closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

Master
    Matthew has since replied, his emails of the last few days we’re going to my spam folder.
    Does anyone have an address for them please? I’ve been asked to return the watch but with a blank warranty card have no details, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Does anyone have an address for them please?
    You have PM.

Master
    Thank you Philip you’re a gent.

Blog Entries
    Two new ones

Last edited by mart broad; 25th July 2020 at 18:05.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I’ve owned two Seiko Sumo over the years and neither have been of the quality of this....

Still waiting for my Steeldive Bronzedive :)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Still waiting for my Steeldive Bronzedive :)

Just received it!
    Don't like ....wears a lot smaller
    Sent it back after talking with Matthew

Pictures posted here look excellent and very encouraging reading the comments on the quality. I had a look at one of their Seiko homage watches on their website and the close up images of the dial looked horrible, looked like someone had put the hands on with no gloves having just finished their tea and probably ate most of their tea over the dial before putting the crystal on.

Would really like to buy one of these but got seriously put off by the photos, just how good are they?

Received a Steeldive turtle today, outstanding vfm, thought I'd try this before splurging out on the Seiko Willard.
    Bought from https://longfieldchrono.co.uk/item/s...le-homagewatch
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Received a Steeldive turtle today, outstanding vfm, thought I'd try this before splurging out on the Seiko Willard.
    Bought from https://longfieldchrono.co.uk/item/s...le-homagewatch
    Whats the finish like on the dial and hands please?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I really can't fault the damn thing, no issues with dial or hands, fit or finish,
    1st thing I did was remove the bracelet as I simply don't like bracelets due to the added weight, bezel was a bit stiff, though no stiffer than some other diving watches when new and I'm sure it'll ease off with use,
    All round a great intro to the "turtle style" divers watch.

Blog Entries
    Can only agree just picked up a sterile from the same source as well as a 1968 mm300 homage and both at the price point are excellent no complaints whatsoever.

Dials and hands have been perfect on all of mine.

Thanks for the comments, cant understand why they would put such photos on their own website photos here looks 100 times better! I am considering one of those Panerai homage as a bit of fun watch, I had a couple of Timefactors ones years ago and sort of miss them now. That or maybe one of the Seiko homage watches.

Is there a Steeldive sea dweller (or sub date with no Cyclops) that exists? Can't see one on any of the sites listed.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’ve owned, and have, a few Steeldive now and I have say that this is the best. Literally everything about it is perfect!

They are indeed fantastic for the price! Here is mine on a bracelet I managed to pick up on eBay.

Just need to get the Tuna now and I’ll have the 4.

There's the SD1954. But it has some 'Comex' action going on.
    Cheap as chips though.

https://www.steeldiveuk.com/product-...0m-diver-watch

‘Sumo’ on WatchGecko anvil bracelet with curved end links....

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 29th July 2020 at 15:20.

Decent at any price <£1000, for the money - very good indeed.

For my own taste I'd like a less shiny handset and indices, but they're more historically correct like they are.

Lume's very good indeed - better than most of my far more expensive watches; lasts well too -

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Decent at any price <£1000, for the money - very good indeed.

For my own taste I'd like a less shiny handset and indices, but they're more historically correct like they are.

Lume's very good indeed - better than most of my far more expensive watches; lasts well too -

Where are you getting the sterile dial versions?

Where are you getting the sterile dial versions?
    From this dealer on Ebay. Was pricier than the dealer this thread references, but I specifically wanted no-logo - took an offer of £180. Still hilariously cheap for the quality on offer.

I think people are getting a little over excited.

They're not £1000 watches, but the quality is certainly better than you'd expect for £200.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I think people just know quality and value for money when they see it. I’ve owned six or seven of these now and with the exception of one slightly stiff bezel they’ve all been perfect.

I agree with the comments comparing them to Seiko. I’ve been a Seiko fan for many years but the constant alignment issues have become unbearable - it’s a rarity to get a perfect one and that shouldn’t be the case.

The ‘Sumo’ I’m wearing now (pictured above) is far more enjoyable to wear and I’ll stick my neck out to say also better quality than the £740 Seiko upon which it’s based.

This brand and the likes of San Martin and Heimdallr (they might be the same manufacturer) are proving that quality and attention to detail can be achieved at a very reasonable price.

My only mistake was selling my ‘Tuna’ so I’ll have to get another, which I can easily and I’m very confident it’ll be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

They're not £1000 watches, but the quality is certainly better than you'd expect for £200.

M

Master
    I like the look of these, the only thing that's putting me off is the logo which on close inspection seems to represent a pair of gas cylinders, a pair of flippers and a diving mask. I think they've crammed a bit too much in there. Also, to me it looks like a cow's face at a glance.

Blog Entries
    Sterile try this guy

https://longfieldchrono.co.uk

or Matthew at steeldive

Just message and ask for sterile as opposed to logo

a lot less than the ebay seller mentioned.

Last edited by mart broad; 30th July 2020 at 10:50.

M
    I would tend to agree with your comment, they certainly are excellent VFM, the Steeldive I received on Monday has neither gained or lost a second since setting it on Monday.
    I asked the fella that supplied mine the following -

Off on a slight tangent - I imagine that ''Steedive and Heimdallr'' originate in the same factory?
    And as Steeldive watches are sold as 200m WR, have you any evidence for this?* When diving I use a computer with a cheap digital watch as 'back up' but it would be handy to know that the Steeldive is upto swimming and showering.

His reply ''I've got no evidence of 200M other than the manufacturers word, though I have taken my SD1970 swimming (and showering) with no problems (I've also done the same for my identical Heimdallr, again with no problems, and yes I suspect that SD, Heim, San Martin, Merkur and Proxima all roll off the same production line!)''

