closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 114

Thread: Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

  1. #1
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186

    Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

    Some of you will have noticed the Steeldive brand becoming quite prevalent on the forum over the last couple of months. I own a couple and they're amazing quality at their price-point.

    AliExpress has been selling them for a while however I've never bought from them, instead I use a Cardiff based eBay seller who has been fantastic. His name is Matthew and his service is superb.

    Matthew has stopped selling them on eBay and as of this week has launched his own online shop exclusively for Steeldive watches. I don't have any affiliation to the brand or to Matthew, except for getting to know him recently over virtual watch transactions and conversations.

    Take a look if you fancy. Oh and let him know I sent you if you buy anything.

    Cheers.

    www.steeldiveuk.com

  2. #2
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,816
    Out of interest, what two do you have ?

  3. #3
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186
    1970 Turtle and 1975 Tuna. Both amazing value. Great builds, everything lines up and NH35 movements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Out of interest, what two do you have ?

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,612
    I bought one of these from that eBay outlet last week. I agree with the comments about quality for the price.


  5. #5
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,856
    Blog Entries
    5
    Can only agree got on of these on the way

    https://www.steeldiveuk.com/product-...0m-diver-watch
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Blackwood, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,389
    Great heads up, thanks. I can confirm the quality is superb, although I've just sold mine on sc.
    Those bronze models look interesting.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Master Alansmithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burscough, UK
    Posts
    7,512
    Is this an actual brand or just another drop-shopper who pays for their logo to be stuck on? Because there are tons of people selling these 'homages' and they all look the same.

  8. #8
    Craftsman canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    610
    ... and curious what the bracelet feels like

  9. #9
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186
    Very nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ... and curious what the bracelet feels like

  10. #10
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    22,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Is this an actual brand or just another drop-shopper who pays for their logo to be stuck on? Because there are tons of people selling these 'homages' and they all look the same.
    I was looking into this only yesterday, factory in China supplies most if not all, you just supply the logo.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  11. #11
    Craftsman canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Very nice.
    Thank you! Might dip my toes in

  12. #12
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    10,395
    Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    I bought one of these from that eBay outlet last week. I agree with the comments about quality for the price.

    How do you find it?

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  13. #13
    Master Alansmithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burscough, UK
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I was looking into this only yesterday, factory in China supplies most if not all, you just supply the logo.
    So how many would we need to order for a forum special edition?

  14. #14
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,212
    I recently bought a Sharkey Tuna, and Iím pretty sure itís the same watch as the Steeldive Tuna. So yes, itís badge engineering.

    I can only agree with Davidís assessment of the quality - amazing value for money.

    Simon

  15. #15
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    So how many would we need to order for a forum special edition?
    Iíd be interested, depending which model it was...

    Simon

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Blackwood, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Iíd be interested, depending which model it was...

    Simon
    The dial should be interchangeable on all the Seiko homage 4 oclock models, and that's where the forum branding would be, so maybe there could be a choice of models?

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    How do you find it?

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    It is a weighty piece and feels very well put together. The bracelet is ok. Not top quality but comfy enough, doesnít rattle and feel reasonable well balanced on the wrist. The bezel has a very small amount of play but clicks round nicely. The finishing is good and the details on case and dial quite pleasing. It has a sapphire crystal and NH35 movement, so you know what youíre getting there. The lume is good, but the colour of the dial plots in daylight is a very clinical sort of white, whereas I would prefer a slightly warmer off white. The date sits a fraction low in the window, but it changes crisply and is perfectly legible. Iím not super keen on the logo on the dial. But happy enough to live with it.

    For 150 notes I am more than happy with it. Itís without doubt not up to the high standards of a genuine Seiko MM300, but it didnít cost 2 grand, so you wouldnít expect it to be.

  18. #18
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    10,395
    Thanks, I have a no-logo version on the way.

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  19. #19
    Master Alansmithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burscough, UK
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    The dial should be interchangeable on all the Seiko homage 4 oclock models, and that's where the forum branding would be, so maybe there could be a choice of models?

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    One with a pair of old shoes and another with a bear in a pit ;-)


    Depending on what we did - looks to be about $70-$100 depending on the model and volume (and a donation for the fund-raiser)?

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Blackwood, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    One with a pair of old shoes and another with a bear in a pit ;-)


    Depending on what we did - looks to be about $70-$100 depending on the model and volume (and a donation for the fund-raiser)?
    Lol, both of those things are deeply symbolic of TZ, size small and size xxxl waxed jackets could also feature heavily. But what I actually meant was one dial design, but it could be used in a variety of steeldive models to suit different tastes. There could be hours of fun, and sometimes not so fun discussions over final design.
    The potential problem is though, that Eddie could very justifiably be pretty miffed if people started setting up what is effectively a micro business on his forum, even if it's just a bit of fun and the fundraiser benefits.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 23rd June 2020 at 20:53.

  21. #21
    Master Alansmithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burscough, UK
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    The potential problem is though, that Eddie could very justifiably be pretty miffed if people started setting up what is effectively a micro business on his forum, even if it's just a bit of fun and the fundraiser benefits.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    It's a good point.

  22. #22
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186
    It's a point I considered before posting however these Steeldive watches aren't playing in the same pool as his offerings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    It's a good point.

  23. #23
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    753
    I'd be interested if there were a Slow Worm on it. Perhaps engraved on the caseback.

    Or how about and MX-5 with the X a bit like the Prospex X? :-)

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Blackwood, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It's a point I considered before posting however these Steeldive watches aren't playing in the same pool as his offerings.
    And that's a good point also.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    8,802

    Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    So how many would we need to order for a forum special edition?
    Edit
    Points already made above
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 23rd June 2020 at 22:06.

