closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    The SKX007:

Been toying with getting this one for a while, can I ask your overall opinions please

Emporer today.

But may be on SC soon to cover the cost of an incoming.. ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Been toying with getting this one for a while, can I ask your overall opinions please
    For the price (£105 delivered) it's excellent. NH35 movement, Sapphire Crystal, 200m water resistance, ceramic bezel, C3 luminova etc. In fact i was thinking about selling my SKX007 and just having this one. The bracelet isn't anything to write home about mind but comfy enough. Bezel action is great and everything lines up. Came with a rubber strap, spare spring bars, bracelet sizing tool and spring bar remover. Like I said for the price new I doubt you'd find anything better👍

For the price (£105 delivered) it's excellent. NH35 movement, Sapphire Crystal, 200m water resistance, ceramic bezel, C3 luminova etc. In fact i was thinking about selling my SKX007 and just having this one. The bracelet isn't anything to write home about mind but comfy enough. Bezel action is great and everything lines up. Came with a rubber strap, spare spring bars, bracelet sizing tool and spring bar remover. Like I said for the price new I doubt you'd find anything better
    Thanks, I agree with your thoughts of selling the SKX, did you order from Steeldrive or Longfield chrono?

Master
    Direct from Steeldive.co.uk with free next day delivery👍

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    They do seem great for the value! I’m tempted to get more! Had this on since getting the a few days ago!

Very tempted by the mm300 sc also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I have just taken delivery of a SD1970 Captain Willard homage from SteeldiveUK.

Came out at £99.99 delivered with a £5 off coupon that one of the Youtube reviewers published.

I am very impressed with fast delivery and quality of watch.

Came with a SS bracelet with solid end links, rubber strap and tools mentioned by others.

I went for the Black version, but the AR Blue tint is quite strong so dial looks Blue in many lights.

I like it, but something to be aware of.

Just got my first,bronze turtle from sc ,really crazy for the money,I think I could of bought every model they do with the money I’ve wasted and had a fantastic collection.

Master
    Has anyone tried a Steeldive in the water yet ?
    I too have been blown away by the quality at the price point
    but haven't been brave enough to submerge it yet.

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post

maseman
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ng#post5530547

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5536868

My Steeldive Tuna has been in too - No issue - In my experience, you should be safe in the washing up!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 23rd February 2021 at 11:27.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

My Sumo-alike arrived today, not bad for £145 posted with a free leather strap included.
    A fun watch for the summer and I’ll enjoy watching the patina develop over the coming months, it’ll get plenty of exposure to the sea air but I don’t think I’ll take it swimming.

maseman
    No problem with any of mine so far in water.

- - - Updated - - -

maseman
    No problem with any of mine so far in water.

Craftsman
    How has anyone got hold of Matthew? I've tried emailing but not received a reply so far

MM300 on Steveo Para Canvas. These straps are amazing....

online photo hosting

Craftsman
    I’ve had a couple of those fantastic value for money, I got both of mine off eBay BNIB only around £100 it was a steal, see why I did there :D

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    I’ve had a couple of those fantastic value for money, I got both of mine off eBay BNIB only around £100 it was a steal, see why I did there :D
    Dodgy spelling and iffy grammar?
    Last edited by number2; 1st March 2021 at 03:29.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    My Sumo-alike arrived today, not bad for £145 posted with a free leather strap included.
    A fun watch for the summer and I’ll enjoy watching the patina develop over the coming months, it’ll get plenty of exposure to the sea air but I don’t think I’ll take it swimming.

Interested to see how the patina actually develops on these steeldive watches.
    This bronze sumo is looking really good!

Banned
    The SKX007:

Does he make them more authentic by misaligning the chapter ring and hands, making the crown gritty and sticking when screwed in, dust under the crystal and loose bezel? :p

Journeyman

Green Willard

Just received the green Steeldive Willard today. Lovely looking watch and so far the timekeeping has been spot on. The watch is certainly good value, but sadly the bracelet I got had damage to both the end links in the same place. I did however send an email to Steeldive UK and got an immediate reply.

Matthew has stated he will send another bracelet in the post. So certainly can't complain about customer service !

Here is a wee pic on a mesh, for £105 posted its a decent work watch (the reason I got it).