I also contacted Hiemdallr regarding a direct homage for the recently introduced ''Seiko Willard'' asking if they currently stocked the new smaller size and same colour scheme, their reply was to the point ''not yet''.

Make of that what you will,

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Also, to me it looks like a cow's face at a glance.
    The cows round your way need to see a vet .

Although, I agree about the logo. Something less ‘busy’ would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    The cows round your way need to see a vet .

Although, I agree about the logo. Something less ‘busy’ would be preferable.
    It's one of the reasons why San Martin is my "parts bin" hommage of choice. Another is the matched lighthouse lume.

Last edited by raysablade; 30th July 2020 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I like the look of these, the only thing that's putting me off is the logo which on close inspection seems to represent a pair of gas cylinders, a pair of flippers and a diving mask. I think they've crammed a bit too much in there. Also, to me it looks like a cow's face at a glance.
    I liked the "angry ninja" description from one of the review videos. Look at it upside down. Impossible to unsee.

M

I'd agree with that.

I checked out a friends and although they seem remarkable value for money I wouldn't buy one personally.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    This may be a silly question but are the Steeldive tuna's the same size as the Seiko original ,I have the Steeldive and it's a nice watch and great value but it is a bit smaller than I thought a tuna would be

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    This may be a silly question but are the Steeldive tuna's the same size as the Seiko original ,I have the Steeldive and it's a nice watch and great value but it is a bit smaller than I thought a tuna would be
    It seems proper Tunas come in different sizes (https://www.60clicks.com/ultimate-se...lectors-guide/) from 45 to 52mm.

Measuring 9 to 3, with the shroud, my Steeldive is 46mm, so a realistic size even if it doesn't seem to be a 100% match.

I was quite pleased, personally, how small the Tuna wore, I'd always shied away from Seiko ones for fear they'd look too bulky.

My Steeldive Tuna (in green) is the nicest made of my 3 Steeldive/Heimdallr watches and my favourite of the trio.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 3rd August 2020 at 16:42.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Which bracelet does the tuna from Matthew ship with? The pictures show it on a lumpy style one and a oyster style one.

My 1954M arrived today. Looks great, well finished. However, massive problem with the time keeping - the second hand seems to get stuck around the 40s mark and then starts again after a while (or if i shake it).

I assume something is catching/rubbing. The bezel action is also very rough, and 60 clicks not 120 as advertised. Have emailed Matthew so will wait for his response.

Turtle on Haveston M1944C canvas:

Will be interesting to see how these watches get on over the next few months with day to day use, swimming, being out and about. If they really can take a bit of a beating then I think we have a bit of a winner for a go to cheap beater.

Craftsman

Wearing the SD1952 today, really very impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Just don't, be patient and deal with the UK dealer. Aliexpress is sh*te - if you ever actually get a watch at-all, much-less the one you ordered, you will usually get hit with taxes, duty and carrier charges on top. Please especially avoid "Allbai Store" on there - crooks and liars. Hazard a wild guess how I know this...
    I got my Puck with no customs.... from Ali!

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’ve owned, and have, a few Steeldive now and I have say that this is the best. Literally everything about it is perfect!

Whats the timekeeping like on these, its all well and good them looking the part but no use if they are all over the place with keeping time.

Timekeeping has been brilliant on all of mine. I find the NH35 movements usually are. Never been more than 8 spd and usually around 5spd.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Whats the timekeeping like on these, its all well and good them looking the part but no use if they are all over the place with keeping time.

The Willard homage I have is currently running within 2 seconds per day.

I really want to see a Snowflake hands / Tudor range - they look better quality than Tiger Concepts? Anyone have both..

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    i'm waiting for him to either stock the green dial version or one without "greenmarine" on the dial, otherwise it'll set my ocd off!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I know mine has 'GreenMarine' on the dial but my eyes aren't good enough to see it so it never bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    i'm waiting for him to either stock the green dial version or one without "greenmarine" on the dial, otherwise it'll set my ocd off!

Halios Puck version

I bought the Halios Puck version as a tester before I commit to looking for the real & I have to say it's actually pretty well made.
    Quite solid & running just fine at around +7 seconds a day. What I don't like is they say it has a Sapphire crystal but I can tell you for certain it's not.
    If I decide to keep it I will probably buy a Domed Sapphire crystal for it.

Either way it's cheap and cheerful so I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I bought the Halios Puck version as a tester before I commit to looking for the real & I have to say it's actually pretty well made.
    Quite solid & running just fine at around +7 seconds a day. What I don't like is they say it has a Sapphire crystal but I can tell you for certain it's not.
    If I decide to keep it I will probably buy a Domed Sapphire crystal for it.

Either way it's cheap and cheerful so I'm happy with it.
    How did you test the crystal?

I did the water drop test on Steeldive crystal and it showed up as sapphire.

Mitch

Master
    Blog Entries

Handy Glass Tester>>

Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post

How does that work Bry?

Just tests the relative hardness between sapphire and mineral I guess?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Maybe it's sapphire coated but that's about it in my opinion.
    For starts it's just a dull looking crystal & I have to wipe it 4 or 5 times a day to keep it clear (no I don't do anything messy or mucky to get it this way)
    Like most of you I have quite a collection & have owned probably over 50 watches over a long time & other than acrylic crystals (sometimes) I have never cleaned a crystal so much.
    So in my opinion they are not Sapphire. Who know's maybe I got one that wasn't fitted with one if they ran short on a batch but like I said I'm happy with it for the money & if I decide to keep it I will fit a Domed Sapphire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    How did you test the crystal?

I did the water drop test on Steeldive crystal and it showed up as sapphire.

Mitch
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by sickie; 4th August 2020 at 14:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Measures the crystal-gemstones heat conduction rate.