closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Just seen a Heimdallr on ebay with a pepsi bezel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that. Just looked though and they're turtle cases coming from China so not keen for both reasons as the boy wants a standard style case. It shows that Pepsi bezels do exist for them though.

As an update, Steeldive have confirmed that have no plans for a Pepsi but suggested it could be done as an after fit.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 4th November 2020 at 19:28.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Thanks for that. Just looked though and they're turtle cases coming from China so not keen for both reasons as the boy wants a standard style case. It shows that Pepsi bezels do exist for them though.

As an update, Steeldive have confirmed that have no plans for a Pepsi but suggested it could be done as an after fit.
    Do you mean a SKX009 Pepsi homage when you say standard case rather than turtle?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Do you mean a SKX009 Pepsi homage when you say standard case rather than turtle?
    Yes, round case or round/cushion case. I suspect I'll end up with a Skx009 and an aftermarket bracelet but would have liked the option of a micro brand quartz (I asked Scurfa but they've no plans for a Pepsi and don't think an aftermarket bezel would fit their watches).

Craftsman
    Yes, round case or round/cushion case. I suspect I'll end up with a Skx009 and an aftermarket bracelet but would have liked the option of a micro brand quartz (I asked Scurfa but they've no plans for a Pepsi and don't think an aftermarket bezel would fit their watches).
    The older Heimdallr SKX homage was actually compatible with a lot of genuine SKX parts but the newer version is less so.

I haven’t heard how the Steeldive fares in compatibility.

A genuine SKX009 Pepsi insert is less than £10 so could potentially be a cheap modification. There is no guarantee this would work however.

Master
    The older Heimdallr SKX homage was actually compatible with a lot of genuine SKX parts but the newer version is less so.

I haven’t heard how the Steeldive fares in compatibility.

A genuine SKX009 Pepsi insert is less than £10 so could potentially be a cheap modification. There is no guarantee this would work however.
    Noted thanks. I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of a Pepsi bezel option from the micro brands as you'd think that would prove popular but guessing not.

Craftsman
    Do you not like the SKX jubilee? I have to admit when I bought mine I had intentions of immediately replacing the bracelet with and uncle Seiko or strapcode but when I tried the bracelet on it felt really good when worn.

feels very tinny and cheap when off the wrist though. Then again so do the old Rolex jubilees but they last quite a long time.

Craftsman
    Noted thanks. I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of a Pepsi bezel option from the micro brands as you'd think that would prove popular but guessing not.
    Agree, I think the same thing had crossed my mind.

They do tend to offer ceramic bezel inserts as standard and red/blue is difficult to do in ceramic I believe. That’s the only logical reason I can think of.

Master
    Agree, I think the same thing had crossed my mind.

They do tend to offer ceramic bezel inserts as standard and red/blue is difficult to do in ceramic I believe. That’s the only logical reason I can think of.
    My son wants an oyster bracelet and I'd read the Seiko one felt a little flimsy. If he wasn't set on a Pepsi life would be much easier!

Update: Heimdallr have advised they did have a Pepsi option but it didn't sell well.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 5th November 2020 at 09:44.

Master
    For those who purchased the ploprof - how are you getting on with them?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    For those who purchased the ploprof - how are you getting on with them?
    I order this ploprof today.I still have also the sharkmaster 600 from Helson.
    Exciting to see the different quality if there is any.
    Read about the bezel problem ,Lume,nd crown....hope it will not fall outside by deliver 🙈

Just received my first Steeldive watch from Steeldive U.K in Wales..

It's currently intimidating my Emperor Tuna..

The quality is mind blowing!!
    Last edited by senraw; 23rd January 2021 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    Just received my first Steeldive watch from Steeldive U.K in Wales..

It's currently intimidating my Emperor Tuna..

The quality is mind blowing!!
    I fancied trying one of these too. Can you please let me know how you get on with it, and possibly post a pic or two.
    Cheers

Craftsman
    I just got the steeldive mm300 watch ,looks and feels good ,it's quite a chunky watch and a good weight ,the bracelet is ok but not the biggest if you have large wrists ,my wrist is 8 1/4 inches and was using the full bracelet and largest clasp position ,I changed onto the strap and it feels pretty comfortable .Can't go wrong for the money I will be getting the emperor tuna next

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    anyone got the bronze Oris 65 homage....quite fancy that one!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by neilf1965 View Post
    I fancied trying one of these too. Can you please let me know how you get on with it, and possibly post a pic or two.
    Cheers
    I've been wearing the watch for 12 hours now and it's gained 0.4 seconds.