Richy

P.S The picture does not do it justice, the colour is far nicer in the flesh!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    Just received the green Steeldive Willard today. Lovely looking watch and so far the timekeeping has been spot on. The watch is certainly good value, but sadly the bracelet I got had damage to both the end links in the same place. I did however send an email to Steeldive UK and got an immediate reply.

Matthew has stated he will send another bracelet in the post. So certainly can't complain about customer service !

Here is a wee pic on a mesh, for £105 posted its a decent work watch (the reason I got it).

Richy

Looks good I'm waiting for the black to come back into stock hopefully this week

Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

For the money it’s pretty crazy what you get. I initially had issues with the crown not screwing down after releasing it. Was extremely gritty, felt like it was going to get cross threaded each time I tried screwing it down but after numerous careful attempts it’s become as smooth as butter. Can only imagine it had some metal shavings on it, preventing it from screwing down. The bracelet I don’t mind, not the highest quality but again for the price I can’t complain. The end links/springbars don’t feel well finished though but usable.

Anyone else with initial crown issues? That resolved itself?

Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 4th March 2021 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post

Richy

6105 case is one of the most comfortable on wrist. After Dagaz I had yeara ago which had issues with loose bezel I decided to get the Steeldive so I am waitting for green to arrive. I like that the green is not screaming, it looks subtle and neutral
    Nice piece, I think it will look even better on rubber waffle
    (tip: try fluoro rubber from aliexpress - also amazing quality for money)

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    For the money it’s pretty crazy what you get. I initially had issues with the crown not screwing down after releasing it. Was extremely gritty, felt like it was going to get cross threaded each time I tried screwing it down but after numerous careful attempts it’s become as smooth as butter. Can only imagine it had some metal shavings on it, preventing it from screwing down. The bracelet I don’t mind, not the highest quality but again for the price I can’t complain. The end links/springbars don’t feel well finished though but usable.

Anyone else with initial crown issues? That resolved itself?

Next time try cleaning the threads with waxed dental floss - worked like a dream on my Seiko Arnie, from horribly gritty to smooth as butter!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Next time try cleaning the threads with waxed dental floss - worked like a dream on my Seiko Arnie, from horribly gritty to smooth as butter!

Thanks for that tip, I’ll give that a go the next time I come across such an issue. Funny question but does it matter if it’s flavoured? Lol

Craftsman
    Thanks for that tip, I’ll give that a go the next time I come across such an issue. Funny question but does it matter if it’s flavoured? Lol

Helps for resale if they are minty.

Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Actually, the only floss is use is ‘waxed, minty’ so it didn’t seem to do it any harm - the wax seems to not only grab the grit and remove it, but act as a lubricant too - I’ve had the arnie for about 18 months now and it still screws down incredibly smoothly (unbelievably smoothly for a Seiko)!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post

Sorry.
    I appreciated it

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I appreciated it

M
    Haha me too, re-read my post, it wasn’t meant to be quite so po-faced!

Banned

Sorry.

Brilliant!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Haha me too, re-read my post, it wasn’t meant to be quite so po-faced!

I didn't read it like that, you had actual advice to give.

I shall be doing my Solar Tuna...just need to find a suitable flavour for tuna ;)

Sorry.

hahah

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Does he make them more authentic by misaligning the chapter ring and hands, making the crown gritty and sticking when screwed in, dust under the crystal and loose bezel? :p
    Unfortunately not🤣

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fancied a bright watch for the summer and have pulled the trigger on one of these. Seem great for the money with Sapphire Crystal Glass, NH35 Automatic Movement, Ceramic Bezel, 200m Water Resistance, Screwdown Crown and 316L Stainless Steel Case.

I reckon I'll try one of their bronze watches next.

Last edited by sprite1275; 11th April 2021 at 18:15.

Bought a couple of models both sterile,can only echo the previous posts on vfm,but who designed that logo? At first glance looks like a cartoon frog.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Bought a couple of models both sterile,can only echo the previous posts on vfm,but who designed that logo? At first glance looks like a cartoon frog.
    It's not the worst, but I, too, have only sterile dialed Steeldives because I'm not a fan of the logo.

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    It's not the worst, but I, too, have only sterile dialed Steeldives because I'm not a fan of the logo.

M
    Me-3. I keep seeing interesting and attractive new models appear on here at the usual bargain prices, and would have been sorely-tempted were it not for that dire logo. I'm also unwilling to buy from Ali Express having been badly ripped-off by them (opposite of ebay - for A-E the customer is always wrong!).