large enough, enough variants to find something aesthetically pleasing, attainable price with a bit of self control, etc. However I've never looked at one and thought mmm I'll have that one day, it just doesn't grip me at all and I'm not really sure why. Maybe once all this madness is over with I should go and try one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Shame the Silver Snoopy was the one that went bonkers price wise whilst other LEs released around the same time turn up for Peanuts (see what I did there ). I would happily own that one again if they were selling at normal second hand prices.
    Don’t get me wrong as it’s a lovely watch but I still don’t see how people are now paying up to £30k😲 for a Snoopy when there are better speedmasters around? Mind you, they’re not that easily to come by either I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong as it’s a lovely watch but I still don’t see how people are now paying up to £30k for a Snoopy when there are better speedmasters around? Mind you, they’re not that easily to come by either I guess?
    They are if you have £30k going spare. The prices just keep going up and up so I can only assume people are still buying. There are a couple listed on Chrono24 from UK dealers. Having owned two, it is basically a £3.5k Moonwatch with a fancy dial and box set, hence its list price of £4.6k, but that's what it is, a £4.6k watch at best. One dealer had a Snoopy listed next to a Red Submariner and the Snoopy was more expensive - that just has to be stupidity on a grand scale.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    They are if you have £30k going spare. The prices just keep going up and up so I can only assume people are still buying. There are a couple listed on Chrono24 from UK dealers. Having owned two, it is basically a £3.5k Moonwatch with a fancy dial and box set, hence its list price of £4.6k, but that's what it is, a £4.6k watch at best. One dealer had a Snoopy listed next to a Red Submariner and the Snoopy was more expensive - that just has to be stupidity on a grand scale.
    Quite agree - Does anyone remember the ridiculous prices limited edition Swatches achieved in the 90s? Now probably landfill.
    While I can see the value in an ST1, Apollo XI etc, the bragging rights from a 60s cartoon strip escapes me.

O Tempora O Mores!