TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZRC Grand Fonds 3000m Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Looks great,Megateon
    Got mine as well and love it in satin
    I don’t think I got the nylon or the alien key, I believe
    will check the box again:-)
    It’s right at the bottom of the box underneath the top layer of foam padding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A thoroughly delightful watch of such great quality.

Looks great Raj, nice one.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Very Nice

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    A thoroughly delightful watch of such great quality.

Raj Meister that looks incredible love the Blue strap altogether a superb package.

Congrats Raj, glad you're pleased with it - I've hardly taken mine off since I got it!

Glad you are enjoying these. I had the SS version - the bezel was superb

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Congrats Raj, glad you're pleased with it - I've hardly taken mine off since I got it!
    Thanks, I did find the fabric strap and the Allen key:-)

The 3,000m ZRC is a deeply appealing watch, I didn't like the crown at first but now I have really warmed to it. The specs say the watch is 19.25mm thick How does that work on the wrist? The crystal looks heavily domed in the press pics but it's not so evident in Rajens pics.

Its a shame these cannot be handled in the UK as its quite a unique watch for a blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    The 3,000m ZRC is a deeply appealing watch, I didn't like the crown at first but now I have really warmed to it. The specs say the watch is 19.25mm thick How does that work on the wrist? The crystal looks heavily domed in the press pics but it's not so evident in Rajens pics.

Its a shame these cannot be handled in the UK as its quite a unique watch for a blind buy.
    It is a thick watch, no denying it but not enough to bother me in any way.

Thanks, that's a great photo, it is an impressive bit of design. It looks like the rubber B is the only option which is a shame, I guess it is strictly a casual watch.

ZRC Grand Fonds 3000m Titanium

Thanks, that's a great photo, it is an impressive bit of design. It looks like the rubber B is the only option which is a shame, I guess it is strictly a casual watch.
    I’d also say it doesn’t wear quite as tall as the dimensions suggest; the crystal is definitely very domed but the case is a lot slimmer than my Deepsea so it definitely doesn’t feel or look as big or tall even though technically they are the same.

I’ve tried it on a few different straps and though I don’t have one in 24mm I di put it on a spare brown leather strap with cream stitching and it looked really quite nice. Panerai straps are probably what it needs. I’ve also ordered a Bell and Ross type velcro strap which I’ll post a pic of when and if it fits. The rubber strap is very comfortable though....

Last edited by Megatron; 7th September 2020 at 22:38.

Your profile says you are at least a hundred miles away from me but could sort a video call/MS Teams or Zoom if you’re keen to see more; all my research was done off pics so it was a bit of a gamble which I’m pleased to say has been worth it.

Last edited by Megatron; 7th September 2020 at 22:42.

Thanks for your kind offer megatron, I am not ready to get serious about a ZRC just yet as I will wait for more online review and photos, but in time I may just take you up on it

Thanks for your kind offer megatron, I am not ready to get serious about a ZRC just yet as I will wait for more online review and photos, but in time I may just take you up on it
    No worries; PM me when/if you want

I sold my SS version here and now ordered another one as A I missed it and B I've not seen much at a comparable quality at that price point. Wonderful watches

Enjoying mine. Very nondescript and easily passed off as a black plastic watch. Faultless fit and finish and thoughtful design touches like the minute markers which aren't immediately obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by psikat View Post

Enjoying mine. Very nondescript and easily passed off as a black plastic watch. Faultless fit and finish and thoughtful design touches like the minute markers which aren't immediately obvious.

That looks very nice - did you have any success in getting a deal on the price if you don’t mind me asking?

Yes! Bought it from a Swedish AD on Chrono24, Hubert Agency.

Holy Thread Resurrection! Ended up getting a 1964 Spirit version as I wanted the hand patinated tropical dial with manufactured blemishes etc. It really does look excellent. Bought from Ocarat in France as they had a 20% off promo. It took a month to arrive due to customs delays however on the flip side HMRC ended up only charging £103 VAT (including Parcelforce's £25 fee) whereas it should have been around £350 VAT (or thereabouts) so I lucked out as this ended up landed at around £1750 which is pretty compelling for the quality.

Very nice indeed. I keep looking at the non-date PVD one, as the case really suits a black finish. You bagged a bargain there Ryan, don't suppose that promotion is still running?
    Dave

Lovely watch, Ryan. It is 300m though not the 3000m one. Regardless a lovely watch and probably better proportioned for most here.

The pvd/cream full lume dial looks great

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Very nice indeed. I keep looking at the non-date PVD one, as the case really suits a black finish. You bagged a bargain there Ryan, don't suppose that promotion is still running?
    Dave
    Yep the non date PVD still has 20% off

https://ocarat.com/montre-1964-spiri...zrc-68835.html

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yep the non date PVD still has 20% off

https://ocarat.com/montre-1964-spiri...zrc-68835.html
    Looks lovely, but not actually the one I meant, I meant the one with non-vintage lume, and yellw accents on the dial.
    I shall keep a look out thought, that vintaged PVD one is a really good deal.
    D