The watch is absolutely fantastic, mind blowing considering the low cost, can't fault it.

Alignment is spot on, no lint under the glass, crown operation is exceptional (smooth as butter!), bezel action is amazing with very little play, case finishing seems to be better than Seiko and it has fantastic lume, everything just seems perfect.

If this had Seiko on the dial, people would pay a grand for it without hesitation.

http://www.hotcow.co.uk/Buzz-Blog/ca...out-brands.htm
    Last edited by senraw; 24th January 2021 at 15:36.

The watch is absolutely fantastic, mind blowing considering the low cost, can't fault it.

Alignment is spot on, no lint under the glass, crown operation is exceptional (smooth as butter!), bezel action is amazing with very little play, case finishing seems to be better than Seiko and it has fantastic lume, everything just seems perfect.

If this had Seiko on the dial, people would pay a grand for it without hesitation.
    As another 'Steeldive owner' it's really surprising the level of accuracy that can be achieved with the workhorse NH35 movement, no alignment issues either.
    Last edited by number2; 24th January 2021 at 10:06.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    I bought one of these from that eBay outlet last week. I agree with the comments about quality for the price.

Nice one !

Master
    I’m tempted by the squale look a like but I’m also liking the Rdunae tunas (anyone got one?)

Blog Entries

http://www.hotcow.co.uk/Buzz-Blog/ca...out-brands.htm
    That’s looks fantastic buddy. Now off for a look.

ATB

Pitch

Blog Entries
    How are people finding the Proplof???

Ta

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    That’s looks fantastic buddy. Now off for a look.

ATB

Pitch
    Honestly Paul, the quality of the Emporer is absolutely mind boggling.

And it hasn't gained or lost any time since gaining the initial 0.4 seconds Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Honestly Paul, the quality of the Emporer is absolutely mind boggling.

And it hasn't gained or lost any time since gaining the initial 0.4 seconds Saturday.

Cheers Karl.

I put a WTB out for a Tuna and boy has the value increased since I parted with my last. One of these looks like it would certainly sort the scratch.

Brand new today and as good as every other SD I’ve owned. Outstanding:

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Cheers Karl.

I put a WTB out for a Tuna and boy has the value increased since I parted with my last. One of these looks like it would certainly sort the scratch.
    The Seiko prices have certainly gotten a little steep over the past few years Paul.

I think I paid under £300.00 for my first SBBN007 (brand new) from a Japanese dealer.

The Steeldive should certainly scratch that itch.

I really wasn't keen on the Steeldive logo and planned on replacing the dial. I've since decided to leave it "as is", this Chinese brand really needs the recognition it deserves.

The Seiko prices have certainly gotten a little steep over the past few years Paul.

I think I paid under £300.00 for my first SBBN007 (brand new) from a Japanese dealer.

The Steeldive should certainly scratch that itch.

I really wasn't keen on the Steeldive logo and planned on replacing the dial. I've since decided to leave it "as is", this Chinese brand really needs the recognition it deserves.
    Both my Steeldive's have sterile dials (one by choice, the other simply arrived that way) and I prefer that.

I would, though, say (as I have elsewhere) that the Tuna is the pick of the 3 (I had a Heimdallr 6105 too) I've had, with a nicer bezel and crown action than the other two.

This may be the luck of the draw, of course, but it is what I've found.

For the money, they are excellent watches, if you can get past their 'clomage' nature.

ETA I've put my Helson Sharkmaster 600 on today and it made me think that we've not seen many of the Steeldive Ploprof homages. I know a few people bought them, how are you finding them?

M
    Last edited by snowman; 27th January 2021 at 17:22.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Brand new today and as good as every other SD I’ve owned. Outstanding:

I am amazed each time I look at my Sumo clone, I just cant believe a watch will all the features can be made, marketed and sold for around £100, it puts many many other makers to shame as far as I am concerned, even the genuine Seiko Sumo,s I have owned in the past have not been as good as this copy, I wish they would make a spork, that would sure to be a top seller

I agree with all of that:

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    I am amazed each time I look at my Sumo clone, I just cant believe a watch will all the features can be made, marketed and sold for around £100, it puts many many other makers to shame as far as I am concerned, even the genuine Seiko Sumo,s I have owned in the past have not been as good as this copy, I wish they would make a spork, that would sure to be a top seller

These really are insane value:

Craftsman
    I quite like this one - if they made it without the date - a smidge over £100

https://www.steeldiveuk.com/product-...0m-diver-watch

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    I quite like this one - if they made it without the date - a smidge over £100

https://www.steeldiveuk.com/product-...0m-diver-watch
    That is nice, but agree would be better without the date.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the blue MM300 alike?

