closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    I own both a Steeldive Willard and a Seiko Blue Turtle with a modded domed sapphire , plus a Seiko Save The Ocean Samuari and I have to say the finish on the Steeldive is very close to the Seikos, the only fault I can find is the lume on the dial whilst initially bright it fades quicker than the seikos, but the bezel and hand lume last longer. Im looking at getting a green dial Sumo Steeldive eventually, and on those it looks like the lume has been upgraded.
    For an extra $40 my "San Martin" variation of the Willard pattern has Seiko equalling lume and a significantly better finish the the Steeldive equivalent that i also owned.

For me its a better representation of the working class workhorse Seiko tradition than any Seiko i can currently buy and i'm a big fan of the Seiko brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Not missing the point.

I like a nice quality and finished movement in a mechanical watch, part of the reason we often pay quite a lot of money for them.

I'm not saying getting all that for a hundred quid cookie cutter watch is not a deal but you can buy an Orient (part of Seiko) automatic 200m diver for 112 and yet nobody is raving about these.

Dare I say that Perhaps it is because they are not a copy of a famous Seiko design?

https://www.creationwatches.com/prod...yABEgIzu_D_BwE

Not me I have always considered the Orient Mako better than the Seiko SKX. Back when everyone was swooning over the SKX it was selling for about 110 and the Orient was about 80 on a bracelet and 60 on a rubber strap (I know I bought one for that price) Much better than the Seiko (I had two of them and sold both) Both had horrible bracelets but overall the Orient felt the better quality watch. The new upgrade of the Orient to a hack movement should be a no brainer but people instead are paying double for a SKX because it has some kind of "Iconic" status. The orient kamasu should be the next big thing considering the upgrade on the crystal and bezel but seems to get overlooked. I have found the Orient watches to be very accurate as well so not sure why they dont get the same level of attention as Seiko.

I do like the look of these Steeldive and would really like to get one as a day to day watch but I would just like to be sure that they will stand up to it and not leak water after 6 months or have all sorts of QC issues.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Not me I have always considered the Orient Mako better than the Seiko SKX. Back when everyone was swooning over the SKX it was selling for about 110 and the Orient was about 80 on a bracelet and 60 on a rubber strap (I know I bought one for that price) Much better than the Seiko (I had two of them and sold both) Both had horrible bracelets but overall the Orient felt the better quality watch. The new upgrade of the Orient to a hack movement should be a no brainer but people instead are paying double for a SKX because it has some kind of "Iconic" status. The orient kamasu should be the next big thing considering the upgrade on the crystal and bezel but seems to get overlooked. I have found the Orient watches to be very accurate as well so not sure why they dont get the same level of attention as Seiko.

I do like the look of these Steeldive and would really like to get one as a day to day watch but I would just like to be sure that they will stand up to it and not leak water after 6 months or have all sorts of QC issues.
    However good they are, and in my experience that is every bit as good at the Seiko equivalent, that "Rothmans" logo will always be a problem in the UK market.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    However good they are, and in my experience that is every bit as good at the Seiko equivalent, that "Rothmans" logo will always be a problem in the UK market.
    They omitted the crest on some of their watches but I guess the design is pretty iconic for them.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Maybe I'm just not of a certain age (or it's because I'm not a smoker) but I've never associated a coat of arms with Rothmans. I quite like the Orient logo.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    I own both a Steeldive Willard and a Seiko Blue Turtle with a modded domed sapphire , plus a Seiko Save The Ocean Samuari and I have to say the finish on the Steeldive is very close to the Seikos, the only fault I can find is the lume on the dial whilst initially bright it fades quicker than the seikos, but the bezel and hand lume last longer. Im looking at getting a green dial Sumo Steeldive eventually, and on those it looks like the lume has been upgraded.
    I can say that the Lume on the Sumo I have is possibly the best lume I have ever seen on a watch, even glancing at the time at 4.00am this morning without my specs on, I was able to clearly see the time easily. I am still amazed each time I glance at the watch, just what you are getting for your money. 115 shipped, just amazing, Brilliant lume, Seiko movement, Sapphire crystal, ceramic insert. Anybody who is on the fence needs to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    I can say that the Lume on the Sumo I have is possibly the best lume I have ever seen on a watch, even glancing at the time at 4.00am this morning without my specs on, I was able to clearly see the time easily. I am still amazed each time I glance at the watch, just what you are getting for your money. 115 shipped, just amazing, Brilliant lume, Seiko movement, Sapphire crystal, ceramic insert. Anybody who is on the fence needs to try one.
    Assuming of course you like the style.

