closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ben Fogle series

Master
    Blog Entries

Ben Fogle series

Is that a yellow faced Breitling emergency he wears when on the briny??

Jim

It is and he's had it for some years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    It is and he's had it for some years.
    Thank you. Glad I can still see these things.

Jim

Banned
    I love he’s series return to the wild. I was quite fascinated by he’s watch and he wears it on a nato. Really suits him

Me and the wife watch a lot of his programs, escpecially the escape to the wild ones.

He comes across as a genuinely nice guy, especially as some of the individuals on the program can be a bit solitary and challenging.

We saw him live last year. Forgot he’d also climbed Everest as well as rowed the Atlantic and walked the artic.

Top man.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    It’s a really interesting programme, basically people who are fed up with the rat race and decide to literally give it all up and go and live alone on a island or in the wilderness and actually do it not just talk about it! There’s a few who have bought a small island in Iceland or Norway and live there alone. I love the way that Ben interacts with these characters and it’s one of the best things on the telly at the moment

Another fan of Fogle and the series, yeah he does come across as genuine and manages to keep conversations going with people who haven’t had conversations with outsiders for a long time and connect with them.

Morning All

Well last"s night episode was a real kick in the Teeth , with Julius"s partner passing away at the end Ben's little tribute was really heartfelt he was really cut up , the beautiful life they had made as well in Canada and to be taken away at 43 years old, it can be a horrible world sometimes...

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Morning All

Well last"s night episode was a real kick in the Teeth , with Julius"s partner passing away at the end Ben's little tribute was really heartfelt he was really cut up , the beautiful life they had made as well in Canada and to be taken away at 43 years old, it can be a horrible world sometimes...

Cheers
    Wasn't it just. To cap that he got home form the funeral (she died in London) and promptly collapsed with CV19, on his own in the lodge and watched a chunk of ice and snow fall off the roof and destroy half their veranda.
    Oh and the German Shepherd in last night's episode had just recovered from being run over twice by a drunk neighbour; several pins holding her pelvis together apparently, not that you could tell.
    Someone, somewhere needs to cut that Julius chap a break.
    The lodge business is for sale sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Wasn't it just. To cap that he got home form the funeral (she died in London) and promptly collapsed with CV19, on his own in the lodge and watched a chunk of ice and snow fall off the roof and destroy half their veranda.
    Oh and the German Shepherd in last night's episode had just recovered from being run over twice by a drunk neighbour; several pins holding her pelvis together apparently, not that you could tell.
    Someone, somewhere needs to cut that Julius chap a break.
    The lodge business is for sale sadly.
    Blimey David.. his life was was ideal at the time and then all that , where did you hear about all the rest ?

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Blimey David.. his life was was ideal at the time and then all that , where did you hear about all the rest ?

Cheers
    The website for the lodge
    https://wildbearlodge.ca/bearly-surv...ime-of-change/

Only saw the last 20 minutes or so of the episode with Julius and Kristin. Such a tragedy to be taken at 43 and with so much to live for. I guess it's a small consolation that she looks to have lived a very rich and fulfilling live and obviously had a lot of dignity, especially towards the end.

It does seem a shame that Julius is trying to sell everything that they worked so hard together to achieve, however he must have his reasons.

Cheers,
    Gary

The ending to last night's revisit programme was a real tear-jerker, absolutely tragic after the life they'd built for themselves. As the programme was on I looked up their website with a view to looking to book a trip in Spring 2021 and bookmarked it. I didn't see the fact that the business was up for sale.