closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This ad appeared in my inbox today

Blog Entries

This ad appeared in my inbox today

Heading toward £1K - for this Certina. Seems a little steep? What do people think?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Heading toward £1K - for this Certina. Seems a little steep? What do people think?
    Who pays retail for a certina? It could be steep depending on the real price.

I know nothing about it but going by the pic it looks really nice, just like the old ones.

Not totally convinced by the bezel though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Monochrome had an ‘introducing’ on this a few days ago. I’m not sure about the mix of fauxtina bezel markers with vibrant, white dial markers.

I prefer the the ph200m from a couple of years ago (a fraction too large though) and it seems to sell for £400-£500 on the ‘bay. That strikes me as a much better choice but to each his/her own.

I got that email too, I quite like it, particularly the bezel.

This ad appeared in my inbox today

Same email received. I do like the design and have nothing against Certina. I wouldn’t spend a grand on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I believe I got an e-mail from Jura about it.

I thought the price said £785, but you could pre-order it for £500.

Master
    Interesting you should mention Certina as I have been looking at their range a lot recently and for the money, the quality appears to be very high, even if this design isn't quite my taste. There is a very nice sale on at Jura and the GMT they sell, although a tad too large in my opinion, is a true GMT for £835.

Take a look at this review, even if the model itself isn't to your taste, and look at the quality of the watch. This model is on sale at £417! Great value in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhfskW7IYoc

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Interesting you should mention Certina as I have been looking at their range a lot recently and for the money, the quality appears to be very high, even if this design isn't quite my taste. There is a very nice sale on at Jura and the GMT they sell, although a tad too large in my opinion, is a true GMT for £835.
    At one point the GMT went as low as about £545.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    At one point the GMT went as low as about £545.
    That's very good indeed although it's not on sale at the mo. I really like them and had never really noticed the brand before.

Master
    I think that’s one hell of a looker, and am sorely tempted to pre order. With 10% of from Jura brings it closer to £700, which to me seems a pretty good price for a Swiss diver with plenty of history, and an 80hr power reserve to boot. Out of the several models available, the blue one pictured, on NATO, would be my choice.

Having already had the 2018 edit of this watch, I’m well aware of the relative value of it (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    That's very good indeed although it's not on sale at the mo. I really like them and had never really noticed the brand before.

The movement (A variation of the powermatic 80) is in a few of the Swatch brands.

I think for £700 its a nice looking watch. would look nice on a dark blue isofrane or carbon tropic, but i'd prefer a precista 50b over this tbh

Master
    The biggest problem I have with Certina is that I always read it as 'Cretina', which I find a touch abusive.

I've heard mixed things about the Powermatic 80 movement. Based on the ETA 2842-2 but with a frequency reduced from the standard 28,000 bph to 21,000 bph in order to generate the extended power reserve.

I read that, like the Swatch System 51 movement, it is produced with heavy automation including machine regulation that makes it not impossible, just more difficult to regulate/service...more of a disposable movement rather than one the Swatch group intended to service throughout the lifespan of the watch....similar to replacing a quartz module rather than service it.

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I believe I got an e-mail from Jura about it.

I thought the price said £785, but you could pre-order it for £500.
    That is the deposit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That is the deposit.
    Opppssss....so it is 😳