I don't really like the 6105 much myself, so while my Heimdallr is a good watch for the money, I don't think I'll wear it much...

The monoblock MM300 is more to my liking, but I was surprised to find how much I liked the Tuna having thought they looked huge in photos.

They are a cheap way to assess the styles though.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Assuming of course you like the style.

I don't really like the 6105 much myself, so while my Heimdallr is a good watch for the money, I don't think I'll wear it much...

The monoblock MM300 is more to my liking, but I was surprised to find how much I liked the Tuna having thought they looked huge in photos.

They are a cheap way to assess the styles though.

M

Completely agree, Must confess the thing putting me off the Marine master is should it need regulating there is no real way to get at the movement, as you say it is a good way to try on the style and see if they suit. I never thought I would be wearing a clone rather than a Seiko, In years gone by I would no way of even thought about a clone Sumo, I purchased one on a bracelet new from Amazon for 250 around 4 years ago and now look at the silly prices they are asking, even the SKX007 that used to be 99 is now three times this.

Yes, I have a couple of 5s, but they cost 100 or so, not double that or more.

These clones are far better and cheaper.

M

Completely agree, Must confess the thing putting me off the Marine master is should it need regulating there is no real way to get at the movement, as you say it is a good way to try on the style and see if they suit. I never thought I would be wearing a clone rather than a Seiko, In years gone by I would no way of even thought about a clone Sumo, I purchased one on a bracelet new from Amazon for 250 around 4 years ago and now look at the silly prices they are asking, even the SKX007 that used to be 99 is now three times this.
    Steve get a MM they are great. Ive got one and it runs beautifully around +3 sec. Ive watched a YouTube video showing its not too difficult to get to the movement if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by neilf1965 View Post
    Steve get a MM they are great. Ive got one and it runs beautifully around +3 sec. Ive watched a YouTube video showing its not too difficult to get to the movement if needed.
    Thank you sir, will give one a try

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophat View Post

I ordered one after watching Apocalypse Now - The Final Cut (I Promise) on BBC2 last weekend. The rubber strap version is on for 99 but I always knew Id have to get another strap for it. I have to say Im very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Having had it for a few days now, my only minor complaint is the bezel on my watch is incredibly stiff. Its OK for half a turn but then becomes almost impossible to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat View Post
    Having had it for a few days now, my only minor complaint is the bezel on my watch is incredibly stiff. Its OK for half a turn but then becomes almost impossible to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Probably the bezel gasket, mine was very tight but I put 3-in-one oil on it, kept turning it, drying it then oiling it again, it's now perfect.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

On a Haveston Canvas:

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    On a Haveston Canvas:

Very nice

I must say that the Orient logo is quite small and much less noticeable in real life than in pictures. Maybe that's just my old eyes! I think the Orient Kamasu is certainly a step above the Seiko SKX. They are both great watches though and I love them both.

Another Haveston and a Sail Cloth....

As others have said that probably depends on your age, I kind of know what you are talking about but I imagine anyone under the age of 30 will not have a clue. Smoking is not nearly as common and even for me its more something I remember from my dads generation than mine.

Craftsman
    This seems like as good a place to ask as any...

I'm looking for a white faced diver...

Now Heimdallr do the SKX007 with a white face, and Orient do the Mako USA 2 (although I can't find a white one in stock anywhere)

Do San Martin or Steel Dive or anyone else do a bargain tastic white faced diver or do I just buy the Sharkey?