I quite like the look. Also considering if the San Martin would be a better quality option but I actually prefer the Steeldive logo

I don't have owner experience of the MM300 range however a couple of people I know who bought them have been disappointed for quality reasons. I've owned the Willard, Tuna and Sumo and all have been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post

I quite like the look. Also considering if the San Martin would be a better quality option but I actually prefer the Steeldive logo

I don't have owner experience of the MM300 range however a couple of people I know who bought them have been disappointed for quality reasons. I've owned the Willard, Tuna and Sumo and all have been outstanding.
    Thanks for the tip off
    That’s a shame as overall they seem to get great reviews

You could order one and see what you think. Matthew will accept a return if you aren't happy with it.

Thanks for the tip off

Thanks for the tip off
    I've got a black one and it's on a par with the 6105 and Tuna alikes, IMO.

My Tuna has a particularly nice bezel action, but there's nothing really wrong with the MM300 (or 6105) at the prices they are.

I think you're always going to risk patchy QC from bargain Chinese watches, but I've no quibble with my MM300 alike, aside from it's the least accurate NH35 I have (although still under 20s/d, so in spec).

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 29th January 2021 at 10:52.

Master

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5522902

Have to confess, I prefer the ones with the name at 12.00 rather than sterile, it balances the watch dial for me, I certainly have no probs with the Steeldrive logo. Nice collection you have there by the way.

You could order one and see what you think. Matthew will accept a return if you aren't happy with it.
    Well he's legally obligated to but he's got bigger problems...

Are you in touch with him? Let him know as it is currently written his website leaves him open to prosecution, unlimited fines and in a worse scenario a prison sentence (although fines are more likely). His lack of returns information means the normal 14 days to indicate a return does not apply. As written it breaches the Consumer Rights Act, Consumer Contracts act and the unfair Contracts regulations.

(He's also in breach of the companies act which also opens him upto fines but someone else can pick that up).

Craftsman
    I have a steeldive mm300 ,its great value for money looks and feels good it's large thick watch but I find it very wearable .

No I'm not in touch with him nor do I have any affiliation to him, I just requested the return of a watch last year which he had no problem with.

What you've described sounds highly alarming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Well he's legally obligated to but he's got bigger problems...

Are you in touch with him? Let him know as it is currently written his website leaves him open to prosecution, unlimited fines and in a worse scenario a prison sentence (although fines are more likely). His lack of returns information means the normal 14 days to indicate a return does not apply. As written it breaches the Consumer Rights Act, Consumer Contracts act and the unfair Contracts regulations.

(He's also in breach of the companies act which also opens him upto fines but someone else can pick that up).

No I'm not in touch with him nor do I have any affiliation to him, I just requested the return of a watch last year which he had no problem with.

What you've described sounds highly alarming though.
    Many amateurs who set up a store often makes these mistakes not because they are trying to trick consumers but because they don't know what they are getting into...

He likely thinks because he's just a middle-man for a company in china he's covered - in reality because the chinese company is untouchable all the risk is with him.

Any idea why the SD1970 Turtle is £5 more on rubber than bracelet? Looks like the same exact watch and you'd think the bracelet costs more.

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    I have a steeldive mm300 ,its great value for money looks and feels good it's large thick watch but I find it very wearable .

That’s good to know! Pictures would be great....is it the black or blue face?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Ops missed that! Thank you...I am thoughtful if the black suits the watch better

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Ops missed that! Thank you...I am thoughtful if the black suits the watch better
    I think it does and I'm usually a fan of blue watches.

M

Master

I’ve had 2 of the Seiko MM300 in the past.
    Bough the Heimdallr version last year with the seagull movement, it’s just awesome!
    I removed the bracket which was ok but placed it in NATO and the build of the watch is faultless.
    Didn’t get charged any import duty either to the U.K.

Master
    I bought the SD1970 turtle last week from these guys. £105 delivered next day on bracelet with additional decent quality steeldive branded strap.
    Great service and the watch is amazing, I would say on par with Seiko build quality.
    Could have got from Ali express a few quid cheaper but then there is the wait and possible charges so what’s the point.
    Great service from these guys.

Grand Master
    delighted with this!

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!