closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths PRS 25 hour hand too short

Journeyman

Smiths PRS 25 hour hand too short

Hi Guys

A newbie here, hope i can get my question clarified before placing my order, I've been aiming the favorable PRS 25 hope i get lucky this time getting one in next order windows.

my question, is it just me that think the hour hand is relatively smaller i feel the hour hand too short compared to the proportioning of the watch.
    I've read in some posts that it was a defects by the manufacturer, do you know if the next batch would addressed this defect issue?

appreciate your response, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by billa84 View Post
    Hi Guys

A newbie here, hope i can get my question clarified before placing my order, I've been aiming the favorable PRS 25 hope i get lucky this time getting one in next order windows.

my question, is it just me that think the hour hand is relatively smaller i feel the hour hand too short compared to the proportioning of the watch.
    I've read in some posts that it was a defects by the manufacturer, do you know if the next batch would addressed this defect issue?

appreciate your response, thanks.
    You're a bit late to the party, the hour hand issue was corrected on the last batch, now sold out. It wasn't a defect either.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    You're a bit late to the party, the hour hand issue was corrected on the last batch, now sold out. It wasn't a defect either.

Eddie
    Thanks for clarifying Eddie, I was surely late haha....
    Just curious if it wasn't a defects why does it needed to be corrected in last batch? Why didn't just leave it as it is then?

It wasn't a defect, it wasn't an issue and it wasn't corrected. Some people wanted a longer hour hand and that's what they got. Purely subjective. IMHO.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It wasn't a defect, it wasn't an issue and it wasn't corrected. Some people wanted a longer hour hand and that's what they got. Purely subjective. IMHO.
    But Eddie just advised it.has been corrected in the newer batch.
    So people get a choice to choose? If they want a longer or shorter hour hand?

Do we have a pic comparison between both versions?

Eddie
    Thanks for clarifying Eddie, I was surely late haha....
    Just curious if it wasn't a defects why does it needed to be corrected in last batch? Why didn't just leave it as it is then?
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post

Pillows plumped and feet up -
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

No
    and
    No.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    was going to make a thread about this but i figured this would be the place to ask, but is there any news regarding the dial on the next batch due for August? Will the black dial have the old smiths crown logo like the white dial does?

Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    was going to make a thread about this but i figured this would be the place to ask, but is there any news regarding the dial on the next batch due for August? Will the black dial have the old smiths crown logo like the white dial does?
    Yes.

Eddie

That is exciting news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Yes.

Eddie
    thats great news, when/where will the day of availability be announced? on the timefactors front page or in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    thats great news, when/where will the day of availability be announced? on the timefactors front page or in the forums?
    On the forum, Facebook and via the mailing list.

Eddie

Apprentice

PRS-25

I was on site at 1400hrs..was not able to cart anything! Just went str8 to message saying August is next drop. What happened??

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Airjaded View Post
    I was on site at 1400hrs..was not able to cart anything! Just went str8 to message saying August is next drop. What happened??
    Your clock must have been set incorrectly. The shop was open from 2 until about 2:09

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Airjaded View Post
    I was there and my item was added to cart, so are you sure that you were there at 1400.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbio2 View Post
    Your clock must have been set incorrectly. The shop was open from 2 until about 2:09
    Wow - that was 9 minutes; for the shop that's quite a lot longer than usual.

Journeyman
    Yes.

Eddie
    that's exciting, just have to wait next ordering windows to grab one.
    so anything that we purchase now during the limited time that open on Sunday @1400, it will be an August batch correct?

do you have a prototype pic of how it looks like?
    and do you consider upgrading the movement to swiss movement? thought that will be a nice touch for a vintage inspired watch.
    Last edited by billa84; 29th June 2020 at 10:42.

Master
    that's existing, just have to wait next ordering windows to grab one.
    so anything that we purchase now during the limited time that open on Sunday @1400, it will be an August batch correct?

and do you consider upgrading the movement to swiss movement? thought that will be a nice touch for a vintage inspired watch.
    As I understand things - you won't be able to purchase them until they're in stock.

So you can't 'buy' one in July if they're not going to be until August.

Craftsman
    that's existing, just have to wait next ordering windows to grab one.

You will not be able to add one to your cart even if the store is open unless the model is in stock. When you order it then over the following week or two Eddie packs and ships each order, and if I am not mistaken usually in the order of the order being placed.

As far as upgrading movements I would imagine that Eddie will continue using the Miyota 9039, one due to its availability and it is a robust movement and gives you a lot for the money.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    You will not be able to add one to your cart even if the store is open unless the model is in stock. When you order it then over the following week or two Eddie packs and ships each order, and if I am not mistaken usually in the order of the order being placed.

As far as upgrading movements I would imagine that Eddie will continue using the Miyota 9039, one due to its availability and it is a robust movement and gives you a lot for the money.
    Thanks for clarifying, i misunderstood the information display on the TF site, I was thinking although it's out of stock but allow you to placed an order during limited time on Sunday @1400, and buyers will receive the watch in August.

Re on movement, I have to complaint on miyota I know it's a capable movement but it will be sweet if it's an ETA, maybe I'm just biased :)
    Last edited by billa84; 29th June 2020 at 10:40. Reason: Typo

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    As I understand things - you won't be able to purchase them until they're in stock.

So you can't 'buy' one in July if they're not going to be until August.
    Probably not a bad thing, more time to save up untill it's available again in August.