My MM lookalike (no logo) was delivered today, with a free bracelet pin removal tool. I removed a link straight away and have been wearing it all day. Im amazed by the quality at this price point.

As has been noted before, the bracelet is the weak link (pardon the pun) in the package. Does anyone know if a Strapcode bracelet designed for the MM300 fits the SteelDive, or has anyone actually tried one?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    My MM lookalike (no logo) was delivered today, with a free bracelet pin removal tool. I removed a link straight away and have been wearing it all day. Im amazed by the quality at this price point.

As has been noted before, the bracelet is the weak link (pardon the pun) in the package. Does anyone know if a Strapcode bracelet designed for the MM300 fits the SteelDive, or has anyone actually tried one?
    Good aren't they? I've switched to a Zulu on mine, bracelets are always an issue for me.

I wouldn't be too confident that the strapcode bracelet will fit the Steeldive. The lug hole location makes it pretty tight for NATOs between the case and the spring bar, especially if you try and use Seiko fat bars, so I think the locations maybe different between Steeldive and Seiko cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Good aren't they? I've switched to a Zulu on mine, bracelets are always an issue for me.

I wouldn't be too confident that the strapcode bracelet will fit the Steeldive. The lug hole location makes it pretty tight for NATOs between the case and the spring bar, especially if you try and use Seiko fat bars, so I think the locations maybe different between Steeldive and Seiko cases.
    Thats a very good point about the location of the holes. I suspect youre right. Pity.

I do prefer a bracelet generally, but Ill probably finish up putting it on a Zulu or perhaps one of Eddies deluxe NATOs. I have a few to choose from in the spare straps box!

Thats a very good point about the location of the holes. I suspect youre right. Pity.

I do prefer a bracelet generally, but Ill probably finish up putting it on a Zulu or perhaps one of Eddies deluxe NATOs. I have a few to choose from in the spare straps box!
    Just reading about the Natos, I have always been a bracelet guy and now have my Sumo on a Rubber since they are waterproof, question is do they do a Nato that is good for swimming in etc?

Just reading about the Natos, I have always been a bracelet guy and now have my Sumo on a Rubber since they are waterproof, question is do they do a Nato that is good for swimming in etc?
    Nato straps are ideal for swimming, they dry quickly and for extra security are better than a two piece strap,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Nato straps are ideal for swimming, they dry quickly and for extra security are better than a two piece strap,
    This ^. Far better security, if a springbar fails the watch stays on your wrist. Plus it's easy to have a dry spare to pop on when you get out of the water if a wet strap irritates.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Yes, totally agree with the last two posts.

M

Blog Entries
    Zulu or Nato all day long for me an easy easy swap out especially for the hols, whatare they?

At the price point these are seriously great value currently wearing my MM 300 no logo
    Last edited by mart broad; 12th August 2020 at 18:46.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Zulu or Nato all day long for me an easy easy swap out especially for the hols, whatare they?

At the price point these are seriously great value currently wearing my MM 300 no logo
    Thanks all, I will pick me up a Nice Nato, these watches are certainly good value, only trouble is they just encourage you to buy more than you intended, one more question, can someone recommend a good value nylon strap, thanks.

Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

Thanks all, I will pick me up a Nice Nato, these watches are certainly good value, only trouble is they just encourage you to buy more than you intended, one more question, can someone recommend a good value nylon strap, thanks.
    I like my Seat Belt NATO from Georges straps. In fact I bought 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it was all hype. There had to be a catch.

The timekeeping!

Ive been wearing the MM300 no logo since the postman handed it over yesterday morning, but guess what, the bloody thing has gained half a second since then. I thought these were supposed to be fairly accurate. I may have to think again about spending a whole 145 on a watch like this next time. 😎

I'll wager that half a second was lost when you pushed in the crown otherwise it would of been zero.
    I knew it was all hype. There had to be a catch.

The timekeeping!