  26. #26

    Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    The potential problem is though, that Eddie could very justifiably be pretty miffed if people started setting up what is effectively a micro business on his forum, even if it's just a bit of fun and the fundraiser benefits.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Or we could keep all parties happy with a Timefactors TZUK special edition .

  27. #27
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,856
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Thanks, I have a no-logo version on the way.

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Feeling lazy can you tell us more as i would much prefer something a little more sterile
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  28. #28
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Out of interest, what two do you have ?

  29. #29
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,816
    They look great for the money those!

  30. #30
    Craftsman Coops365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    442
    I'm curious. On the website he says they offer a 6 month warranty on all purchases. Is that not below statutory?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Master Alansmithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burscough, UK
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops365 View Post
    I'm curious. On the website he says they offer a 6 month warranty on all purchases. Is that not below statutory?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    That's a bit of a complex one but for the sake of argument - let's just say if it just stopped seven months after you got it - he'd be out of luck.

    There is a reason cheap low value Chinese watches are mainly sold directly from out the EU/UK...

  32. #32
    Craftsman Coops365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    That's a bit of a complex one but for the sake of argument - let's just say if it just stopped seven months after you got it - he'd be out of luck.

    There is a reason cheap low value Chinese watches are mainly sold directly from out the EU/UK...
    Just reading the consumer rights act guidelines it appears that the onus of proof regarding faults changes after 6 months. I guess that's why he's set it at that level.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Posts
    737
    Toss it in bin, mod it.. I think most of us drink more during week than cost of usual Steeldive.

  34. #34
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    8,802
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    Toss it in bin, mod it.. I think most of us drink more during week than cost of usual Steeldive.
    Maybe in Croatia they do.

  35. #35
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Posts
    737
    ... we have cheaper booze here. Seiko 5 perhaps during weekend.

  36. #36
    Journeyman williemays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dubuque
    Posts
    246
    Steeldive! If it stops working, you can throw it in the garbage!

    Just joking. This is a fascinating discussion. Thanks to the OP for sharing.

    Hereís a review: https://youtu.be/v09EuWLe3w4

  37. #37
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186
    Stock bracelet today....


  38. #38
    Master Red Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunny Bristol
    Posts
    3,782
    20200623_110530 by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

    More than happy with mine which I purchased from another forum member recently...

  39. #39
    Master mindforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,216
    Very impressed with mine. Solid bezel click with no wobble, great dial, indice and hand finishing, even the brushing is pretty good on the case. And I'm fussy!

  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunny Grantham, UK
    Posts
    5,632
    Blog Entries
    1
    How long does the lume last?

    Never fancied paying the price for an MM300 but a cheap one as a beater, that does appeal.

    Is the WR good? If anyone has swum whilst wearing one, and not had it leak, that'll be good enough for me!

  41. #41
    Master Gullers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    How long does the lume last?

    Never fancied paying the price for an MM300 but a cheap one as a beater, that does appeal.

    Is the WR good? If anyone has swum whilst wearing one, and not had it leak, that'll be good enough for me!
    Nearly word for word this was exactly what I was thinking!

    Love hands and design of the MM300 but have never wanted to pay the money.....

  42. #42
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,190

    Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Very impressed with mine. Solid bezel click with no wobble, great dial, indice and hand finishing, even the brushing is pretty good on the case. And I'm fussy!
    Thanks for the pics. On AliExpress dial and bezel have different lume. Different versions around?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  43. #43
    Master IVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,208
    Iím really enjoying mine. Cheap as chips, but feels really solidly put together in the hand and on the wrist.

    Great time keeping too, around +1 sp/d when wearing it.

    Itís a bronze model, which is already developing a nice patina. This is when it was new;




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    12,770
    really fancy one of the Sumo homages, but need the green dial version otherwise the "greenmarine" on the dial will bug me!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  45. #45
    Master vRSG60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barrowford - Lancashire
    Posts
    2,736

    Steeldive Watches - UK based outlet launched

    £119 delivered in a day.

    It came with an Isofrane type strap.
    This is from Georgeís straps.

    Iíll order a Tuna version next.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vRSG60; 26th June 2020 at 19:37.

  46. #46
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186



    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    £119 delivered in a day.

    It came with an Isofrane type strap.
    This is from Georgeís straps.

    Iíll order a Tuna version next.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,190
    Looks great guys! Are your ď6105ísĒ with green or blue lume on the dial?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  48. #48
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stuck in 1996
    Posts
    12,186
    Geeen in the dial and blue on the ceramic bezel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Looks great guys! Are your ď6105ísĒ with green or blue lume on the dial?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Some of you will have noticed the Steeldive brand becoming quite prevalent on the forum over the last couple of months. I own a couple and they're amazing quality at their price-point.

    AliExpress has been selling them for a while however I've never bought from them, instead I use a Cardiff based eBay seller who has been fantastic. His name is Matthew and his service is superb.

    Matthew has stopped selling them on eBay and as of this week has launched his own online shop exclusively for Steeldive watches. I don't have any affiliation to the brand or to Matthew, except for getting to know him recently over virtual watch transactions and conversations.

    Take a look if you fancy. Oh and let him know I sent you if you buy anything.

    Cheers.

    www.steeldiveuk.com
    This is great news cheers for the heads up

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  50. #50
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Geeen in the dial and blue on the ceramic bezel.
    Thanks appreciated! Maybe just a weird effect in the earlier picture posted above. Both looked blue to me there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information