closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home office chair recommendations?

Apprentice
    I have a RH new logic 220, it's very comfortable and has a wide range of adjustment.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_0787 View Post
    Not leather but have a look at the Boss Sona Chair.
    I used to suffer with lower back problems so I'm very conscious about things like office chairs and these have so much adjustment!

These things are so good I bought them for the entire team and there's never been a single complaint.

We buy ours from Apollo.
    Having read through this thread, and originally looking at the HM Aeron as I have used one of those previously, I've just picked up a leather one of these Boss Sona chairs for the bargain price of £84 on ebay! Great chair, lots of adjustment, nice quality, and really comfortable. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    +1 for the IKEA Markus.

I've worked at home since 2007 and must sit in one for 12 hours a day all told. I've had two in 13 years ... very durable and very comfortable.

Craftsman
    Simply go here and poke around : https://corporatespec.com/

I have bought several chairs from them and even been there and had chairs repaired.

Their stock is massive and decently priced.

Thoughts on the IKEA Markus? Looks to be popular and cheap. Lots of YouTube reviews.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by series5 View Post
    Simply go here and poke around : https://corporatespec.com/

I have bought several chairs from them and even been there and had chairs repaired.

Their stock is massive and decently priced.
    Thanks for the link. I bought a Humanscale Freedom from them yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thoughts on the IKEA Markus? Looks to be popular and cheap. Lots of YouTube reviews.
    I'm sat on one now. Solid, and comfortable enough for all day use. Note that its only adjustments are seat height and tilt. Miles better than the standard £100 office chair though. No complaints for the price.

^^^ As above

I' got the leather version over 7 years it's in a South facing room so gets the sun on it all day but still looks like new. Seat cushion is still firm, no loose bits or annoying squeaks and gas ram (up and down) still functioning. If it does ever need replacing I'll be buying another one.

Master
    I bought one of these:
    https://www.wellworking.co.uk/chairs...ir-p2016/s2028
    Humanscale Diffrient World.

Very comfortable and with the lower back it doesn't look too out of place in the home.

IKEA messed me around so I had a refurbished Herman Miller Sayl delivered today.

£250 inc delivery if you're in London. Not sure what they charge for postage, their company eBay has them at £270 plus P&P.

No affiliation but had mine delivered about half an hour ago.

https://studiomodern.co.uk/herman-miller-2/

I was sitting on a cheap Argos job I bought in March but started suffering with it. Not so much the back, but my legs would ache because the seat was rubbish.

After looking at this thread I bought a Humanscale Liberty from here:

https://corporatespec.com/product/re...r-apple-yp108/

Loads of different colours and took about 4 days to deliver with no self-assembly needed.

I've had it about three weeks and it's been perfect with no back or leg trouble. It looks basic but it just works

Steelcase chairs are excellent

lightly used for a fraction of the new cost

https://www.2ndhnd.com/products/stee...waAhNcEALw_wcB

Having being a avid gamer for a decade, from atari to Xbox one and now a proper customized PC system, the space of sitting matters the most. I have tried both a front open gaming desk and an L shaped one, but i find the L Shaped best for gaming purpose. I got more space to manage my stuff, more cabinets, and desk on both side for resting my arms, i would recommend to every gamer to use an L shaped one instead of a regular one. I have looked online for Arrozi and IKEA both and found equally good. I also recommend to choose better gaming chair like Homall and feel better environment all together. Specially when you read any review regarding Homall gaming chair like this one https://www.reviewsed.com/homall-gaming-chair-review/ you will see that it has Adjustable armrest and height and Outstanding Support for long-time gaming sessions and that what i always looking for and many other gamer would love to have in their gaming chair

Craftsman
    I was looking at herman millers but they look too office like for me so I went for one from here because I can't afford the real ones https://bykallevig.com/en/product/office-chair/

Still awaiting for it to be delivered but I hope they are as good as they look

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Been looking for a while for a nice looking chair in real leather so many are only bonded/PU etc or have leather seat but PU back

Thinking of one of these Eames lookalikes

Love the first one but not sure back is high enough and with the second I would prefer padded armrests

Cant get out and try as I would normally do, any experience with these 2 chairs?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilo View Post
    Been looking for a while for a nice looking chair in real leather so many are only bonded/PU etc or have leather seat but PU back

Love the first one but not sure back is high enough and with the second I would prefer padded armrests

Cant get out and try as I would normally do, any experience with these 2 chairs?

Quote Originally Posted by KerryBrown View Post
    Having being a avid gamer for a decade, from atari to Xbox one and now a proper customized PC system, the space of sitting matters the most. I have tried both a front open gaming desk and an L shaped one, but i find the L Shaped best for gaming purpose. I got more space to manage my stuff, more cabinets, and desk on both side for resting my arms, i would recommend to every gamer to use an L shaped one instead of a regular one. I have looked online for Arrozi and IKEA both and found equally good. I also recommend to choose better gaming chair like Homall and feel better environment all together. Specially when you read any review regarding Homall gaming chair like this one https://www.reviewsed.com/homall-gaming-chair-review/ you will see that it has Adjustable armrest and height and Outstanding Support for long-time gaming sessions and that what i always looking for and many other gamer would love to have in their gaming chair
    Neilo, that is so frustrating as agree the lack of padded arms & the other with a low back! You need both together.

Kerry, I’d be ashamed to turn my camera on sitting on that, my clients will think I’m a teenager lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a black version of the chair on the right, ie an 'Eames-a-like' chair. It was OK, but the padding all sags pretty quickly and the stitching finally all gave way. Some of the 'chrome' parts are just plastic with a film coating and it felt really quite cheap. They photograph better than they are in reality.
    Buy a genuine one, or expect to bin the fake one after a short while was my experience.
    I now have a silver/black Herman Miller Aeron which is much better.
    Last edited by Maysie; 17th February 2021 at 15:06. Reason: Typo

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I had a black version of the chair on the right, ie an 'Eames-a-like' chair. It was OK, but the padding all sags pretty quickly and the stitching finally all gave way. Some of the 'chrome' parts are just plastic with a film coating and it felt really quite cheap. They photograph better than they are in reality.
    Buy a genuine one, or expect to bin the fake one after a short while was my experience.
    I now have a silver/black Herman Miller Aeron which is much better.
    Hi

Yes I know what you mean but with originals about £6000 I cant pay that

I have seem really bad copies but also some really good ones but yes its finding one, the all leather ones at Pash Classics seem quite good? https://www.pash-classics.com/office

N

Hi

Yes I know what you mean but with originals about £6000 I cant pay that

I have seem really bad copies but also some really good ones but yes its finding one, the all leather ones at Pash Classics seem quite good? https://www.pash-classics.com/office

N
    Understood.
    My version was a cheap product which was sold at a premium price, from a bricks and mortar retailer, so it is a total minefield.
    £6k is a fair lump to spank on an office chair!

Master
    Anyone have any suggestions for a decent chair with headrest? Been looking at the Herman Miller chairs but dont think they have them. Needs to be a big sturdy job because of my massivness!

From memory, I just went to Staples and sat in all of their chairs and tested them. Some of those which looked good weren't quite supportive enough.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a decent chair with headrest? Been looking at the Herman Miller chairs but dont think they have them. Needs to be a big sturdy job because of my massivness!
    Aerons have headrests as an extra .
    Also come in 3 sizes , small , medium , large.

If you plan to sit on it for long periods in front of a computer I consider an aeron as the only chair I’d feel wasn’t destroying my back.

I'll add a random vote for a gaming chair. I bought a GTOmega Pro last year and have been working at home with it for 6 months now and I'm very happy with it.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day