Ive been wearing the MM300 no logo since the postman handed it over yesterday morning, but guess what, the bloody thing has gained half a second since then. I thought these were supposed to be fairly accurate. I may have to think again about spending a whole 145 on a watch like this next time. 😎
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I'll wager that half a second was lost when you pushed in the crown otherwise it would of been zero.
    Either way that's totally unacceptable - I'd demand it be properly regulated at that sort of price!

M

Either way that's totally unacceptable - I'd demand it be properly regulated at that sort of price!

M

Craftsman
    Can anyone recommend an affordable rubber strap for my Steeldive tuna that does not attract lint and dust and is a good length for my large wrist

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

I could recommend quite a few. What style are you after?

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    Can anyone recommend an affordable rubber strap for my Steeldive tuna that does not attract lint and dust and is a good length for my large wrist

Craftsman
    Isoframe ,waffle,tropic style

My favourite is Borealis (Isofrane-style) at https://www.borealiswatch.com/store/...raps-c10438972 or one of Uncle SeikoUK's diver straps.

The Borealis mentioned above is excellent and have a look at the WatchGecko range too, top quality and affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    Isoframe ,waffle,tropic style

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The Borealis mentioned above is excellent and have a look at the WatchGecko range too, top quality and affordable.
    This^. The Borealis Iso's are my personal favoirite strap, have one on each of my turtles. The watchgecko zuludiver nato's are excellent too, and sometimes absurdly cheap when they have a sale on.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

My blue Turtle was delivered today from Longfield Chrono. Cant fault it, or the service from Alastair. Amazing value!

Craftsman
    Has anyone tried a crafter blue strap on a steeldive?

I was wondering if the Sumo version was likely to fit the Sumo homage. I like the look of their straps.

I fancy trying a Willard Steeldive, but how do they wear on a smaller wrist? Normally only go for 40 to 42mm watches, any other recommendations from the range?

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I fancy trying a Willard Steeldive, but how do they wear on a smaller wrist? Normally only go for 40 to 42mm watches, any other recommendations from the range?

TIA.
    Wht do you call Smaller? My wrist is about 7" and I usually wear 40-42mm watches, although I do have a few bigger ones.

The 6105 doesn't look big, partly because it's quite low profile and the case slopes away to its lower edge from the bezel.

M

Got my first one yesterday. Great bit of kit, especially at such an incredible price.

I just ordered a 'Willard' and a 'Fifty Fathoms' as gifts for a couple of people who've helped me out this year. If they're as good as this thread suggests they should go down pretty well! Should get them on Monday, will post some photos.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wht do you call Smaller? My wrist is about 7" and I usually wear 40-42mm watches, although I do have a few bigger ones.

The 6105 doesn't look big, partly because it's quite low profile and the case slopes away to its lower edge from the bezel.

M

Thanks for the help,👍🏻 sorry should have said, just over seven inch wrist. 🙂 Ive just ordered one, so hopefully it might even be here tomorrow?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Thanks for the help,👍🏻 sorry should have said, just over seven inch wrist. 🙂 Ive just ordered one, so hopefully it might even be here tomorrow?

Thanks again.
    Cool, let us know what you think.

M

Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    I just ordered a 'Willard' and a 'Fifty Fathoms' as gifts for a couple of people who've helped me out this year. If they're as good as this thread suggests they should go down pretty well! Should get them on Monday, will post some photos.

That's a nice thought (assuming they are into watches!)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post

Got my first one yesterday. Great bit of kit, especially at such an incredible price.
    Very nice, I like the blue lume. Im torn between this and the marinemaster homage.

My two turned up today. Initial impressions very impressive at the price. The Willard is definitely the slightly better of the two, the action of the bezel is much better and it winds smoother. The FF is a nice diameter but thicker than expected with quite long lugs so does wear pretty big, doesn't sit as nicely on the wrist as the Willard. The waffle rubber strap on the Willard is excellent, very supple. The FF comes with a quick release black suede strap which is ok but I would probably change, very nice brushed buckle though. Also comes with a very sturdy and thick grey nylon NATO. They've both got a nice blue AR coated sapphire crystal, bevelled on the Willard and domed on the FF which looks great. So very pleased, outstanding value for money.